Another Newbs Grow Setup

420 Elite

Hi guys and gals,

Im pretty new to growing just about to finish my 2nd crop, but i have had lots of guidance and tips thrown at me along the way. I Currently have a couple of plants in a soiless mix on another premises, i will be soon starting my own setup.

i intend to buy a 4x4ft grow tent or bigger and set it up as a flower room, it will have an air cooled 600w hps light and ballast aswell as a Homemade version of the "general hydroponics waterfarm" hydro system, it will be fairly expensive to build but i think it is the best setup for me. All this will come together slowly as i have other commitments buy once it gets up and running it will be full steam ahead.

Well while looking through my local hardware store the other day i noticed Cheap galvanized shelving units for a mere $16 each, i picked 3 of them up and soon i started to build what is to be a clone box and veg room, a bit bigger than 2ftx2ft. Its not the biggest but should do for a couple of crops until i upgrade. I just brought a humidity dome of eBay as well as some Mylar emergency blankets, i will most likely line the outside of the frame with thin guage gal sheet so i can mount fans inside the box, then i will line the inside with the mylar blankets, in the clone area on top of the box will be x2 2ft T5 lights and for the veg area (the large area) there will be x4 2ft t5s. I aim to buy a couple of seeds of one of the most potent plants (yet to decide) and take a clone from clone to sustain my veg room so i can then transplant them into a flower tent for a consistent harvest.

This will be slow journal untill i get all the bits and pieces, but for now heres couple of pictures
11906.jpg
21466.jpg
31316.jpg

Any feedback or advice appreciated

Happy Growing!:allgood:

to be honest i have no idea, preferably an average height plant with decent yeild and high TCH as well as a short flower period. I really want to grow "Respect OG" has a TCH level of 29.9%!!!!!!! but unfortunately i cant find its seeds anywhere.

If anyone has a recommendation on a strain to use, hit me up

Just set your space up first, see how much room you have left for the plant, then maybe make a decision as to what strain youll grow, and how youll grow it.. When making your soil mix, dont use anything thats loaded with N,P,K, some 100% Organic soils, such as the Humus soil i use, has some active N,P,K in it but not in amounts that will burn your seedlings...
Ive seen many people using a soil mix with extra nutes in it and their plants end up having some probs fairly soon in veg, so just check the soils ingredients and things you put into it..
Goodluck mate and hope that you get it all happening soon! Smokem..

i have been using a soiless mix and been great so far, but i think i will upgrade to a simple top drip system as i have all the parts here minus a tray and some rock wool, then i can use this "clone/veg box" to keep a steady stream of plants for the room, i will take clones in the 40mmx40mm cubes then transfer to the larger blocks for veg and then on to the hydro setup. unfortunately is a shared op, ill try to take photos when im next on the premise. I have literaly spent no money on it, lights and room was already kitted out,i simply advise the owner of the premisis when to water and i maintain the plants and nutrients. i use it for my personal smoke.

Where as my future plans of a grow tent are much more complex, air cooled 600whps either 4 or 9 5gal buckets with 8inch net pot lids, all with "General hydroponics farm kit" which is drip rings that are fed buy the nutrients in the the bottom on the buckets, all buckets are connected together to a control bucket. The control bucket determines the water level of the buckets, it has a float within so when the water drops, the reservoir automatically fills it up. A bit complex but it is what i want, its basically GH Water farm kit but with 5gal buckets instead.