Any ideas what this is?

LelandBelloff

420 Member
Northern Lights auto, soil indoor grow
Fox farms ocean floor soil
Fox farms trio nutes
Plant is roughly 3 weeks old and this happened 2 days ago after first feeding with nutes.
Can anyone help???

Attachments

• 1664CF95-B863-40A5-A021-774BD7E21913.jpeg
    1664CF95-B863-40A5-A021-774BD7E21913.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 135
  • DEEB6DDF-66CD-438F-BAD0-57F1B3CD942D.jpeg
    DEEB6DDF-66CD-438F-BAD0-57F1B3CD942D.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 128
Yes very good drainage and it’s not a perfect science but I weigh plant when dry and after a feeding so I can tell if it’s super dry and I feel the soil.... do u think it’s over feeding? I have two other plants on same routine and they r fine although I saw some signs on bubble gum plant on 1 leaf

Yes very good drainage and it’s not a perfect science but I weigh plant when dry and after a feeding so I can tell if it’s super dry and I feel the soil.... do u think it’s over feeding? I have two other plants on same routine and they r fine although I saw some signs on bubble gum plant on 1 leaf
It could be. Have a TDS meter?

It would help if we knew a few thing's more, RH? Lights? Temps? Water/feed schedule,fans? All play a factor in why your plant responded that way.

I would guess yes, to much love.... easy on the amount of watering. Stick you finger in the soil, if it's damp or cool (moisture) if you sense that wait one more day. Mark it on a calendar when you feed/water or better yet start a journal here and we can follow you and give advise if we see anything or if you need more guidance. It is the best way to get help if your new at it. Watch you plants too, they will tell you when to water (slight softening of leaves). She appreciated the drier soil.Read read read others journals/threads and learn, find a fit that works for you as a gardener. :slide: :green_heart: It helps. Easy to say lighten the water, but without more info we can only guess. Does that make sense? There are no stupid questions fyi :circle-of-love:

OMG... thank you so much for that info and I will get on providing more info. I read so much that sometimes u think it’s something but it’s not
Temps are great at in between 75-80 degrees
RH is 40%
ocean floor soil fox farms nutes but I only use 1/2 strength every third feeding. All my plants are auto flower! I just put some grape ape into jars to cure so fingers crossed

Are you using the directions on the back of the bottles, or the actually schedule (Booklet) they have for the trio?
Ive always heard to start off quarter strength with FF.

I have the feeding schedule from FF that I just cut in half. So I was told that autos don’t really need nutes so I was feeding nutes every feeding then got hit with a little N toxicity issue that almost cost me a lady. So I’m on my 2nd go round and half strength.
I APPRECIATE Y’ALL GETTING BACK!!!!!!

Did you use nutes right away? Fox Farms soil already has nutes in it so you only water for the 1st 2 - 3 weeks. If you fed you may have caused a Toxicity depending on the strength. I'd pH a gallon to 6.4 & run it through the plant & get a run off pH. If it's over 6.8 or under 6.0 I'd flush & get the pH right & the salts washed out.

I did not feed nutes right away but you bring up an interesting point. I thought optimally feeding ph should be 5.9. Soil I mix 3 parts FF TO 1 part sphagnum peat moss
Peat moss is pretty acidic. I grow in peat/perlite, but it's adjusted with lime and buffered with gypsum. You may try running your nutes a little higher pH.

By higher you mean 6.5? I read so much and everyone has a different opinion, especially when it comes to autos
Here’s a different question so I just dried some grape ape and put it into jars I waited till trivhomes about 30% amber. Dried whole plant about 7 days, trimmed and jarred. I open 2-3 times a day to burp, and I should keep jarred for bout 6 mos?

I did not feed nutes right away but you bring up an interesting point. I thought optimally feeding ph should be 5.9. Soil I mix 3 parts FF TO 1 part sphagnum peat moss
You need to be at 6.2/3 for optimal input with FF. Don’t flush your soil. Use quarter strength for now and alternate water, then feed, water, then feed. Always water to runoff, and let the soil dry up between your feed.
@Emilya is very familiar with FF. Let’s pull her in as backup.

By higher you mean 6.5? I read so much and everyone has a different opinion, especially when it comes to autos
Here’s a different question so I just dried some grape ape and put it into jars I waited till trivhomes about 30% amber. Dried whole plant about 7 days, trimmed and jarred. I open 2-3 times a day to burp, and I should keep jarred for bout 6 mos?
I'd try 6.5 and see what happens. It's hard to say because of the peat. I'd use Ca/Mg too. Get some 62% Boveda for your jars. I can't wait 6 mos.

You need to be at 6.2/3 for optimal input with FF. Don’t flush your soil. Use quarter strength for now and alternate water, then feed, water, then feed. Always water to runoff, and let the soil dry up between your feed.
@Emilya is very familiar with FF. Let’s pull her in as backup.
It's not FF, it's FF with an additional acid component, peat. He's gonna have to experiment.

You need to get bovida 62s. Burp the jars twice a day for two weeks, the once for a week or two (depends on the RH), then you’re pretty much good. I let it go another week. Get some little temp gauges off Amazon. Be sure to store in the dark.
08AE319F-A954-4B2D-A20C-1CD0338D3961.jpeg
6C157537-477F-4D79-B7E7-1A455AC75C5D.jpeg
26A19405-6B4B-4D39-AB30-07C0ED84533F.jpeg

I'd try 6.5 and see what happens. It's hard to say because of the peat. I'd use Ca/Mg too. Get some 62% Boveda for your jars. I can't wait 6 mos.
I use peat in my soil, but yes, 6.5 is a good safe zone. If you start seeing manganese or iron deficiencies, then I’d drop to 6.2.

Back
Top Bottom