Anybody trying to lose weight? DO IT WITH BUD!

JRockerManic

Hey everyone. I just got inside from a little trip, the weather is too cold for LIFE dammit..sorry, just felt the need to share that.

The thing I really want to share is: how pot helped me lose weight. Yeah dude, I'm serious. I've always been a self-conscious person. I mean, when I was nine, I would throw a fucking FIT if I my parents told me not to wear cologne. Crazy world! Anyway, I started gaining weight in my 7th-8th grade year and continued to put it on until the beginning of the summer before senior year. That is when I discovered pot. I had a real problem. I would starve myself for a day or two, attempting (feebly) to lose weight the anorexic way. Then, after a few days, my hunger would "get the better of me" and I would eat a MASS amount of food. Eventually it got to where I wouldn't be hungry for three or four days. It was completely normal to not want food for half a week. However, I still had the binging problem. Some nights, I would go to sleep and wake with terrible stomach cramps, I would eat so much. I was 6'1 ft. 268 lbs. That's pretty hefty, by the way. Anyway, I went to a bonfire with a friend and decided to buy a dimebag, just for fun. Well, I noticed that even though I had gorged the day before and my stomach STILL hurt, I was hungry. My stomach pains, though still there, didn't really matter at all. I then hatched an idea. I ate a little Taco Bell that night and planned my experiment for the next day. I got up and instead of immediately firing up a cigarette and grabbing some coffee, I got in my track suit and ran a mile or so. It was SO hard, but I willed myself and pushed and managed it. When I got home, I immediately went to my little sack and fired up a bowl (borrowed from a friend, the night before). I sat down, relaxed, stretched a bit and began to draw while enjoying my music. After an hour or so, I felt the munchies kick in. I was STARVING! I ran downstairs and opened the pantry. Even though the cream pies were tempting, I was in the middle of an experiment!! I grabbed the fattest, most beautiful apple and a bottle of citrus green tea. That apple tasted like the freshest, most juicy amazing thing I'd ever had. After I finished the apple and the bottle of tea, I just felt completely sated. Not hungry, not tired, just elated. After a hard run, a rough smoke and a great snack, I was just so happy. I began to do this every day during my senior year. Not ONE DAY went by without smoking. I started senior year 6'1 ft 268 lbs, and when I graduated in May, I weighed 215 lbs. I really believe that marijuana was a major factor in my weight loss.

Easy Steps -

MAKE SURE TO WORK OUT!! SORRY GUYS, IT'S NECESSARY!

Always smoke AFTER a workout (Vaping is best, but hey, not all of us can afford it or even find it). For some people marijuana will induce a zombie-ish state that helps you "get in the zone" for running. But for most it will just prolong the run, make it harder, and make you more tired and get your head spinning.

When you get the munchies, ALWAYS reach for the healthy choice. It's hard, but you'd be surprised at how little food will give you that "sated" feeling.

Enjoy your high! Take time after all's said & done to relax, listen to some music and just chill. Allow those natural endorphins and that sweet THC to do it's magic.

I'm not a doctor, and hell, it probably won't work for everyone. But I REALLY think it worked for me. DEUCES!

Certainly try the workout after ingesting Cannabis - if it works for you, it will make the workout much more enjoyable.
I lost about 35 unneeded pounds using Cannabis. One thing I noticed is when elevated by Cannabis I don't need to eat...I can skip a meal without too much discomfort. On the other hand, like JRockerManic said, healthy food can taste really good. I'm more inclined to eat healthy - skip the deserts and candies - when I'm on a Cannabis regimen. :peace:

I always try to eat the next meal first - before ingesting the herb, for that very reason. It doesn't stop me from getting the munchies on occasion, though. :thedoubletake:

I haven't gotten the munchies in a long time. If I smoke before mealtime, even if I was hungry before, I lose my appetite. I can skip that meal without even missing it. I don't eat much junkfood either.

If you don't eat it, you won't miss it. Eating sugar only makes you want to eat more sugar, so eat a piece of fruit, popcorn, yogurt instead. Try reading the nutritional info on the back, that'll cure you.

I'm not saying I never indulge, but it's usually when we have friends over and medicate. Skip the candy, it's chips and salsa for me!:smokin:

I weighed 301lbs as of December 01,2007.It is now Dec 01,2008 and I weigh 245lbs.I said it was from smoking when I got hungry,for some reason when I smoke it curbs my appitite.Instead of grabbing a quick lunch I would just smoke a joint, drink a bottle of water and be good for the rest of the day.:grinjoint:

Really? I've heard that THC actually DOES NOT speed metabolism. As far as I know, its appetite-stimulating effects are just that. THC is an appetite stimulant. If you didn't gain weight from eating munchies after blazing, what would be the point of giving it to chemo patients? The point is to re-gain appetite and put on more weight..

If anyone can prove me wrong, feel free. I'm always down to learn something new.

for me it seems like if i dont smoke im not hungry... i smoke daily so say theres a day when i ran out the night before i wont eat nothing until later on that night unless i find me some smoke before then; then i just have a normal day eating beakfast lunch and dinner wierd huh?

Really? I've heard that THC actually DOES NOT speed metabolism. As far as I know, its appetite-stimulating effects are just that. THC is an appetite stimulant. If you didn't gain weight from eating munchies after blazing, what would be the point of giving it to chemo patients? The point is to re-gain appetite and put on more weight..

If anyone can prove me wrong, feel free. I'm always down to learn something new.

For chemo-using cancer patients (and many oter people) one of the benefits of Cannabis is that it can relieve nausea...so it's easier to have an appetite and enjoy food.

I've personally found that Cannabis does increase my already high rate of metabolism, but moderates and soothes how my body functions. The biggest difference for me on weight is not only my intake, but my level of physical activity. Using Cannabis gives me a healthier appetite. I'll choose simple healthy meals and beverages to leverage the soothing affects of Cannabis. Since the Cannabis helps to assure my mobility and pique my interest, I tend to seek activities that get me out in the (fresh?) air; like walking, biking, rafting, gardening, and building. :peace:

For chemo-using cancer patients (and many oter people) one of the benefits of Cannabis is that it can relieve nausea...so it's easier to have an appetite and enjoy food.

I've personally found that Cannabis does increase my already high rate of metabolism, but moderates and soothes how my body functions. The biggest difference for me on weight is not only my intake, but my level of physical activity. Using Cannabis gives me a healthier appetite. I'll choose simple healthy meals and beverages to leverage the soothing affects of Cannabis. Since the Cannabis helps to assure my mobility and pique my interest, I tend to seek activities that get me out in the (fresh?) air; like walking, biking, rafting, gardening, and building. :peace:

"Dear Alice,

Is it true that your metabolism speeds up when you're high off pot? I heard that when you have the munchies after smoking marijuana, it doesn't matter what you eat because your metabolism is so fast. Please give me an answer!!

-Munchie Metabolism

Dear Munchie Metabolism,

Scientific research has yet to document whether or not smoking marijuana (cannabis) has a direct effect on metabolism; however, it appears that the body processes food similarly when high on pot as when sober.

Studies have shown, though, that cannabis does trigger an increase in appetite, hence "having the munchies." "The munchies" is usually a desire for sweet and fatty treats, foods that, when not consumed in moderation within a balanced, varied eating and exercise plan, promote weight gain. Studies also show that individuals who regularly smoke pot gain weight over time. The increase in appetite leads to extra caloric intake, contributing to weight gain. In fact, even though the use of marijuana as medicine remains a controversial issue, the appetite-stimulating effects of marijuana have been documented. HIV/AIDS patients who need to gain weight, for example, eat more when they smoke cannabis.

Based on what is known, marijuana does not influence metabolism. In other words, what you eat matters just as it would if you were not high on pot. "

There is no evidence, uptill now, whatsoever, that cannabis affects your metabolism, period.

lol yay research

Theres no way pot would help me loose weight haha. Every time I get the munchies I HAVE to go out and gorge. Food just tastes so amazing I can't help it.

Back
Top Bottom