Anyone seen this before

So I have 7 plants, so e in Coco , one in DWC and a few in hempy

All have this same weird issue. Starts at the lowest buds/branches and works it's way up them

It does it lower branches on main colas or big branches, but dosent get to the tops but will kill lower tops

Kinda looks like cauliflower when they start dieing

One hempy that had it I harvested and the roots looked great

Any idea guys and gals

Ro water
Gh Flora Trio nutes

Can't say I've used the same scissors to trim them all, so not sure if anyone has been touched by the same tools

Graciass everyone

IMG_20190831_101043.jpg
MVIMG_20190831_100942.jpg
MVIMG_20190831_100936.jpg

So I have 7 plants, so e in Coco , one in DWC and a few in hempy

All have this same weird issue. Starts at the lowest buds/branches and works it's way up them

It does it lower branches on main colas or big branches, but dosent get to the tops but will kill lower tops

Kinda looks like cauliflower when they start dieing

One hempy that had it I harvested and the roots looked great

Any idea guys and gals

I have seen it before on some of my plants. The older the plant the more likely I am to see it show up. Like you say, it never seems to get to the top of the plant. Another thing I noticed is that those lower buds seem to lose their trichomes once it starts. (Some of my grow info at the bottom.)

There is another thread that was a bit active this past week with photos that show the same thing or something that looks really close. Some people wanted to blame the problem on fursarium blight but I do not think that is the real cause of the problem in that thread or what I have for several reasons. (That thread is: ..../branches-die-after-changing-colour.470976/ )

Fusarium will kill the entire plant within days but my plants are strong and healthy except for the lower branches. I have not seen an entire branch start to wilt like all the photos of any type of plant affected by fusarium. I have the feeling that your plants are not dying either and are still healthy up to the time of harvest.

Fusarium gets into the soil and is spread that way. I have dumped my pots, with the roots still in them, back into the big bucket and when I need soil to fill another pot I get it from the bucket. I do not see it show up on the newly planted clones or plants grown from seed until the plant starts to flower with just a couple of exceptions.

Those exceptions are some of the plants that I keep in the vegetation closet or area for a long, long time, like 4 to 6 months. Young plants do not get it. Right now I have some clones and a couple of plants from seeds vegetating and only one has signs of the problem. Some in the flowering cabinet have signs of the problem but not to bad.

Lights are LED tubes in T5 HO fixtures both in the vegatating stage and the flowering.

And another reason I do not think that it is fusarium is that I have taken two of my mother plants outside to spend their final retirement weeks in the sun. On one mother, a Blue Dream clone that I kept taking cuttings off of, when I put it out last summer the problem slowed way down, almost stopped. One of the clones off of that clone became the new mother and by early spring this year it had the problem. I transplanted it into a 5 gallon pot of the same soil and took it outside. Within a month the problem was gone. I then took it up to the farm and transplanted it into the ground there. The problem did not come back and the plant is an impressive bushy 7 foot tall. Would be taller but we had to pull the tops down.

Just a feeling I have is that the problem is related to either the amount of light, or the type of light, or possibly that it has been in the same pot and soil for to long.

Soil mix is 1 part perlite, 1 part peat moss, 2 parts compost. I then mix in amendments as in Coot's Super-Soil mix. After the first mixing the soil was allowed to cook and rest for 4 weeks up to 6 months since I did not need it all at once. Every now and then I will add a couple of tablespoons of Bil-Live and Bio-Fish to the bucket and mix it in.

I water with collected rain and/or melted snow. If that runs out I use the water from aquarium water changes. If that runs out I use city water that has been allowed to sit for a day or more to off-gas the chlorine.

Because of space and height restrictions all my plants are in small pots and the flowering cabinent is set up like a perpetual sea of green. A couple of plants come out and a couple go in. I am pushing the soil mix to the max and probably beyond so I bottle feed with what I hope are as organic as possible supplements. Which supplement I mix up with water and give the plant depends on the stage the plant is in.

Which reminds me, I have several gallons bubbling for the past 36 hours and it is "watering time".

Enjoy the day.

I have seen it before on some of my plants. The older the plant the more likely I am to see it show up. Like you say, it never seems to get to the top of the plant. Another thing I noticed is that those lower buds seem to lose their trichomes once it starts. (Some of my grow info at the bottom.)

There is another thread that was a bit active this past week with photos that show the same thing or something that looks really close. Some people wanted to blame the problem on fursarium blight but I do not think that is the real cause of the problem in that thread or what I have for several reasons. (That thread is: ..../branches-die-after-changing-colour.470976/ )

Fusarium will kill the entire plant within days but my plants are strong and healthy except for the lower branches. I have not seen an entire branch start to wilt like all the photos of any type of plant affected by fusarium. I have the feeling that your plants are not dying either and are still healthy up to the time of harvest.

Fusarium gets into the soil and is spread that way. I have dumped my pots, with the roots still in them, back into the big bucket and when I need soil to fill another pot I get it from the bucket. I do not see it show up on the newly planted clones or plants grown from seed until the plant starts to flower with just a couple of exceptions.

Those exceptions are some of the plants that I keep in the vegetation closet or area for a long, long time, like 4 to 6 months. Young plants do not get it. Right now I have some clones and a couple of plants from seeds vegetating and only one has signs of the problem. Some in the flowering cabinet have signs of the problem but not to bad.

Lights are LED tubes in T5 HO fixtures both in the vegatating stage and the flowering.

And another reason I do not think that it is fusarium is that I have taken two of my mother plants outside to spend their final retirement weeks in the sun. On one mother, a Blue Dream clone that I kept taking cuttings off of, when I put it out last summer the problem slowed way down, almost stopped. One of the clones off of that clone became the new mother and by early spring this year it had the problem. I transplanted it into a 5 gallon pot of the same soil and took it outside. Within a month the problem was gone. I then took it up to the farm and transplanted it into the ground there. The problem did not come back and the plant is an impressive bushy 7 foot tall. Would be taller but we had to pull the tops down.

Just a feeling I have is that the problem is related to either the amount of light, or the type of light, or possibly that it has been in the same pot and soil for to long.

Soil mix is 1 part perlite, 1 part peat moss, 2 parts compost. I then mix in amendments as in Coot's Super-Soil mix. After the first mixing the soil was allowed to cook and rest for 4 weeks up to 6 months since I did not need it all at once. Every now and then I will add a couple of tablespoons of Bil-Live and Bio-Fish to the bucket and mix it in.

I water with collected rain and/or melted snow. If that runs out I use the water from aquarium water changes. If that runs out I use city water that has been allowed to sit for a day or more to off-gas the chlorine.

Because of space and height restrictions all my plants are in small pots and the flowering cabinent is set up like a perpetual sea of green. A couple of plants come out and a couple go in. I am pushing the soil mix to the max and probably beyond so I bottle feed with what I hope are as organic as possible supplements. Which supplement I mix up with water and give the plant depends on the stage the plant is in.

Which reminds me, I have several gallons bubbling for the past 36 hours and it is "watering time".

Enjoy the day.

I saw his thread...but dosent look the same

I have 6 diff strains, so not genetics

Gotta be a virus, water, nute, or something

Two different plants and strains pics

Weird
MVIMG_20190831_130720.jpg
MVIMG_20190831_130710.jpg

Fusarium Wilt ?

Rotten-Plant.jpg

This is from the RQS Blog-

It's in the soil,if that's what it is,and the prognosis doesn't look good...
May not be what you're dealing with,but that pic looks a lot like what you've got going on.
I really hope that's not what it is.

Must be one of these diseases

Dosent kill the plant, or make it to the top colas
Like it's sacrifices the lowers to survive or something

Good thing is I'll be cleaning and re doing my entire area after this grow...so whatever it is should move on down the road

Enjoy the day.

I'm wondering if this is possibly it

Fusarium can't be it because some are hempy and DWC, and it needs soil. Not sure if It grows in Coco or not

Mine arnt all I. Small pots, but some are

My original plant that showed it was in a large pot but transfered to it in flower. It was a hempy and also leaked at the bottom. The roots looked fine when harvest

I'm still leaning towards a virus started in that 1st plant and transferred to the 6 other strains by me

If the one plant from yesterday that just died is DEAD this morning...I'll do some close inspection of the roots, leaves, stem and all

It's very strange I deed

Well...the one that just up and died...... autopsy concludes rot/fungus/mold at the base in the root riot cube

This strain has been very temperamental, and I was told that, as some full Sativa are

Gunna let her percolate a few days and hope the seeds get fully viable. Early ones are close to 5 weeks old

I'm seriously wondering if lights can be a contributor to this

More research is needed

Back
Top Bottom