Arduino based room controller

Nice work OG...

I just recieved my UNO R3 from ladyada today.. I have been following this post since I found out about it & I purchased everything you mentioned in this thread..
Im a virgin to computer programming but I do know I can do some great work to my grow box to step my game up.
The codes that have been written in this thread, is it possible to copy and paste into my arduino in sequence ?
Please let me know how to get this thing going in my box... I couldn't wait to recieve this setup from adafruit, now I cant wait to get it programmed and running in my cab...
To be able to look at a LCD and see my ladyz threw a ps3 eyetoy cam pan/tilt style via IPhone would be Super Sick & I know with the help of you and the thread, it's possible...

Thanks in advance..

Whatever code is listed here, you should be able to copy and paste into the Arduino IDE. You can also go over to GitHub and get the code from there.

Give it a try and if you have problems come back and tell us. Then we can work on what ever problem you have.

Thanks a lot... I will jump right into this controller once I get off work...

I just basically needed to know if there is a certain sequence that I add the codes into arduino's IDE.
I have already copied all codes in this thread to a flash drive, now we just install and see what we get..

Also wanted to know if any of you arduino pros know how I can add this ps3 eye toy to my space to do live stream via phone.

Don't forget, it's not just the code, you also need to get the appropriate libraries depending on the components you are using. Get them from the same source you got the parts usually, install them in the same folder as the "stock" libraries. If you follow the tutorial, it should explain it all. I have never seen a PS3 eye toy......

Ps3 eyecam is what I mean. I would like to set that up for time lapse and to check lady'z to make sure all is good wirelessly via ph or laptop..

Ok Og, got you.. So not only the code, I need all the rest also.. Does the code go with the library or on separate page..?

Ps3 eyecam is what I mean. I would like to set that up for time lapse and to check lady'z to make sure all is good wirelessly via ph or laptop..

Ok Og, got you.. So not only the code, I need all the rest also.. Does the code go with the library or on separate page..?

The libraries are called in the code, usually like #include <EEPROM.h>. Some of those you will need to download before the code will compile.

I also disagree with where OG13 said to place the libraries you need to add. User libraries need to be placed in a folder under the Users "My Documents/Arduino/Libraries". This is the proper place for them and allows you to change the core libraries also. At least for Win XP and Max OSX, I'm sure a different place on Win7 and linux. If you are running one of those I can get the proper place for them too.

On doing image capture and processing with an Arduino.... But what ever you wanted it isn't like an Arduino couldn't do it, depending on what you are wanting. It would be worlds easier to use something that has a higher ability to handle it. Something like a RaspberryPI, or a PC. Very easy to setup an old PC with a web cam, putting out a web page or emails. shrug

Prairie,

Thanks man, I'm already feeling the luv from you guyz. I apreciate that brother..!
I don't know nothing about programming but I know hangin around here with y'all I will get there.
I feel gitty about this like all of us did with are first grow. Now that grow is locked down, it's time to move to some advanced upgrades like duino...YesSs!!

Thankz again for speedy get back..

Kj.

Hi OG. 1st very cool stuff. 2nd How similar is the coding for this micro-controller to the Motorla HC11. I used to code the HC11 with Assembler years ago. Is the Arduino system similar?

Thanks for all the great info :thanks:

Arduino uses C, it is pretty easy to learn, just study some of the code.

Og,

The president of co2meter.com was researching Arduino, found this thread, and is following your posts. He says if there is anything he can do to help, give him a call.

Mark

How's the duino crew ?

I have a question to the posse in this thread. I think that I have already downloaded the arduino interface to my laptop but I can not find it. I'm running windows 7.
I have read a couple post about arduino and win7 but I cannot seem to pull it up and get started on my project grow.

Please help if you have input to help me.

Thanks, Kj..

Og,

The president of co2meter.com was researching Arduino, found this thread, and is following your posts. He says if there is anything he can do to help, give him a call.

Mark
CO2 Meter | Carbon Dioxide Meters, Sensors, Monitors, Data Loggers - Welcome

If you've got his ear, you might kindly suggest that he contact :420: about the possibility of becoming a sponsor here. Looks like he's got some products that a lot of users here would be interested in. It could turn out to be one of those mutually helpful things.

How's the duino crew ?

I have a question to the posse in this thread. I think that I have already downloaded the arduino interface to my laptop but I can not find it. I'm running windows 7.
I have read a couple post about arduino and win7 but I cannot seem to pull it up and get started on my project grow.

Please help if you have input to help me.

Thanks, Kj..

Should be in your Downloads folder. If not, download it again, but this time remember where you saved it.

Thanks prairie,

Once I download it says run or save, which do I do if I'm trying to get it on my laptop ?
I might have saved it to one of my flash drives... This is something I want to save to the computers hard drive correct ?
Kinda new to the whole thing of saving programs and installing them.

Thanks again for any help with windows 7.

It's on your computer if you can run it.....click on Start/personal folder/downloads to see the file. You will have to figure out what your preferences are and where you want to store it. You will have to get a system so you understand what you are doing and where you are keeping it. Having multiple copies will just confuse you down the road. Create a folder for arduino and put everything there, maybe on your desktop.

Whats up Duino Crew,

I have a Question OG or Prairie,

First of all Thankz OG for the help.. I had one of my comp wizman buddys install.. He put it on my desktop.
Do you still have the Lesson 2 Temp Sens c++ ? I have done all the Hardware, Now I need to tapp into software language the gud OG wrote.. Your responce was so swell to getting back Prairie already composed & running, I couldnt help but to ask you next if G couldnt get back..
Props,
Im just trying to catch up with you Katz in the Hobby which not only Cures my Illness but makes us Focused.. "GroW"...Cant wait to get a few ladyz of my personal Wizard Line I created with all tha accuracy via 4 Line LCD you suggested OG..
Were a step ahead of the crowd with this DIY discovery...

Im not with the over priced controllers out that everyone has seen.. You guyz keep dat $**T, when i can be in my man cave like a Madd Scientist Programmin my personal R3..YesSs..!!!

Help would be great, checked Github & 2 is not there.. I searched under OG13 Lesson 2 Tempature Sensor & nata.. I tryed to play Smart A$$ & Flashdrive all code,,, But fun starts @ Lesson 2.5!!!...$s$**T again...

KjZ..

alright found code under og13..

The problem is I copied and paste all 90 lines and message came back "varible or field 'print address' declaired void.. what am I doing wrong now ?

tired, going to sleep..

Kjz.

alright found code under og13..

The problem is I copied and paste all 90 lines and message came back "varible or field 'print address' declaired void.. what am I doing wrong now ?

tired, going to sleep..

Kjz.

You didn't get it pasted in correctly? Also, which version of the IDE are you using? I think OG's code is for the .22 not 1.0.

Otherwise you would need to show us the whole error message for us to be any help.

Great thread,

Just subscribed 420 today and this is the kind of info I'm interested in :thumb:

I've been busy for a while as well and besides Arduino I also use Bascom to program Atmels Atmega& Attinychips. Quite similar to Quick-basic and often compiling to smaller programs.

So far I've been logging temperature, humidity and soil-wetness to SD using RTC, DS18b20s, DHT11s and a cheap diy gypsum-resistance-sensor.
I'm busy building a capacitive soil-sensor though, encased in plastic it won't react with my soil.

A multi-micro-controller-setup is something I'd like, especially to assure ventilators will keep running, lights will be turned on/off on time etc etc, should another part of the system fail. A friend of mine made a such a mistake in another expensive hobby with living material. His controller got stuck in an unforeseen loop while feeding his fish and heating the aquarium.
When he came home the aquarium was filled with food for a month and fish were all swimming bellies up because of the heat.
I there for am in no hurry :;):

With all controllers in a small room I won't be using RF by the way, I'm currently working on an RS-485 network, much cheaper and has the possibility to install 32 standard and up to 256 controllers with 1/8 load chips.

For fun and since I'd like to place 'm on youtube I'm busy outdoors as well.
My garden has been ripped a few times and I'm currently hacking a key ring spycam to be operated by an attiny + a few PIR-sensors should these nice guys pay another visit in 6-8 months time.

With tons of leds from rejected PCBs of my previous job, electronics assembly, I also want to make some LED-panels, but I probably need a few "decades" to realize everything I'd like :drool:

Prairie,

Yes, I think I'm on 1.0
AhHH, that's probably why because I copied sketch exactly. What can I do now to get me board working too. Do I have to download another duino program. ??

Back
Top Bottom