Are my plants too big for my pots?

When I stuck one of my male plants outside in the ground,(for pollen)-the roots looked like that-I took a steak knife and literally ripped the $hit outa them to break up the rootball-the plant never even noticed-in fact it grew so fast it was 7" taller and ready to drop pollen in 8 days-I think it actually started doing better once the roots were tore up..
Don't worry @Pbass ,they'll thank you for it in the long run...

When I stuck one of my male plants outside in the ground,(for pollen)-the roots looked like that-I took a steak knife and literally ripped the $hit outa them to break up the rootball-the plant never even noticed-in fact it grew so fast it was 7" taller and ready to drop pollen in 8 days-I think it actually started doing better once the roots were tore up..
Don't worry @Pbass ,they'll thank you for it in the long run...

Thanks for the tip @carcass I may have been too gentle in breaking that mass up a bit, but I did try and separate it up some by hand. Maybe I ought to get my big serrated stabber and pull a psycho on her!!

I have the same question once again. It’s less than a week since the last transplant and these plants are growing like crazy! I have 4 weeks until moving them outside and feel like if they’re not ready for transplant now, that time isn’t far away...?
4C111665-A8D6-4727-BE36-DFF91D88A0A2.jpeg

I've grown 2 plants together in a 5 gallon bucket,and they were both happy
their whole lives in there,both grew to 2.5' tall-they stopped growing upward at that point,
due to being root bound,but it didn't slow bud production:

I think yours have a ways to go before they become rootbound in those buckets-but even if they do,
they'll resume upward & outward growth when you plant them in the ground.
So there's really no point in transplanting again-just leave them in what they're in till they go out to the garden bed.
That's my thoughts on the matter,anyway-they're your plants,so do whatever you're comfortable with-
They're looking pretty happy right now .:goodjob:

Bagseed#2-offspring from bagseed mom & dad ,so not available anywhere except at my house ;)

Hi all! I am on my very first grow and always concerned about my plants right now. I’m paranoid about them becoming root bound at the moment and an wondering if anyone think these will need transplanting soon.

53BC32A5-CDA4-4817-8CF3-443465533ECA.jpeg
42409382-9952-4CF3-9EFC-C80D69BC44B8.jpeg

They are White Widow going into the fifth week of veg, they’re waiting until May 24th to be planted in a garden bed.

TIA
I would wait another week, just to be sure. You don’t want them to get bound and stressed, which is visibly obvious. By the way the plants look, they are currently fine. Transplant soon though. As you have more grows, you will know exactly when to transplant to avoid stress.

Back
Top Bottom