atrain's going organic! prep and grow journal - empty compost bins to buds in a j

20150223_165650.jpg

Hello all...... this will eventually be my second journal, my first grow was in pre fertilized MG soil and using AN suppliments. I am currently on day 58 of that grow and actually have a monster auto growing but it has been chasing my tail with def lately and a lot of worry with the dosages and nute strentgh and many other things so after some research I have decided to go with an organic living soil for my next run...... as mentioned in the title of this thread im going to be documenting and asking for guidance and the peoples input throughout this entire process. This can be referred to as day one of prep since today I filled one of my compost bins as close to 30/1 as possible with green weeds with out seeds and a combo of a little tree bark and autumn leaves. The second will be filled soon using cow manure and leaves. Ill be tending to this and updating slowly at this point since there is not too much exciting about compost (except what comes out of it later). Tom ill be making my way to lowes to begin construction of my worm farm and ill update it later as well. Hope to be hearing from many of the guys who helped me on my first run and lets get through another togetjer as I have not even decided what seeds to go with this run so it should be fun later.

20150224_162420.jpg
20150224_162517.jpg
20150224_162455.jpg
20150224_162442.jpg
Well just got back from town and fixed a very simple little worm bin up I have plenty of time til planting so ill be harvesting and storing the vermicompost along the way....... if anyone has any tips on the better diets for the worms for better compost please chime in

I used 2 12gal totes and one lid. I drilled a shit load of 1/8inch holes in the lid and several in the recess in the bottom of the top bin for draining and saving the drainage for teas later. Then just added a few pieces of treated wood to the bottom bin for spacing and there you go........ just waiting til friday and ordering 1000 worms to pop in there

Ask a moderator to movie this thread into Journals in Progress, that way you're gonna maximize the exposure and bring more experienced growers to your scene, man! :lot-o-toke:

Back
Top Bottom