Atrain's Going Organic! - Prep & Grow Journal - Empty Compost Bins to Buds in a Jar

Re: Atrain's Going Organic! - Prep & Grow Journal - Empty Compost Bins to Buds in a J

IMG_70763.jpg

E The little wigglers came in today I was out of town so my wife prepped the container and laid them.to rest in their new home... hopefully ill start collecting vermicompost in a few months!!!

Re: Atrain's Going Organic! - Prep & Grow Journal - Empty Compost Bins to Buds in a J

1426064663698.jpg

Yummy yummy another week or two and she's cut to dry:cheer:
Hopefully all goes well with the soil man keep the worms pooping out the black gold ^_^

Yeah! Worms!!!

Here to learn. Good stuff already, thanks!

Living organic soil requires no nutes added at all. So simple to run. Although I regularly amend mine with teas and drenches, planning to continue as a no till, you could plant right into this soil and simply water your way to the best harvest of your growing career. I use a SWICK watering method that could be adapted with a deeper reservoir to accommodate traveling and being away from the garden. It doesn't get much easier.

Sue, excuse me but I've been trying to find more info on the swick method I've read you using. Will you point me to some info? Thank you!!

Sue, excuse me but I've been trying to find more info on the swick method I've read you using. Will you point me to some info? Thank you!!

My gold standard is on another site. If you google "Noobwannb's Self Wicking Smartpot ghetto setup" you'll be there. The first two pages are priceless. She taught me everything I know on SWICKs.

Surprisingly after a few seconds on Google and you're not the first one to want that shirt lmfao

Good God atrain! They're huge and sticky! Good for you. Good for your wife. :thumb:

Looks Great and Frosty to boot :thumb:

Awesome looking plant man I'm limited to using the sun so 40g on a "window sill" is good enough for me ^_^ Even more so since its one of the 20% of the red poisons that dont turn red ^_^

They grow up so fast 5 weeks old and 50cm tall she's flowering now so hopefully she slows down.

1426843737364.jpg

And the not red, red poison.

1426843794048.jpg
1426843759517.jpg

20150323_172510.jpg
20150323_172430.jpg
20150323_172423.jpg
20150323_143630.jpg

E
Well the worm bin is going well... they are eating and pooping just like they are supposed to. They did however have to be moved out back due to a few escapees and the wife tripping out. The bin does however have a few more bugs in it (pictured in the top photo) I have no idea what they are if anyone else does please let me know.... I dont know if they are harmful but if not the more the better I guess lol.

Also after checking on the compost today and turning it over I find its still not heating up... I started it with 30:1 green yard weeds to autumn leaves but it doesnt seem to be where it needs to yet so I am going to add more autumn leaves along with a 5 gal bucket of fresh cow manure and give it a good stir and see where she goes from there..... stay tuned guys and all input is welcome and appreciated

If you can get horse manure add to pile, it's near enough to 30:1 so you can just add that to pile, and it should get thermo. Smaller piles are hard to "heat up" also, is yours small?

Back
Top Bottom