Atrain's Going Organic! - Prep & Grow Journal - Empty Compost Bins to Buds in a Jar

20150223_165650.jpg

Hello all...... this will eventually be my second journal, my first grow was in pre fertilized MG soil and using AN suppliments. I am currently on day 58 of that grow and actually have a monster auto growing but it has been chasing my tail with def lately and a lot of worry with the dosages and nute strentgh and many other things so after some research I have decided to go with an organic living soil for my next run...... as mentioned in the title of this thread im going to be documenting and asking for guidance and the peoples input throughout this entire process. This can be referred to as day one of prep since today I filled one of my compost bins as close to 30/1 as possible with green weeds with out seeds and a combo of a little tree bark and autumn leaves. The second will be filled soon using cow manure and leaves. Ill be tending to this and updating slowly at this point since there is not too much exciting about compost (except what comes out of it later). Tom ill be making my way to lowes to begin construction of my worm farm and ill update it later as well. Hope to be hearing from many of the guys who helped me on my first run and lets get through another togetjer as I have not even decided what seeds to go with this run so it should be fun later.

Re: Atrain's Going Organic! - Prep & Grow Journal - Empty Compost Bins to Buds in a J

20150224_162517.jpg
20150224_162455.jpg
20150224_162442.jpg
20150224_162420.jpg
Well just got back from town and fixed a very simple little worm bin up I have plenty of time til planting so ill be harvesting and storing the vermicompost along the way....... if anyone has any tips on the better diets for the worms for better compost please chime in

I used 2 12gal totes and one lid. I drilled a shit load of 1/8inch holes in the lid and several in the recess in the bottom of the top bin for draining and saving the drainage for teas later. Then just added a few pieces of treated wood to the bottom bin for spacing and there you go........ just waiting til friday and ordering 1000 worms to pop in there

Re: Atrain's Going Organic! - Prep & Grow Journal - Empty Compost Bins to Buds in a J

After checking on your monster, I def need to sub up and watch this one from the beginning. I'd really like to give the "living organic soil" a shot on my next grow...but between work, family and being sort of lazy, I just don't know if I could bring myself to do that much work. lol

Maybe after watching this for a bit I'll change my mind. Best of luck! :thumb:

subbed

Good to have you hog all input will be welcome.... I won a few seeds on another site with the white cheese grow in the months to come when they arrive ill be putting up a poll of the strains that come in and well let the people have a vote on wich ones we pop in the soil im cultivating now.

Yeah man i can relate with using a rich soil/ time release soil I'm currently doing two plants one is in a 25l pot its an autoflower red poison that isn't turning red just my luck. The second is a strike auto by queens seeds it was free in a smaller pot. What happened to me was when both first started the first two leaves that came up had a kind of wave in them. Then after that i think because i gave a little to much water one the nuts from the soil gallery it a tiny bit of nitrogen toxicity just a tiny but now it seems to going fine... I would like to add some kinda nutes but I'm nervous as shit about adding to much and not being able to flush because of the time release nutes that are already in the soil. I know better for next time tho. Going to use biobizz soil and i think I'm going to try bio tabs on the next one seeing as i dont really have time to add nutes each week as i travel around and have auto watering.

After checking on your monster, I def need to sub up and watch this one from the beginning. I'd really like to give the "living organic soil" a shot on my next grow...but between work, family and being sort of lazy, I just don't know if I could bring myself to do that much work. lol

Maybe after watching this for a bit I'll change my mind. Best of luck! :thumb:

It's only work in the beginning BubbaHoTep, and fun work at that. After you plant it's so easy you won't believe it. With atrain's proven affinity for great lighting I expect he'll do amazingly well.

It's only work in the beginning BubbaHoTep, and fun work at that. After you plant it's so easy you won't believe it. With atrain's proven affinity for great lighting I expect he'll do amazingly well.

Diddo. Gonna level his other work.

Yeah man i can relate with using a rich soil/ time release soil I'm currently doing two plants one is in a 25l pot its an autoflower red poison that isn't turning red just my luck. The second is a strike auto by queens seeds it was free in a smaller pot. What happened to me was when both first started the first two leaves that came up had a kind of wave in them. Then after that i think because i gave a little to much water one the nuts from the soil gallery it a tiny bit of nitrogen toxicity just a tiny but now it seems to going fine... I would like to add some kinda nutes but I'm nervous as shit about adding to much and not being able to flush because of the time release nutes that are already in the soil. I know better for next time tho. Going to use biobizz soil and i think I'm going to try bio tabs on the next one seeing as i dont really have time to add nutes each week as i travel around and have auto watering.

Living organic soil requires no nutes added at all. So simple to run. Although I regularly amend mine with teas and drenches, planning to continue as a no till, you could plant right into this soil and simply water your way to the best harvest of your growing career. I use a SWICK watering method that could be adapted with a deeper reservoir to accommodate traveling and being away from the garden. It doesn't get much easier.

This bio tabs seems to be all natural and you just place a few under the soil maybe 5cm when mixing up the soil they seem ok as i said i don't really have all that much time or really space wise to make my own soil. I did last year using my own compost pile and some horse Shi that i got from the neighbor but I've moved since then and am in town now. On a better not my red poison is starting to get "red veins" running up her stem and i noticed that she starting to get it around her big fan leaves as well.:high-five:

A pic says a thousand words so here's 3,000 :volcano-smiley: The little one smells more then the big one. There's a pic of the red that's started on the stem. It's not because of temp either as it's a constant 22* in my living room.

1425458737392.jpg
1425458758731.jpg
1425458870899.jpg

Well I flipped my compost bin today.. no much doing as far as heat yet but is is still freezing temps at night so I didnt expect a lot getting started but the insects and little ant colonies are already moving in so it teaming with life already hopefully the microbes, bacteria, and fungi will get to work in the spring.

Have you tried throwing in cardboard boxes the non waxed or laminated ones like from cereal boxes or snacks. I found it helped for keeping in moisture when i was doing a little earthworm farm for fishing.

Back
Top Bottom