AussieBlue's Perpetual Grow Journal: Next Generation

Been wondering today if i would actually notice any difference if i had one 400w light on a light mover/rail. Would only have to travel 3ft from side to side. Or even a 600w HPS. Would be great to do a comparison. Maybe once i get things stable i may try it out. When you think about it plants probably wouldnt be synthesising all the light as quick as it hits them anyway. They like the intensity of light but if it faded in and out it would probably be enough. Got me thinking as the hydro store i visit had a 8x4 with a single 355 cmh and the tomatoes in there are brilliant, heathier and loaded with more fruit than when he had the static light in a 4x4 footer. Just thinking...

Yeah time proven winners. Lots of companies have taken home cups with sensi star. And critical is a tough yeilder too. Ill run this one and find out. Only got the one seed, but very uniform anyway from what i have read and seen.

It'd be critical+.. I've read and from memory, it came about from shanti giving out 3p of critical mass seeds at a spannabis... bud looks like it would have smoked well..

3x2? Light mover would work well with 400.. only need to move 1-1.5 feet over the day

Im about 7x2ft in the cupboard Grizz. Light mover im looking at will do 4ft and back per minute. One light and ill get my heat down, cut chance of burn and probably better petentration. Was just thinking a 600w may chunk stuff up a bit. Will save a bit on power too that never hurts. Do you think i could get the job done as well with just one 400w? Possibly.

It'd be critical+.. I've read and from memory, it came about from shanti giving out 3p of critical mass seeds at a spannabis... bud looks like it would have smoked well..

Yeah critical+. These days the names are pretty interchangable. It all seems to be the critical mass/+ genetics...

I look at critical as being a much much better but similar donor to big bud. Big bud is too leafy. The critical seems to have some mass but much better leaf/bud ratio. Meant to be good smoke in its own right too. Never tried it yet personally.

Critical Skunk is my favourite smoke.. critical mass came from a selection of nevils old seeds, yes big bud but better... I'd drop the story for you but I'd have to find it and that'd take time and effort :rofl: too much medicine,man :rofl:

Im about 7x2ft in the cupboard Grizz. Light mover im looking at will do 4ft and back per minute. One light and ill get my heat down, cut chance of burn and probably better petentration. Was just thinking a 600w may chunk stuff up a bit. Will save a bit on power too that never hurts. Do you think i could get the job done as well with just one 400w? Possibly.

Sorry totally miscalculated that. Moves slower. Think its more like 8mins for 4ft and back. My bad. It did seem quick.

Critical Skunk is my favourite smoke.. critical mass came from a selection of nevils old seeds, yes big bud but better... I'd drop the story for you but I'd have to find it and that'd take time and effort :rofl: too much medicine,man :rofl:

All good, ive read some history on it but its in my muddled mind too. Yeah i liked the look of tour critical skunk, just another inspiration to give it a run. Sounds like the man has good medicine. Nice.

Thanks. I just ordered this one. Seems to have parts available if needed. And cheapest here. Bit pricy but when i consider the dollar amount of seeds i have in my stash, its a bargain. Lol. $230 AUD delivered. And here by next week. Already put some feelers out to sell my 2 400w kits so i xan get a 600w. May go digital ballast if the price is right.
420-magazine-mobile1423458481.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1762184587.jpg

Just had a bad realization that the reflector needs to clear the exhaust ducting. Doh. Another challenge. May have to sink the ducting into the plaster wall. Why isnt anything ever easy. Will do some measurements in the morning. Maybe cut the flaps off the reflector? There is always a way.

How do you plan to use it? My thoughts (not telling you how to use, as I haven't) thinking about it now, for your area 600w on a 1-1 scale.. so if need it to move 2'6" for the day, speed of 2.6"hour.. plants will follow the light like the sun. Thinking 400 would have to move to far to be effective. pity area not wider, could have another 1-2' width with 600... just thoughts..

Back
Top Bottom