Auto not showing signs of flowering at day 52

NorthernCosmos

I have an OG Kush auto, planted 52 days ago (50 days above soil now) which isn't showing any signs of flowering - never had one go that long without seeing plenty of pistils.

Other seeds from the very same pack has given females flowering at normal times. It looks right with the Indica shape leaves. There are no make parts. The plant looks healthy.

What's might be going on here?
What is the longest you've waited before seeing pistils on an auto?

I guess it could be a photo, but as mentioned, the same seed pack produced auto fems. If it is a photo, I don't know quite know what to do - I don't a have any light proof flowering facilities, and in the tent there are other autos that'll need more than 12 hours of light. In other words, a normal photo flip and flowering at 12/12 is not something I can easily set up for it.

Oh, what to do? o_O

1610644826283.jpeg

Day_52_Olga_B.JPG

Oh no it looks like another not an auto-auto. Been a few of those around recently. How many other plants have you got going and how old are they? Guessing focusing on just growing this one isn't an option? @Grand Daddy Black and @Carcass How long did you wait before giving up on your not autos starting to flower on their own?

Seen this before it’s called a photo auto that’s on its period.... ha ha! It doesn’t know which way to go but it’s hormonal AF!!!

Could be crossed up seed order as you mention but also VG had one that didn’t start until like day 56. I’m gonna shout at @Virgin Ground for confirmation on that timeline I guessed at remembering. We had one on the faq boards but never heard back from the user if it started making pistils voluntarily or if he finally gave in and flipped to trigger.

Yeah, I waited 44 days before declaring my Super Silver Haze "auto" a photo, but fortunately, I've grown photos in "the box" before, so it's already light proofed...
Could you just pull that one out of the tent and stick it in a dark closet for 12 hours a day?
Pain in the ass, and far from the ideal situation, but it would work, as long as you keep it up for the duration...

Mine was a late bloomer.
I'd let it go for another week. I transplanted twice. I think that she could have gone over 60 days if I wouldn't have slowed her down. Who really knows though.
Any preflowers on her stalks yet?

Was gonna say about the same thing as Carcass. Stick it in a closet?

How many other plants have you got going and how old are they? Guessing focusing on just growing this one isn't an option?

There are two small ones, almost a month old CBD 20:1 and a Banana Monkey, then there's a two month 56 days old BCN Critical XXL with plenty flowers. I don't want to sacrifice any of those.

Seen this before it’s called a photo auto that’s on its period.... ha ha! It doesn’t know which way to go but it’s hormonal AF!!!

Yeah... I'm wondering if a hormonally confused plant can be triggered to flower with 12/12, and then go on to live in longer 18/6 days? Probably not..

I'd let it go for another week.

Yes, I'll not do anything quite yet - I mean, if it's a photo it gets nicely vegged, if it's an auto it may do its thing before I do something not so smart...

Any preflowers on her stalks yet?
Do you mean those little threads on the nodes? If so, yes - I see those, but none that has formed buds.

As for the closet things - well, it could work. The candidate closet doesn't have any active ventilation, but I suppose the plant would survive that. Right now, there's 6 hours of dark during actual daytime in the tent, so I'd have to turn that around so that the dark period is in the actual night time to be confident about no daylight pollution. That would take a week or so. Better decide what to do soon then :hmmmm:

Edit: This just reminded me of the reason for having the tent dark during night time, and that's temperature management. In the summer I don't get as high/long heat peak in the day, and in the winter it doesn't get too cold at night with lights blazing. That means that I don't think I should turn around the light on hours in the tent. Oh well, need another plan then.

My understanding is once buds are fully set you can go above 12 hours of light and still not trigger reveg, but that’s like 13 on 11 off or bump to 14 on 10 off but I don’t know if you could jump all the way out to 18/6 tho without adverse effects..... maybe if you crept to 18/6 gradually.

not sure how big your total setup is but this sounds like a 2nd tent opportunity!!!

not sure how big your total setup is but this sounds like a 2nd tent opportunity!!!
It sure does! I And that's exactly my long term plan: current 2x4 tent for overlapping autos and vegging, then investing in a 2x2 for flowering single photos. Would ideally do it now, but there's no budget for it.

Yeah, I waited 44 days before declaring my Super Silver Haze "auto" a photo, but fortunately, I've grown photos in "the box" before, so it's already light proofed...
Could you just pull that one out of the tent and stick it in a dark closet for 12 hours a day?
Pain in the ass, and far from the ideal situation, but it would work, as long as you keep it up for the duration...
That's what she said :rofl: :rofl:
Why even grow an auto?
What is the point?

Is it better? Easier? Cheaper? More potent?

Why not grow Cannabis?

Why even grow an auto? Don't have to worry about light leaks and they're great for noobs
What is the point? To get high

Is it better? Easier? Cheaper? More potent? Refer to first answer

Why not grow Cannabis? An auto is cannabis :hmmmm: sounds like someone needs a Snickers Bar :rofl:

It's a week later now, at day 58, and still no sign of flowers. Not a chance then - this is definitely a photo, right?

The plant is developing so nicely - no way I'll be able to trow it away. The closet is ready, but I don't think I can guarantee a daily move between the dark closet and the daytime in the tent since I'll be away for a day or two a few times during the couple of month it would need to complete a flowering.

If light leakage wasn't as critical as I have come to believe it is (a few photons from a LED or a pinhole and is bye-bye), I could arrange something with an old 75W blurple UFO for those days I'm away. Still thinking about this one. It would be so cool to successfully flower this girl!

Funny though - of the OG Kush seeds from the same package, two would not germinate, the third produced a nice big plant with delicious buds and a total of five well formed seeds(!) and the fourth is a photo(?) with a lot of 11-fingered leaves (I don't think the previous OGK had that). Is this what you'd call an unstable strain then?

1611143440485.jpeg

@Virgin Ground : Here are what the pre flowers on the stems look like:

Day_52_Olga_2.JPG

It's a week later now, at day 58, and still no sign of flowers. Not a chance then - this is definitely a photo, right?

The plant is developing so nicely - no way I'll be able to trow it away. The closet is ready, but I don't think I can guarantee a daily move between the dark closet and the daytime in the tent since I'll be away for a day or two a few times during the couple of month it would need to complete a flowering.

If light leakage wasn't as critical as I have come to believe it is (a few photons from a LED or a pinhole and is bye-bye), I could arrange something with an old 75W blurple UFO for those days I'm away. Still thinking about this one. It would be so cool to successfully flower this girl!

Funny though - of the OG Kush seeds from the same package, two would not germinate, the third produced a nice big plant with delicious buds and a total of five well formed seeds(!) and the fourth is a photo(?) with a lot of 11-fingered leaves (I don't think the previous OGK had that). Is this what you'd call an unstable strain then?

1611143440485.jpeg
At this point i would be assuming it's a photo.

@Virgin Ground : Here are what the pre flowers on the stems look like:

Day_52_Olga_2.JPG
I'm pretty sure those are just to tell you that she is ready to flower - but won't until it's induced.

Alright... in the closet it went!

Some branches were starting to droop, as in they couldn't carry their own weight. I haven't seen this before. Is it simply loss of hydrostatic pressure?

Anyway, I made a circular tie around the plant to support the branches, gave it some food & water and stuffed it in the closet. Now we'll see....

I'm continuing this in my journal.

Back
Top Bottom