Autoflower Pests First Grow - Help Please

TheHillbilly

Hey all, I am a noob to this site and in the middle of my first grow. I am growing a blueberry domina auto-feminized from Ministry of Cannabis. It is day 24 and my plant is looking rough. I found some microscopic white bugs on the leaves (does not appear to be any type of mites - i read tons of forums and can't find this specific bug - which is too small for photos).
I sprayed the plant with Garden Safe Insect Killer just 1 time to kill the pests. That was 1 week before this picture. Since then the colas have looked very yellow and the pests have not stopped eating the leaves and the plant hasn't really been growing. I have a 2 day old Bubblegum Auto in the same tent and I am worried the pests will spread.

Does the plant look that bad?

Should I cut my losses and toss the Blueberry Domina so the pests don't spread to the bubblegum auto?

Am I overreacting because I am a noob?

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Here is the set up:

Indoor - 2'X2'X4' grow tent
2 X 300W full spectrum LED lights (24" from plants)
3 gallon fabric Smart Pots
Kind soil for bottom half / and Organic Pro-Mix ultimate on top half
Temp ~80 degrees / 50-60% Relative Humidity
Bottled/Brita filtered water
No supplemental compounds or nutrients

I started LST on the main COLA a few days back.

Still can't kick the bugs eating the leaves - in fact I can't even find them now. They are still there because I find more leaf damage everyday. However, I think the yellow colas and the growth halt were due to plant entering pre flower. Today I noticed a lot of additional pistils coming from the 11 colas (I used LST to bend the main cola down - exposing a lot more colas to the light). I am going to try to spray a mild garlic/mineral oil/dish soap/water mixture I found on another blog. Hoping I can get rid of the pests before they migrate to my Bubblegum auto.

Wish me luck ya'll.:thumb:

HI
first of all :welcome: to the mag.
Slapped you with some reps+ (see bar over your avatar) for making a good post with pictures and info :)
In the picture where you hold the leaf, could be a damage from an eating bug but also your hands from previous handling.
Pest spray, chemical ones you need to use as instructed (once a week or what ever bottle say)
The muerte spray you talk about ( I use it too) you can use more often.
What is the damage you see now? (100% sure it is new and not an old ..that you didn't notice before? )
You know you need to pull plants out and clean tent too right?
Good luck with your grow
They look happy and healthy otherwise :goodjob:

Thanks a ton AngryBird. I did not know that I needed to clean the tent - I will get on that! The damage could be old damage - or from me - I am using LST and the "leaf tuck" grow methods and I have been a bit rough when handling this little lady. I dropped the temperature down to about 75 as well. Thanks for setting my mind at ease about the health of the plant. :high-five:

AngryBird:

I found a leaphopper on my 9 day old bubblegum auto. I sprayed the hell out of it (and both plants) with the garlic/mineral oil/soap/water spray. Will that spray eradicate leafhoppers? You can see in the picture where the spawn of Satan was sucking the life from my little girl...

DSC040075.JPG

Unfortunately I have noticed that the garlic spray kills the adult, and not the eggs.
I ordered some Diatomaceous Earth (food grade) which is organic and harmless to both plants and rest of household.

The bugs were driving me crazy and I was tired of hunting them daily.

Well, the Leafhoppers have given my 10 day old Bubblegum Auto a real beat-down in the last 2 days. This is an indoor grow and somehow these little devils got into my grow tent and they are causing significant damage to my seedling. Last night I sprayed an adult leafhopper and the plants down with the garlic/mineral oil/soap/water spray and that didn't do anything. There was twice as much damage this morning when I checked. So today I sprayed it with Garden Safe Insecticidal Soap and I am praying it work because this little girl can't take much more before she croaks. I have only found two adult leafhoppers in the tent -one brown and one green. This sucks donkey balls because I was stoked about this bubblegum plant!!

DSC040094.JPG
DSC040114.JPG
DSC040104.JPG
LEAFHOPPER.PNG

Well - the Bubblegum Auto bit the dust - may she rest in peace. My Auto Blueberry Domina is 37 days from seed (second week of flowering) and looking like she recovered well from whatever pests she had. :thumb:

DAY_37_PLANT_TOP.JPG
DAY_37_PLANT_SIDE.JPG
DAY_37_BUD3.JPG
DAY_37_BUD2.JPG

So I am about 3 weeks from harvest and I am trying to figure out the best way to harvest my buds. I have 8-10 decent buds growing on the top of the plant and 4-5 smaller buds (that are tops) under the dense foliage. Right now I am thinking I will harvest the bigger buds first and give the smaller buds a few weeks to develop before I harvest them.

What are your thoughts on a staged harvest for autos - or do I need to harvest them all at the same time?

Additional grow pics. Day 48 -I trimmed some of the fan leaves on the top to expose the buds that were below the canopy...

ABD_DAY_48_-_4.JPG

ABD_DAY_48.JPG

ABD_DAY_48_-_3.JPG

ABD_DAY_48_-2.JPG

I Am new at growing to I am also growing 5 blueberry domina they are 7 days from seed now and one purple haze please stop by my journal and tell me if they look like they are doing ok thanks

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

hi Hillbilly
I have tried the , harvest in sequels on my bag seed lady. We cut of the smaller bottom buds and the ones being mature and it is still alive, so you can safely do that.:Namaste:

Sweet - good to know for this Blue Mystic Auto Grow

Unfortunately, I had to harvest this one 2 weeks early so the yield and potency was cut short.

Thanks for the heads up... :thumb:

Still can't kick the bugs eating the leaves - in fact I can't even find them now. They are still there because I find more leaf damage everyday. However, I think the yellow colas and the growth halt were due to plant entering pre flower. Today I noticed a lot of additional pistils coming from the 11 colas (I used LST to bend the main cola down - exposing a lot more colas to the light). I am going to try to spray a mild garlic/mineral oil/dish soap/water mixture I found on another blog. Hoping I can get rid of the pests before they migrate to my Bubblegum auto.

Wish me luck ya'll.:thumb:

Can you tell me that spray man cause I got sum little white honkies eating at my girls too

Sent from my Z963VL using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey Chase. Check out this site = Natural Garden Pest Control or you can check out this one = HOMEMADE BUG SPRAY FOR THRIPS, SPIDER MITES AND APHIDS. There are some good recipes for common marijuana pests. I only had to spray a few times and it killed all the little white aphids that were on my plant.

Anyway, bro - mix one of those shits together and give the ladies a shower. Make sure you get the backside of the leaves too man. Should be good. :thumb:

Since I belive link is not something you may post (see forum posting rules)
I post it here, since i have it in my blog too:
[FONT=&amp]2-3 Garlic Cloves[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]6 large or 12 Small Hot Chili Peppers (or 1-2 Tbs hot chili powder) [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]1 Tbs Vegetable Oil ( Here I use my Eucalyptus Oil I made)[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]1 Tsp Natural Liquid Detergent or Soap[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]4 cups Water[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]3-4 cups for Dilution

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Ingredients in the blender.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Strain the mixture through a cloth.[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom