Automated humidity Inkbird IHC200

Be careful with the @MedicGrow Fold at 100% in a 4x4, it does get very hot.
I think it was design for a 5x5 tent. I could be wrong; I believe they only recommend 80% for a 4x4.

80% does make it a little easier to control the heat in a tent, and still have a decent PAR.
Are you using 6" inch ventilation to extract the heat?

I was wondering about the 100% setting and heat/par in my 4x4, im gonna back it off to 80%. I can adjust height, thanx for the concern regarding this.

I use (2) ac infinity 4T/4”, one input, one output. The Fold-8 on 100% really changed the environment.

Hiya 70's
I use the inkbird humidity controller.
It's a reliable bit of kit.
Just need to have the right size equipment plugged into it to be efficient.
I've only got small tents but had to buy a bigger dehumidifier than I'd originally purchased because it wasn't big enough.
I have the heating one also and that's lasted me 9 years constant use.

The cons.
The mains lead is short and the sensor lead is quite short also. As the control unit lights up you want that outside the tent, so then you only have a short distance to extend the sensor. 1.5 meters iirc. Just about ok for me in a small tent.

As reliable as they are, they're old tech.
They do a modern WiFi version that links to an app on your phone, that's only a couple $ more.

They have a 2kw load capacity..again plenty for me .

I'm using both the temp and RH WIFI controls and love them. I have 2 exhaust fans one for heat and one for RH.
I adjust from my bed in the morn and evening according to leaf temp.
With my lights on 100% my leaf temp is 86F. 60,80F,80F with them off.

I'm using both the temp and RH WIFI controls and love them. I have 2 exhaust fans one for heat and one for RH.
I adjust from my bed in the morn and evening according to leaf temp.
With my lights on 100% my leaf temp is 86F. 60,80F,80F with them off.
Love that chart ! Thank you

I purchased a Vivosun dehumidifier and after a 12hr shift it produced a shot glass of water, unacceptable.
I gotta go bigger, but its only a 4x4, any thoughts, hopefully one you use so i can ask questions
This is the same situation I found myself in and I'm only in a 80cm×80cm tent.
It will take a large dehumidifier to affect a 4'×4' space.

The problem arises from the appliance descriptions. When they say 3litre capacity that's how much water the storage tank holds, not how much water it takes out of the air.
In the small print it will then tell you the appliance is only capable of actually extracting 0.5 litres from the air in 24hrs...useless.

P
This is the same situation I found myself in and I'm only in a 80cm×80cm tent.
It will take a large dehumidifier to affect a 4'×4' space.

The problem arises from the appliance descriptions. When they say 3litre capacity that's how much water the storage tank holds, not how much water it takes out of the air.
In the small print it will then tell you the appliance is only capable of actually extracting 0.5 litres from the air in 24hrs...useless.
right! Since nite time is when i need the drop, i may try a little heat, it drops from daytime 78° to 68° nitetime, maybe 10 degrees of heat would drop it, instead of another dehumidifier, idk…..

P

right! Since nite time is when i need the drop, i may try a little heat, it drops from daytime 78° to 68° nitetime, maybe 10 degrees of heat would drop it, instead of another dehumidifier, idk…..
That will work.
I tend to raise the extraction fan at lights off if the humidity rises. But that's no help if it drops the temp to low.
You can end up chasing your tail trying for ideal..
I live by the sea so it can go grazy high/low through the day....I go for acceptable rather than ideal sometimes.

I just watched the setup video on utube for the inkbird, i took some notes, helps me remember, im still looking for a small powerful dehumidifier, i really think adjusting the tent with heat can serve humidity as well. I was looking at a Vornado MVH
Adjusting heat defo works mate. Once i installed my inkbird it worked a treat for me.

Back
Top Bottom