Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

You got a picture of this new fangled ultra sonic water cleaner for trim blades? Or a link? This is gotta see.

Same I ordered, paid about half that. The link is the delivered price to the MacDonald's on North Cicero Avenue, Chicago, IL - my first Amazon address back in 2009.

Yeah - long story!

Dump your trim blades in there (or dentures, engine bits, dirty coins whatever) and in two weeks you'd have a diamond in ten minutes it comes out clean.

Nick

Here’s a much better view of the Skywalker organic in the California Super Soil/FFOF. This is a 3-gallon pot. Pretty damn big auto for a 3. She is oh so stinky. I had to take her out and give her some support, and clean her up for her final trip around the sun. Lol.

IMG_5639.jpeg

IMG_5640.jpeg

IMG_5641.jpeg

IMG_5642.jpeg

Same I ordered, paid about half that. The link is the delivered price to the MacDonald's on North Cicero Avenue, Chicago, IL - my first Amazon address back in 2009.

Yeah - long story!

Dump your trim blades in there (or dentures, engine bits, dirty coins whatever) and in two weeks you'd have a diamond in ten minutes it comes out clean.

Nick
What? North Cicero Ave? What’s this about my home town? I’m very familiar with the area even though it’s on the hated Northside I would love to hear the explanation. CL🍀

What? North Cicero Ave? What’s this about my home town? I’m very familiar with the area even though it’s on the hated Northside I would love to hear the explanation. CL🍀
Hey CL, you remember the Phillies Cubs at Wrigley back in Mike Schmidt days when they played a game where it was like 24-22 Phillies?

Hey CL, you remember the Phillies Cubs at Wrigley back in Mike Schmidt days when they played a game where it was like 24-22 Phillies?
The most home runs in MLB history. The Cubs won 26-23. Sometimes @ Wrigley Field when the wind is blowing out strong little league teams could hit home runs. lol 😂 CL🍀

Back in 2009 Amazon Kindles were only available in the US. My Dad ordered a couple and had them delivered to some law firm he was visiting in Chicago. A month or so later I met him in Cairo (Egypt!) and he gave them to me, one for me one for my then girlfriend. Buying books was still an issue, I found that if I put the delivery address as a US one I could use my Hong Kong credit card to buy Amazon vouchers and in turn use them to buy books. I chose Chicago just because the Kindle was delivered there. In the unlikely event someone looked into it then it would “smell right” So I googled Macdonalds Chicago and that one popped up. 3560 North Cicero Avenue, 60641.

1713935144603.png

I sometimes wonder if they have occasionally got random stuff delivered there and to start with they were like "Who the hell is this Nick Hardy guy?!" Open the envelope and idk some Amazon vouchers or whatever pops out. I've owned a lot of Kindles, 40 plus now. They used to break really easy and they'd send out me new ones for free. I have 2000+ books in my library now.

You know my name, if you're up that way demand to see the manager and say you're representing me and "Nick Hardy wants his stuff!" I doubt there was anything but you never know! You can always get a Big Mac while you're there...

My Dad nearly took a job in Chicago back in about 1991, him and my Mum still go regularly. Love the city, especially the art scene. Then we nearly moved to Wilmington, Delaware in '92. I think with four kids (I'm the oldest) it would have been a big deal but ultimately probably my Mum didn't want to move, her Mum was still around then and all her mates were back home. My Dad basically commuted to the US for large periods of time from mid 80's to oh like mid 2000's? But especially 1984-1998. He's go to NY for a day sometimes. Concorde in the morning, overnight 747 to London that evening and straight back to the office.

So yeah I could have been a neighbour of your or Jon's!

IMG_0404.jpeg
IMG_0405.jpeg

Happily for & Co they’ll finish today. Only started about 3 hours ago. Fluffy and airy too. Not as much as 600g there. Lucky to hit a pound.

Sigh.

They’ve trimmed in the dry room so probably don’t need an extra day or so drying. Maybe weights later today.

How we gonna do it?

I was planning on sending to @InTheShed if he’s still interested in being Judge, Jury and Executioner?

Nick

Back in 2009 Amazon Kindles were only available in the US. My Dad ordered a couple and had them delivered to some law firm he was visiting in Chicago. A month or so later I met him in Cairo (Egypt!) and he gave them to me, one for me one for my then girlfriend. Buying books was still an issue, I found that if I put the delivery address as a US one I could use my Hong Kong credit card to buy Amazon vouchers and in turn use them to buy books. I chose Chicago just because the Kindle was delivered there. In the unlikely event someone looked into it then it would “smell right” So I googled Macdonalds Chicago and that one popped up. 3560 North Cicero Avenue, 60641.

1713935144603.png

I sometimes wonder if they have occasionally got random stuff delivered there and to start with they were like "Who the hell is this Nick Hardy guy?!" Open the envelope and idk some Amazon vouchers or whatever pops out. I've owned a lot of Kindles, 40 plus now. They used to break really easy and they'd send out me new ones for free. I have 2000+ books in my library now.

You know my name, if you're up that way demand to see the manager and say you're representing me and "Nick Hardy wants his stuff!" I doubt there was anything but you never know! You can always get a Big Mac while you're there...

My Dad nearly took a job in Chicago back in about 1991, him and my Mum still go regularly. Love the city, especially the art scene. Then we nearly moved to Wilmington, Delaware in '92. I think with four kids (I'm the oldest) it would have been a big deal but ultimately probably my Mum didn't want to move, her Mum was still around then and all her mates were back home. My Dad basically commuted to the US for large periods of time from mid 80's to oh like mid 2000's? But especially 1984-1998. He's go to NY for a day sometimes. Concorde in the morning, overnight 747 to London that evening and straight back to the office.

So yeah I could have been a neighbour of your or Jon's!
That’s pretty cool but I knew there had to be an interesting story behind it. The Art Institute was always a favorite field trip when I was a kid. The movie Ferris Bueler has a great moment in it. Actually that movie is a John Hughes love story of his hometown. Great movie 🎥. I used to devour books 📖 when I was incarcerated. That’s all you can do to escape being locked up n pass the time. Played a lot of chess too. If you ever get a chance you should check out Chicago it’s a beautiful city with great restaurants, museums, sports teams and the architecture is world class. Just be sure you visit it in the Spring or Summer. lol CL🍀

Early on in this journal there was a lot of talk about PPFD and max levels, Bugbee and Shane from MiGro lighting were mentioned. I said Yada yada - Bugbee's changed.

He has but this video was made subsequent to those conversations we had here.

Its a great video, basically Bugbee outlines what we strive for when we grow, it covers PPFD, DLI Co2, UVC and even side lighting gets a mention. Its like they were reading this journal! I feel a bit bad for Shane because his lights are not hitting much above 1000 PPFD that I've seen. He is much more 4x4 and below sized. The light meter stuff is for only the truly dedicated!

But yeah 100 DLI and 2200 PPFD and they still love it - albeit you must have Co2. Its a great watch, Bugbee looks thoroughly unprepared for the chat but he's got the skills to pull it out the depths of memory.

Really recommend it.

That’s pretty cool but I knew there had to be an interesting story behind it. The Art Institute was always a favorite field trip when I was a kid. The movie Ferris Bueler has a great moment in it. Actually that movie is a John Hughes love story of his hometown. Great movie 🎥. I used to devour books 📖 when I was incarcerated. That’s all you can do to escape being locked up n pass the time. Played a lot of chess too. If you ever get a chance you should check out Chicago it’s a beautiful city with great restaurants, museums, sports teams and the architecture is world class. Just be sure you visit it in the Spring or Summer. lol CL🍀
For a while I thought I was gonna be living the dream in the burbs, a cross between Ferris's house and the one out of national Lampoons Christmas Vacation!

IMG_0404.jpeg
IMG_0405.jpeg

Happily for & Co they’ll finish today. Only started about 3 hours ago. Fluffy and airy too. Not as much as 600g there. Lucky to hit a pound.

Sigh.

They’ve trimmed in the dry room so probably don’t need an extra day or so drying. Maybe weights later today.

How we gonna do it?

I was planning on sending to @InTheShed if he’s still interested in being Judge, Jury and Executioner?

Nick
Just weigh it and picture it. Zero the scale first. Post weights. We have no trust issues here.

Gorilla Cookies
Coco/hydro/Cyco
Harvest????

Ok guys, do I take her? The buds are closed and dense as lead. She ain’t getting any fatter or sprouting any more new growth. As you can see from the trichs, there’s a decent bit of amber creeping in. Yes there are still some unfilled trichs, but for the most part they’re white. If I wait on every single trich to get white at this point I fear I’ll have way too much amber for me.

Here’s the pics. Would you guys take her?

2024-04-24-05-09-36-804.jpeg

2024-04-24-05-08-20-803.jpeg

IMG_5649.jpeg

IMG_5650.jpeg

IMG_5651.jpeg

Gorilla Cookies
Coco/hydro/Cyco
Harvest????

Ok guys, do I take her? The buds are closed and dense as lead. She ain’t getting any fatter or sprouting any more new growth. As you can see from the trichs, there’s a decent bit of amber creeping in. Yes there are still some unfilled trichs, but for the most part they’re white. If I wait on every single trich to get white at this point I fear I’ll have way too much amber for me.

Here’s the pics. Would you guys take her?

2024-04-24-05-09-36-804.jpeg

2024-04-24-05-08-20-803.jpeg

IMG_5649.jpeg

IMG_5650.jpeg

IMG_5651.jpeg
Did you test from different places, lowers n upper? CL🍀

Just weigh it and picture it. Zero the scale first. Post weights. We have no trust issues here.
There’s no great reveal then!

And no chance to tease!

I will say this when & Co out this on the scales she laughed. It was no fix.

But was it tared? How much does a 1lb Grove Bag weigh?

Which strain was it?

We know! The rest ya gonna need wait a bit!

But its at 60% max Rh so happy for it to go into Groves today to get curing. A note on Grove Bags. They are magic but you do have to dry your weed first! We'll aim for 58% minimum and because our background Rh is higher than where we dry (normally) we'll dry a second time after trim. But once its in the bag three things we would never do which I have seen people doing all over.

#1 Put a Bovida or similar in.

Here you are just messing with the bags own regularity environmental system. So the Bovida absorbs more moisture so then the Grove allows more moisture in to balance it again and then you end up with a soggy bovida back in with your weed

#2 Put a Hygrometer in there with it.

If you want to test they work/are working then take a bud out and throw it real quick in a jar with a meter for an hour. Personally I don't want some 10c battery powered device in with my weed. You gotta trust. We have weed been in them for over a year. Still smells and and feels great, we have never had any mould out of more than 30lbs cured in them. Not once.

#3 Don't open the bag in the first two weeks.

Gotta trust. Everytime you open it unless the place you are opening it is perfect at 60% Rh and at 24c (like my bedroom happily) you are making it reset the environment all over again. Just zip and forget.

Though I'm quite keen to try the Bubba Kush and BBMR, never had those strains before - maybe I'll make an exception and open those to vape a tester bud next week or something.

An like I say - & Co just plonked the bag down and that number on the scale popped up! She's not that au fait with 420 meaning or anything, doubt she knows the name of the site! But she's good with numbers and I wasn't even watching but she squeaked Honey!

The Universe Delivers (Again!)

Nick & Co

IMG_0418.jpeg

There’s no great reveal then!

And no chance to tease!

I will say this when & Co out this on the scales she laughed. It was no fix.

But was it tared? How much does a 1lb Grove Bag weigh?

Which strain was it?

We know! The rest ya gonna need wait a bit!

But its at 60% max Rh so happy for it to go into Groves today to get curing. A note on Grove Bags. They are magic but you do have to dry your weed first! We'll aim for 58% minimum and because our background Rh is higher than where we dry (normally) we'll dry a second time after trim. But once its in the bag three things we would never do which I have seen people doing all over.

#1 Put a Bovida or similar in.

Here you are just messing with the bags own regularity environmental system. So the Bovida absorbs more moisture so then the Grove allows more moisture in to balance it again and then you end up with a soggy bovida back in with your weed

#2 Put a Hygrometer in there with it.

If you want to test they work/are working then take a bud out and throw it real quick in a jar with a meter for an hour. Personally I don't want some 10c battery powered device in with my weed. You gotta trust. We have weed been in them for over a year. Still smells and and feels great, we have never had any mould out of more than 30lbs cured in them. Not once.

#3 Open the bag in the first two weeks.

Gotta trust. Everytime you open it unless the place you are opening it is perfect at 60% Rh and at 24c (like my bedroom happily) you are making it reset the environment all over again. Just zip and forget.

Though I'm quite keen to try the Bubba Kush and BBMR, never had those strains before - maybe I'll make an exception and open those to vape a tester bud next week or something.

An like I say - & Co just plonked the bag down and that number on the scale popped up! She's not that au fait with 420 meaning or anything, doubt she knows the name of the site! But she's good with numbers and I wasn't even watching but she squeaked Honey!

The Universe Delivers (Again!)

Nick & Co

IMG_0418.jpeg
So is that the yield? 420 grams? Or is that not an official number? What do I need to beat?

Did you test from different places, lowers n upper? CL🍀
I’m gonna wait a couple more days. That low bud was good, not great. The upper 3/4 of the nugs are all great. I could take it and have about 20% unfinished buds, and it would be fine. But I’m going for as close to perfect as possible. So I wait some more…..

So is that the yield? 420 grams? Or is that not an official number? What do I need to beat?
I’ll say this Nick - I did not think in a million years that you’d be done and weighed before I harvested a single plant.

Its one of the strains. Bagged for cure.

The other two & Co wants to finish in the morning. Part done already - pre trim if you like. Just the finishing pass.

I'm easy - I can send the numbers to someone for like a results escrow and we can announce together?

Or for sure by tomorrow I'll have our totals. I won't send to test for another couple of weeks anyway - ah I'll message you about that.

I haven't even tried ours yet. Maybe later this evening I'll try some of the bagged one.

In other slightly related news. Our swimming pool been a PITA. the H2o2 filled one. Keeps getting dirty. They finally, finally they say found the problem.

"Stones in the manifold" the lady said.

Ummm that would be perlite! 😆

They then told me the price of H2o2 is doubling!

Nick

Back
Top Bottom