AZCruiser's First Inside LED/CFL Soil Grow Journal - 2011

azcruiser

We are beginners and this is our very first grow. After a mistake or two we seem to have gotten the hang of it and have some nicely flourishing plants.

Arizona: Lots of A/C to keep temp below 85 in summer.
Supersonic Cristal Storm, Automatic, Feminized
Genetics: Lowryder x Black Domina, Mostly Indica
seed (germ on 8-18-2011)
Indoor, Soil, Bedroom grow
2'7" X 2'7" X 5'11" grow room at the foot of my bed.
Ocean Forest Potting Soil
Start in 4" pots move to 3 gal. pots.
1 - 130w LED
6 - 40w CFL's (16320 lumens)
Lights on 24/0
Temp 75f - 85f
RH 42 - 53
PH 6.2
no Pests
water when dry
no ferts used yet

2 - 6" inline fans (1 in, 1 out)
2 - small fans
1 - small humidifier
1 - 13w blue CFL
1 - 13w green CFL

2 - White Shark clones (starting to Veg) I think
4 - Bag Seeds (1 starting to Veg) I think

I'll get the hang of this photo stuff in time.
Our grow room and the girls.

IMG_110211.JPG

IMG_11008.JPG

Hi pilot90: We are using a GrowLab tent. Honestly, we don't recommend it. It isn't perfectly light proof. It also isn't very sturdy, it tends to tear around the velcro closures.

oh man that sux but thanks for the info cause i was thinking of buying the growlab gl80 tent but think i will come up with something else. gl az ill stay tuned in.....

All 4 of the Bag Seed plants seem to be the same.
Some unknown (for now) pot, We hope to get 1 female out of the 4.

Any guess on what it is?:morenutes:
IMG_11154.JPG

IMG_11114.JPG

Our Supersonic Crystal Storm has sprounted. 23 and a half hours after being planted she has sprouted. Wow. Accelerated growth seems to be a fact. Yay!:yahoo:

new_baby.JPG

Hey az whats good!!!! They look amazing so far... Im also growing her in tempe....good to have some locals on my side....by that pic i cant tell yet for the sex...how old are they? Like 25 to 33 days???

Hi CannaVince nice to meet someone local also. The plant we were asking about #4 is 4 weeks old right now. We have never sexed a plant before and aren't certain when to check for the differences.

Is this part of what tells us the sex of the plant?

male_or_female_-_Copy.JPG

If I'm not mistaken, I see a growth behind the stipule on the left side. The stipules are those pointy things at the base of the baby branch/fan leaf (axil), and from behind those are where the preflowers appear.

I can't really tell from this angle, but I think it's a male. Time will tell. Keep watching the axils for small growths, when they take on a definite shape, you'll be able to tell the sex of your plant.

Back
Top Bottom