Backseat does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Free smoke

420 Member
bag seed does anyone have any idea what she could be?

image.jpg

bag seed does anyone have any idea what she could be?

image.jpg
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :welcome:
It's probably an indica dominant hybrid.
Can't tell for sure sorry.
If you want to say Hi and meet everyone here is a link

Nice girl but she seems to be missing some leaves?
Coco in that pot? Or soil?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

You can always dig around. While it might not be able to narrow it down exactly, there can be several characteristics. You've got shape now. Here are some fun charts. There not perfect but it will get you going in a direction! As the plant matures take several pictures of the buds in late to end flower. That may help you close in a bit more. Finally after all your hard work, enjoy it like a connoisseur. The taste, smell, and high should be able to give you a nice tight pool of candidates.

I love mystery beans, keeps me on my toes. I've started tracking my mystery strains, it's like a game to me.

types-weed-sativa-indica-hybrid-600w-2020088669 (1).jpg

KM_Blog_1019_IndicaSativaStrains_sub_4typesBW (1).png

You can always dig around. While it might not be able to narrow it down exactly, there can be several characteristics. You've got shape now. Here are some fun charts. There not perfect but it will get you going in a direction! As the plant matures take several pictures of the buds in late to end flower. That may help you close in a bit more. Finally after all your hard work, enjoy it like a connoisseur. The taste, smell, and high should be able to give you a nice tight pool of candidates.

I love mystery beans, keeps me on my toes. I've started tracking my mystery strains, it's like a game to me.

types-weed-sativa-indica-hybrid-600w-2020088669 (1).jpg

KM_Blog_1019_IndicaSativaStrains_sub_4typesBW (1).png
I didn't know you could actually narrow them into category from leaves. That's awesome. Thank you!!

I didn't know you could actually narrow them into category from leaves. That's awesome. Thank you!!

You have to be careful categorizing this way. There are plenty of hybrids that will grow like a sativa or indica depending on which phenotype the plant expresses with. The Blue Thai I just grew and am currently growing has one version growing squat, bushy, and with wide leaves, but the other is tall, skinny, and has thinner leaves.

That’s why it’s almost impossible to identify a plant strain by sight, especially a picture, with anything more than “looks indica”. It could be indica or it could by a sativa hybrid expressing its indica traits. Unless you know the plants lineage you’re pretty SOL. I imagine you could do genetic testing, but then you have to hope your strain is catalogued.

Most landraces are pretty obvious, but if you’re dealing with a landrace you know the lineage.

Anything else is gonna have to be divined by @BeanTownFan420 and his dense cloud 😂

You have to be careful categorizing this way. There are plenty of hybrids that will grow like a sativa or indica depending on which phenotype the plant expresses with. The Blue Thai I just grew and am currently growing has one version growing squat, bushy, and with wide leaves, but the other is tall, skinny, and has thinner leaves.

That’s why it’s almost impossible to identify a plant strain by sight, especially a picture, with anything more than “looks indica”. It could be indica or it could by a sativa hybrid expressing its indica traits. Unless you know the plants lineage you’re pretty SOL. I imagine you could do genetic testing, but then you have to hope your strain is catalogued.

Most landraces are pretty obvious, but if you’re dealing with a landrace you know the lineage.

Anything else is gonna have to be divined by @BeanTownFan420 and his dense cloud 😂
Definitely. There is so much cross breeding. I enjoy the hunt. While I might never be right, I get more knowledge about strains. Gaining insight into possibilities of lineage. I make notes about every mystery plant. Look, smell, feel, high, leaves. Colors before and after harvest. Im trying to categorize any beans that are produced myself for my own future reference.

Definitely. There is so much cross breeding. I enjoy the hunt. While I might never be right, I get more knowledge about strains. Gaining insight into possibilities of lineage. I make notes about every mystery plant. Look, smell, feel, high, leaves. Colors before and after harvest. Im trying to categorize any beans that are produced myself for my own future reference.

Yep and now with legalization I see stuff like backyard grows getting seeded then passed down and grown out so it all gets a bit hazy. That’s why landrace strains go for absurd amounts of money, to the point it basically became a race to find them. There is none of that random grow here that becomes a foundational grow for a hybrid there stuff that muddles the line.

If you’re doing it for your own purposes then yeah, categorizing, learning more, exploring, that’s what it’s all about. It’s extremely useful knowing what to expect out of a plant’s morphology, especially if you’re indoors. All the better if you’re able to pull something you like out of it.

Yep and now with legalization I see stuff like backyard grows getting seeded then passed down and grown out so it all gets a bit hazy. That’s why landrace strains go for absurd amounts of money, to the point it basically became a race to find them. There is none of that random grow here that becomes a foundational grow for a hybrid there stuff that muddles the line.

If you’re doing it for your own purposes then yeah, categorizing, learning more, exploring, that’s what it’s all about. It’s extremely useful knowing what to expect out of a plant’s morphology, especially if you’re indoors. All the better if you’re able to pull something you like out of it.
Definitely! My biggest problem is with the authenticity of so many outlets. Everyone claims to have the next best strain. My issue is there is NO consistency. When purchasing genetics Bob can tell you it's anything. But nobody knows unless you have the analysis done yourself. That is truly the only peace of mind.

2 seeds 10 seeds 100 seeds. Each uniquely different.

Back
Top Bottom