Barneys Farm Tangerine Dream Auto Organic Outside 1st Timer Grow

MissKing420

Hi guys :)
Like the title states I'm a first time grower , trying out Barneys Tangerine Dream Auto strain outside in the uk. im Using biobizz light soil mix in a 12ltr pot & grabbed some biobizz veg & bloom nutrients just in case. Wont start using until 3 weeks+ though
As I'm going the all-Natural route I've just planted my seed straight to soil after completely drenching the soil & leaving to soak in a little . Did this yesterday and place a mini greenhouse over the top
So technically this is day 1 . Wish Me luck :peace:

Update Soon

Any Adivce Would Be Welcomed

Missking :Namaste:

Hi guys :)
Like the title states I'm a first time grower , trying out Barneys Tangerine Dream Auto strain outside in the uk. im Using biobizz light soil mix in a 12ltr pot & grabbed some biobizz veg & bloom nutrients just in case. Wont start using until 3 weeks+ though
As I'm going the all-Natural route I've just planted my seed straight to soil after completely drenching the soil & leaving to soak in a little . Did this yesterday and place a mini greenhouse over the top
So technically this is day 1 . Wish Me luck :peace:

Update Soon
Any Adivce Would Be Welcomed

Missking:Namaste:
Good thing you got them nutes especially with biobizz light mix. I suggest ph up and down and some sort of ph test kit either a meter or solution are easiest. Keep em green girl but dont overdo it with the nutes. Im just chopping a load of hermies. They're pretty much finished and its pretty recent so hasnt effected things too much but I reckon its down to mostly me well over feeding.. possibly heat and light fluctuation but looking at my timeline and how far its progressed its about inline with when I started noticing the nute burn

Thanks man , just ordered myself a ph probe that measures the moisture aswell . How often would you say to check the ph, everyday or? After feeding etc? All new to me long time smoker , first time grower :yahoo:
Check the PH of all your water and feed solutions. May I suggest doing something along the lines of when using straight water put enough through to make a bit of runoff and when using nutes just push enough through so that you know the pot is nice and soaked with a tiiny bit of runoff. This way you are not wasting nutrients but you will make sure theres no excess salts/nutes built up cos each watering will take the bad crap out.
I wasn't watering til runoff I was just counting on my plants using everything in the soil, it worked for a little while but I ran into a few problems that could have been attributed to this.
When starting your feeds go about 1/4-1/2 reccomended strength first then slowly build it up to full strength. My feed pattern is usually water-feed-water-feed. There are many people who do things differently though some do water-water-feed etc. Etc.

Check the PH of all your water and feed solutions. May I suggest doing something along the lines of when using straight water put enough through to make a bit of runoff and when using nutes just push enough through so that you know the pot is nice and soaked with a tiiny bit of runoff. This way you are not wasting nutrients but you will make sure theres no excess salts/nutes built up cos each watering will take the bad crap out.
I wasn't watering til runoff I was just counting on my plants using everything in the soil, it worked for a little while but I ran into a few problems that could have been attributed to this.
When starting your feeds go about 1/4-1/2 reccomended strength first then slowly build it up to full strength. My feed pattern is usually water-feed-water-feed. There are many people who do things differently though some do water-water-feed etc. Etc.

Thanks man I'll keep it in mind , was going to go with a 0.5ml dose then up in as Time goes on . It's been raining here but I've Got a mini greenhouse over her . She be alright? It's nice and warm in there , going to water tomorrow (every other day ) and see what happens . You been using this site long bud?

20180721_173609.jpg

Thanks man I'll keep it in mind , was going to go with a 0.5ml dose then up in as Time goes on . It's been raining here but I've Got a mini greenhouse over her . She be alright? It's nice and warm in there , going to water tomorrow (every other day ) and see what happens . You been using this site long bud?
Yerrrr she'll be perfectly fine. You've done a good thing with the mini greenhouse. They wont be receiving that much light but yes they still get a sufficient amount when it rains :D

I might take it off tomorrow if the weather's a Hot day and put it back on when the sun goes in to keep it warm over night , then repeat the process everyday until its popped and grown its first few nodes . Just so it gets a bit more light during the day . Glad I've joined here now , haven't told a soul so I can't always turn to you if I'm ever stumped :)

I might take it off tomorrow if the weather's a Hot day and put it back on when the sun goes in to keep it warm over night , then repeat the process everyday until its popped and grown its first few nodes . Just so it gets a bit more light during the day . Glad I've joined here now , haven't told a soul so I can't always turn to you if I'm ever stumped :)
Thats the beauty of this site. Im so proud of my plants that I HAVE to share them with someone so this is my outlet lol

Thats the beauty of this site. Im so proud of my plants that I HAVE to share them with someone so this is my outlet lol

You just have to share the love with some don't you , I agree . I thinking was talking my partners ear off so this was the idea I think :surf: just hopping it pops thrgh now though . I've got a barneys farm blue cheese auto aswell as back up just in case :thumb:

You just have to share the love with some don't you , I agree . I thinking was talking my partners ear off so this was the idea I think :surf: just hopping it pops thrgh now though . I've got a barneys farm blue cheese auto aswell as back up just in case :thumb:
If it doesnt pop i suggest germinating the seed before planting it in the soil. Be happy to walk you through my method if youd like?

Yeah please if u could bud . I'll leave it another 2-3 days and if its still not popped I'll germinated the other seed then
Sweet.
First off just get a cup of room temp water and drop ya seed in it, keep in a warm dark place for atleast 24h. By that point the seed should have sunk to the bottom which is an indication that its cracked open and taken in water. Get a paper towel (preferably kitchen roll as toilet paper etc is usually perfumed and has oils etc added to it also it falls apart when tryna take the seed out) fold the seed up and soak the paper towel. At this point u can put it between 2 plates to keep light from getting to it thats what a lot of people do but I just put the paper square in a little baggy with the top open in my bedside draw. Makes it easier to label em up and keep track aswell if you're running multiple strains. Leave em for again atleast 24h. When you open the towel back up you should see a little tongue popping out if so then she ready to put to dirt. Ive had a 100 percent germination rate with this technique in that theyve all popped at that stage. Once you put em to dirt though anything can happen its just the law of nature occasionally say if the one youve got in now doesnt sprout dont think its something u did or didnt do it just happens. Ive thrown away an og kush, lsd-25 amd blue dream bean cos they didnt sprout through the soil

Sweet.
First off just get a cup of room temp water and drop ya seed in it, keep in a warm dark place for atleast 24h. By that point the seed should have sunk to the bottom which is an indication that its cracked open and taken in water. Get a paper towel (preferably kitchen roll as toilet paper etc is usually perfumed and has oils etc added to it also it falls apart when tryna take the seed out) fold the seed up and soak the paper towel. At this point u can put it between 2 plates to keep light from getting to it thats what a lot of people do but I just put the paper square in a little baggy with the top open in my bedside draw. Makes it easier to label em up and keep track aswell if you're running multiple strains. Leave em for again atleast 24h. When you open the towel back up you should see a little tongue popping out if so then she ready to put to dirt. Ive had a 100 percent germination rate with this technique in that theyve all popped at that stage. Once you put em to dirt though anything can happen its just the law of nature occasionally say if the one youve got in now doesnt sprout dont think its something u did or didnt do it just happens. Ive thrown away an og kush, lsd-25 amd blue dream bean cos they didnt sprout through the soil

Thanks man ! Sounds perfect plan and I'm glad you said its not anything I did or didn't do was doubting myself . I'll leave it Until Tuesday say and if still nothing I'll start germinating the other one instead & start again . I don't don't anyways i want to learn to get it right in time and not rush . Handy trade to learn

How much water do you think i should put on this one tomorrow? The tops drying out so would you say 1ltr or......? Still unsure on how much waste waste give in General tbh bud

How much water do you think i should put on this one tomorrow? The tops drying out so would you say 1ltr or......? Still unsure on how much waste waste give in General tbh bud
At this precise moment you dont need to be soaking the pot right through just enough so that you can clearly see shes nice and moist around where the seed would be. If its not up yet theres no roots so the watering to waste is for want of a better word pointless.
When you start ya next seed I suggest goin down to bnq or wherever and getting a little pack of pete pots dont worry they are cheap and perfect for starting seedlings in and the beauty os you can just plant that pete pot straight into ya big pot and the roots will grow straight through. You'll notice when you water em they get a bit mushy so be careful but when it comes time to up pot you can use this to your advantage. Soak it and peel off the bottom so the tap root doesnt even need to try and break through.
I personally poke holes allllll around my pete pots to get air to the roots (probably a bit too much to explain why now) but you can just poke holes in the bottom for drainage.

Back
Top Bottom