Be0wulf's Grow Journal - Indoor Closet CFL - Apr '12

be0wulf i have a question i have four bag seed goin right now two weeks and 1 day in flowering stage..i had one male i took him out the first week of flowering it had seed podds..njow all my ladies are flowering gd but i found some seeds today on three of them i picked them off,but i dont kno wat to do..kill them or let it go...but they have white pistils all over

be0wulf i have a question i have four bag seed goin right now two weeks and 1 day in flowering stage..i had one male i took him out the first week of flowering it had seed podds..njow all my ladies are flowering gd but i found some seeds today on three of them i picked them off,but i dont kno wat to do..kill them or let it go...but they have white pistils all over

To early for seeds so i guess your seeing pollen sacs. Just keep checking for those male bananas and pull them off. Have any popped yet? If it was good bud to begin with even with the seeds it should be good smoke. Back in the day we wanted seeds in the bag then you knew it was female plants.

Haha no worries guys, the more discussion the better. I actually chopped down my hermie the other day, it wasn't lookin so good. The yield was very small, not so much because it hermied but because I didn't really take care of it very well in the past month or so. It had some ph issues before I finally figured out what was wrong and by that time it was kinda too late.

Still looking forward to smoking it though, the buds are tiny but well matured.

As for my girl, she is looking fan-fucking-tastic! Only about 1-2 more weeks in her left and her hairs are slowly turning brown/red. I've been watering with molasses on some advice of others. No noticeable effects yet but I just started a day or two ago.

I'll post some more pics in a day or so, checked on the trichs today and about 50-60% are cloudy, but I didn't spot any amber ones. I could probly get away with harvesting right now but of course I won't! I want to see how fat her buds get!

Peace everyone!

5/29
Flowering Day: 57

Harvested the hermie about a week ago. Dried over the past week and smoked it all last night (between the three of us). Total yield was very small, since the plant was more or less dying.

Yield: .75 grams
Smoke report: Very satisfying, uplifting, enjoyable high.
Taste: Very good considering I didn't cure at all. Was a little harsh, with an undertone of great flavor.

Now my girl, which we have named Aphrodite, is doing excellent. Her main cola is about 4" tall, ~1-1/2" wide and still developing more buds. I've been feeding her a little molasses mixed in with her water and giving her light nutes. She has many secondary bud sites that are looking great, I've actually had to tie strings from her lower branches to the main stem to keep them from breaking off. (two smaller branches have already snapped).

I took some pictures today to show off how she is doing. Lots of close up shots of her buds!

may29_1.JPG

may29_2.JPG

Easy to see the cloudy trichs in this one:
may29_3.JPG

may29_4.JPG

may29_5.JPG

may29_6.JPG

IMG_037511.JPG

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

Alright everyone, here are the results of my labor!

Harvested on flowering day: 68

I partially harvested her, I still haven't taken off her main cola as it is still growing and throwing out new buds! I took most of her buds, I'd say about 60-70% which yielded 73.6 grams of bud (plus another 8gr of goooood trim for hash!). I dried the harvest for ~4-5 days and trimmed off the excess stem, leaving me with a dry weight of 17 grams even. Over half an oz and I haven't harvested the whole plant yet!

I must say, this has been a great learning experience and has been incredibly fun growing my own plant from seed to weed! The taste was piney at first, but now as she has been curing (we've been smoking it since it dried) it has turned to a much more mellow flavor. Not any particular taste, but just a good homegrown weed taste.

I attempted to make hash out of the trimmings I got from harvesting. I say attempted because it didn't turn out exactly how I imagined. However, the hash was still good and we had a lot of fun smoking it, and it gave a very nice buzz. Plus we were out of weed at the time and having hash was amazing!

The high is very spacey, I think a lot about all kinds of crazy things. I don't think it is the best kind of high I've ever had, but it is still great. This weed is also a great aphrodisiac! My girlfriend and I had a great time after we got super baked.

Summary: 1 plant, partial harvest, 17gr dry so far, very sticky!

Without further ado, here are the pictures!

empty3.JPG

full5.JPG

IMG_059810.JPG

IMG_058510.JPG

bowl30.JPG

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom