Beginner Hydro Grower Help!

BudSpuds

Okay,

Making the switch from soil to 5 Gal Root Spa Hydro buckets. Looking for some technical info prior to set up.
What's the best nutrient solution setup for 5 gal ROS Water?
PH,TDS,PPM, & EC ranges?
Water temps?
Frequency of water changes?
Seedling medium clay rockwool combo?
Any other info that can be offered would be great?
Strain for this grow will be White Widow can't wait to get started, Have to get the research done first! Root spa's on there way!

Thanks

Hey Budspuds!

First off, this chart will help you figure out the proper pH range:
image267951.jpg

TDS, PPM, and EC all measure the same thing, but with different units. Here's a chart for the conversion:
PPM-EC-C.jpg

Here's a good chart that gives you a general idea about how things like EC can change throughout the life cycle of the plant from seed to harvest (as well as some other numbers you might find helpful, like water temp):

CCH2O-Recommendations-Graph-1024x743.jpg

When I was running 5gal buckets, I liked to change my water about once every five to seven days. Usually it was seven, but if the plants were really active during certain stages of bloom, they would go through the nutrients much faster. When that happens, your pH will drop a little faster than normal and you will want to change the water sooner.

Good luck with your WW! You'll get some great help here by starting a journal!

Hey Budspuds!

First off, this chart will help you figure out the proper pH range:
image267951.jpg

TDS, PPM, and EC all measure the same thing, but with different units. Here's a chart for the conversion:
PPM-EC-C.jpg

Here's a good chart that gives you a general idea about how things like EC can change throughout the life cycle of the plant from seed to harvest (as well as some other numbers you might find helpful, like water temp):

CCH2O-Recommendations-Graph-1024x743.jpg

When I was running 5gal buckets, I liked to change my water about once every five to seven days. Usually it was seven, but if the plants were really active during certain stages of bloom, they would go through the nutrients much faster. When that happens, your pH will drop a little faster than normal and you will want to change the water sooner.

Good luck with your WW! You'll get some great help here by starting a journal!

Thanks for the knowledge!

Put dwc in the search and browse through some journals and faqs. You will find the answer to every question you have and some you dont have yet. You can never do too much research. Lotta variables so looking at a few diffeewnt grows will give you a good idea what to expect. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom