Best Lights For Seedlings?

PureWyven

420 Member
I am currently confused on the best light for the seedling stage, I have multiple 3000k CFLS, 1 LED 5000K, couple regular household bulbs, I am currently using the LED 5000K but its growing slow so i dont know if i should mix the lights together or just stick with the one 5000K. They are both at 3 inches tall, leafs are just now starting to expand, Its been about 5 days

A seedling is going to grow slow until it develops bigger leaves to take in more light to convert into more energy to grow faster...don't worry it will take off in any light right now...any pics? to see where your at...:ciao:

A seedling is going to grow slow until it develops bigger leaves to take in more light to convert into more energy to grow faster...don't worry it will take off in any light right now...any pics? to see where your at...:ciao:
here you go

Attachments

• image0 (1).jpg
    image0 (1).jpg
    508.4 KB · Views: 59
  • image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    462.3 KB · Views: 53
I grow all of my seedlings in the same light they will be under until they finish.
me too, even the filtered light under my main girls is enough for seedlings, once they get large enough I put them in a box with a light until the main girls are done flowering then new seeds get planted and my vegging girls get two weeks of veg before the switch, the issue is planning for inspections and taking the whole grow down ruining my cycles, if you want to grow you will do what it takes

Also how close should my lights be to my plants currently?

me too, even the filtered light under my main girls is enough for seedlings, once they get large enough I put them in a box with a light until the main girls are done flowering then new seeds get planted and my vegging girls get two weeks of veg before the switch, the issue is planning for inspections and taking the whole grow down ruining my cycles, if you want to grow you will do what it takes
All of that is very true. And I have found more often than not if you start a Seedling under something weak like a CFL it does induce a day or two of shock when you move it under a much more intense light source. I just let them rip from day one LOL.

Since its my first time i dont really know what to know whats average or normal but this is Lowryder (Ganja Dwarf) from AMS
They look good, but, you might want to put them into some solo cups next time with some holes in the bottom, and don't water too much, just mist with a sprayer, those little round leaves will feed it for 3 weeks or so
I put mine about 3-4 inches above my babies...

You're going to find that people have different ways of doing things that work for them. The best thing I can say is "read".
I didn't have one of these sites to go to when I was learning, so I read everything I could...books I mean o_O...
There are many people here that have been doing this for a long time and reading journals is the best thing, that way you find out what works and what don't... @Emilya is one of them she has some great link in her sig...look at them and read read read...lol...good luck my friend, and if I didn't say it before :welcome: to the forum

Back
Top Bottom