Best temperature for leds

I have LEDs that run high 100-110 and a new one that is practically ambient room temp when running. I have been able to supplement the heat in the tent that has been needed throughout the colder winter. They keep surprising me. Technology keeps advancing pretty fast.

New to leds been growing for about eleven years now with hps. I have heard that you are supposed to run in the mid eighties.

you can run leds way lower temp. the higher heat thing is a hangover myth from hid days. you want the temps in the same range as always.

if you're not comfortable with the temp neither are your plants. nearly all weed grows best at the same temps we like as humans.

you can run leds way lower temp. the higher heat thing is a hangover myth from hid days. you want the temps in the same range as always.
Not saying you can't run LED's at a lower temp. But, I'd sure like to read whatever you did saying the higher heat thing is a myth. I haven't ever heard that before so I'd like to see the resource you got that from. My understanding is it takes a higher temp with LED's to reach a LST (leaf surface temp) of 77F. I guess if you want to be totally accurate you could always use a laser thermometer to check the LST. I just know that my plants grow much better at the higher temps with high RH. I get very slow growth in lower temps. But in the mid 80's things grow much faster.

Back
Top Bottom