Bill C-45: Canada's Legalization, The Drama Revs Up

Re: Bill C-45 â€" Canadaâ€s Legalization â€" The Drama Revs Up

Golden Horseshoe: Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Vaughan, Hamilton

5 stores for 9.245 million people

Barrie, Kingston, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Thunder Bay, and Windsor

9 stores for the remaining 4.9 million people

Sounds reasonable to me. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Ian

Lmao .

The black market will thrive! At even $150 an ounce it is still very profitable, considering at the end of the day it is just a plant...

I always thought 150$ is a good number ..

I saw a friends Alien Dawg from Aphria last weekend. 22% but the smallest most pathetic buds I've seen in a while!

So would I be able to get my bud tested at shoppers drug mart soon torst lol

Hi All,

First Nations weigh in. Of note is the Bay of Quinte Mohawks who have more than 1 dispensary in operation. If memory serves me correctly, there was a standoff between the RCMP and dispensary supporters this past summer. I believe the RCMP were surrounded and after negotiation, were allowed to leave.

First Nations demand control over cannabis sales - The Globe and Mail

Next is CanniMed is officially the sole supplier to PharmaChoice.

CanniMed announces agreement to supply medical cannabis to PharmaChoice - The Globe and Mail

Peace. :peace:

Nova Scotia . . .

• The provincial government announced Thursday that pot will be sold through certain Nova Scotia Liquor Corp. outlets and online when recreational marijuana is expected to become legal in Canada next year.
  • The legal age to use, possess or purchase marijuana will be 19, the legal drinking age in Nova Scotia, Justice Minister Mark Furey said at a news conference.
  • People will be allowed to have up to 30 grams for personal consumption. They will also be allowed to grow up to four plants per household.

Source: CBC

Ian

PEI . . .

• the legal age for pot use will be 19, aligned with the province's legal age for alcohol and tobacco.
  • pot use will be restricted to private residences so as to prevent secondhand smoke and the "normalization of cannabis smoking without stigmatization"
  • Potential for expanding smoking to public spaces could be introduced at a later date.
  • The P.E.I. Liquor Control Commission will be the retail distributor for cannabis products. Though it will be sold in government-owned retail locations, marijuana won't be sold alongside alcohol.
  • operate an online store for Islanders to purchase marijuana and it will be delivered by Canada Post.

Source: CBC

Ian

• Legalized pot will cost Canadians about $10 a gram and Ottawa has agreed to give the provinces 75 per cent of the tax revenues to help cover costs of setting up the new regime.

• Each gram of marijuana would have a tax of $1 on sales up to $10 and a 10-per-cent tax on sales worth more than $10.

• Ontario Finance Minister Charles Sousa said the price could be even less than $10 a gram as governments try to squeeze out the illegal market

Source: Toronto Star

Ian

Ontario . . .

Ontario will officially have legal recreational cannabis on July 1, 2018.

MPPs passed the Cannabis Act 63 to 27, with support from the Liberals and the NDP, while the PC party voted no.

Ian

PS Make a huge note of who voted No & respond accordingly in the next Federal election.

This comes from Canadients in Reddit. Posted by CanadaWeedStocks so all credit to him.

What We Know So Far About Ontario Cannabis Retail (Ontario Cannabis Retail Corp. (OCRC) & New Brunswick Cannabis Retail (CannabisNB)

Ontario:

• the new subsidiary, a Crown corporation called the Ontario Cannabis Retail Corp. (OCRC)
  • The organization has not yet decided if the stores will carry OCRC branding, or another brand name.
  • unveiling 40 cannabis stores by Canada Day
  • have a low-profile exterior and security at doors performing ID checks
  • stores will be roughly 2,500 square feet on average, much smaller than typical LCBO stores, which mostly range from 5,000 to 10,000 square feet
  • inspired by the Apple Store, in the sense that they will be clean, bright and uncluttered.
  • There will be iPads on hand where shoppers can search for various products and read more information
  • no products displayed on shelves, The product will be secured out of sight, brought out only upon request for purchase.
  • Product consultants will answer questions and provide samples for smelling — although no sampling is allowed
  • It has to build an e-commerce service for cannabis and has yet to announce its shipping partner.

New Brunswick:

• the name of the retail stores that will sell cannabis to the public – CannabisNB, a subsidiary of NB Liquor
  • NB Liquor's request for proposals calls for retail stores to be "substantially complete" by May 31 of next year
  • will operate 20 stores in 15 locations
  • products will be displayed under glass
  • identification will be checked at the door
  • roughly 2,500/3000 square feet
  • online sales will also be available for pick-up at a retail store or home delivery.
  • signed deals with suppliers. Organigram, Zenabis and Canopy Growth Corp

Ian

Thank you Ian, Thank you CanadaWeedStocks,

Checking I.D. at the door?

Does this mean they're treating cannabis differently than alcohol? Does this mean no kids in the store?

Prohibition 2.0

Peace. :peace:

Saskatchewan

• The Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority (SLGA) will issue approximately 60 cannabis retail permits to private operators in as many as 40 Saskatchewan municipalities and First Nation communities.

So it will be private sector stores with gov't distribution in SK. No word on minimum age etc.

Ian

PEI . . . more detail

• Adults 19 and over will be allowed to possess 30 grams of cannabis in public. There are no restrictions in personal residences at this time. It will be illegal for anyone under 19 to possess cannabis.
  • The province plans to strengthen roadside suspension and create a summary offence in cases of drug-impaired driving with a minor. Convictions for summary offences usually result in fines rather than jail time.
  • The province will have four government-owned retail stores. They will be located in Charlottetown, Summerside, Montague and West Prince. It will also offer online sales with home delivery.
  • The province will get its cannabis from three companies, including the only facility licensed to grow medical marijuana on the Island, Canada's Island Garden, as well as OrganiGram and Canopy Growth

Ian

If you plan on it, start making inventory of growing equipment to grow your own. Retail stores are looking like they'll be a joke and half in the early stages so better to grow some dank strains of your choosing.

Delta 9 released their newest strain . . . Justin Trudope . . . an indica hybrid with 19.7 % THC for $9.50/g . . .

Ian

Back
Top Bottom