BK's Indoor Soil Autos

I am sure BK won't mind if I ask this here, do I need to be careful about N in the calmag formulation I am about to treat my plants with?
If you follow the recommended dosage it will help with nutrient uptake.
Always put it in your plain water first.
Mix well and let sit for 15 minutes.
Then add your nutrients as recommended in order.
Micro / Grow / Bloom then set ph then feed.
You will be fine, follow your schedule.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

I am sure BK won't mind if I ask this here, do I need to be careful about N in the calmag formulation I am about to treat my plants with?
Yes! For sure @Carmen Ray ! I accidentally used the Blue Planet Pro Cal Mag once and suddenly all these issues started…I checked the label and it’s like 8% I think!!! (I’m out, if memory serves). My normal Humboldt’s Secret CalMag plus Iron is only 2%. So yes, check for sure. You want something in the 2-4% range.

@BubbaKush909 great read! Your spotting issue looks relatively similar to bacterial blight and septoria spot

Screenshot_20220703-160029_Google.jpg
This is similar to what I got from my the BP CalMag. Can you shoot a pic of the label?

Ok ENTIRELY MY FAULTV :thanks:
Below you will see the frass I use nop N - p - k n nothing 000.
Not even listed.
So thank you so much for bringing that to my attention.
I'll have to tell everyone to check npk before they order frass.
:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Bill

Screenshot_20220704-100025_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220704-095956_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220704-095939_Gallery.jpg

Sorry BK I just realized who's thread we are on.:sorry:
Hey @Bill284 - I don’t know what is “your fault.” You just mean “oh, in that case yes, maybe you could burn them.” Right? Cuz if yours is 0-0-0 I want that. I assumed they were all 0-0-0. Oops. Assuming is bad. Lmao! Thanks!

Yes! For sure @Carmen Ray ! I accidentally used the Blue Planet Pro Cal Mag once and suddenly all these issues started…I checked the label and it’s like 8% I think!!! (I’m out, if memory serves). My normal Humboldt’s Secret CalMag plus Iron is only 2%. So yes, check for sure. You want something in the 2-4% range.
OH gosh mine is like this. I suck at maths. Please tell me if this is a safe one.
IMG_20220704_195414.jpg

Sorry BK, hope you don't mind.

Hey @Bill284 - I don’t know what is “your fault.” You just mean “oh, in that case yes, maybe you could burn them.” Right? Cuz if yours is 0-0-0 I want that. I assumed they were all 0-0-0. Oops. Assuming is bad. Lmao! Thanks!
My fault not yours.
I'll fix that tonight when I post pics of my new @Mars Hydro .
Yup. :thumb:
Fed up freezing at night and the clock is ticking.
It's a beauty.

Bill

Wow! Miss a day and look what happens lol! Back in the day OldMedMan had to do something one day so we all descended on his journal and added about 10 pages to it, it still makes me laugh.

I agree on the not spraying. Treat for calcium deficiency and see what happens... watch for progression or remission of the symptoms.
Thanks Emmy I still don't know what's wrong with it but I'm just trying to feed as normal. It's not getting any better but it's not a lot worse either.

@BubbaKush909 great read! Your spotting issue looks relatively similar to bacterial blight and septoria spot

Screenshot_20220703-160029_Google.jpg

Welcome @OGpapa! I've never heard of that. I've heard of blight and I know that's not good. Any idea what may be causing it and how I should treat it?

Yes, I reapplied every time I watered and let the pot get nice and dry between waterings. After three applications and a few fly strips right at pot level (to get the emerging flies) they were gone.

Did you pick up any hints of cinnamon in the buds? That would be cool. Thanks @Jon!

It's impossible, they are microbes and fungi.
I roll the roots right in frass.
Then I feed my babies full strength nutrients, same as the full grown girls in the veg room.
1000 ppm right to baby clones and never burn them.
It's a different method from a regular pot grow or dwc.
Microbes and Fungi feed and take care of your ROOTS.
@DYNOMYCO helps expand the root uptake zone and keep the roots healthy.
It's all about rapid root growth and feeding max nutrients for max plant growth.
If someone burnt their plant using my method it's because they never used the Bokashi and Frass properly or never activated it properly.
Can you find me the post with the burnt plant please. :Namaste:
@Jon Did you feed with full strength nutrients?
Cover your roots with Frass ? Bokashi ?
Did you have any burning of the leaves or roots ? At all ?

BTW: Hey Carmen :ciao:
Hope you are well my friend.

Bill

Hey @Bill284! I know I'm jumping a bit ahead but I'm getting frass and dazzle and cutting back on the stuff @Jon and I have, I'm also seeing N toxicity pretty regularly. I'm also learning to really pay attention to the labels. Botanicare CM plus is 2% N, which is what I'm using.

Hey Bill, thank you for explaining how it works together. I am sorry but I don't remember who it was. I was sure it was @Jon, but I may be mistaken. I am following quite a few journals so it sometimes gets a little much to absorb. I am well thank you and I hope you are too

Morning Carmen! I don't mind anything anyone posts here, feel free! And you were right it was Jon.

beautiful plant what was your light cycle 24/0 or 20/4 or 18/6 ???

Welcome @safeman! Thank you! I was running the lights for a while at 20/4 but I haven't seen any improvement over 18/6, so I've gone back to that. I'm growing in the master bathroom, lights are out from midnight to 6 am. Even though the door was closed I found myself waking up when the lights came on at 4am... no thanks!

I don’t think I’d say impossible Sensei. I top dressed the Pluto Runtz with frass and you saw what happened. The frass was the only change then, there’s no question it was responsible for whatever reason. So maybe “extremely rare?”

It’s FF soil and GeoFlora nutes with bokashi and frass in the pot layered a la your method. No issues whatsoever until I top dressed the frass. It killed the Pluto Runtz on the vine in 24 hours. Feed is just tap water, never once had an issue. No additives or anything else. All was fine then I decided to top dress the frass and boom - that was it. Next day you saw the picture, she was dried out and crispy all around and no longer viable. So I don’t know! Crazy! I thought the same as you - impossible! If not for this I’d still say impossible.

What brand of frass was it?
Might have something added we don't know about.
I'll check if you remember.

Bill

It’s this. Don’t think that was it but maybe I overloaded the N with it?

C5190AE9-9B37-4100-9EF3-9E521B7AFCD3.jpeg

03245C57-CFC9-4AA1-9CCB-05CC3B09F853.jpeg

Ever since the 24 Karat has curled down tips that look like N overload too. The Strawberry Banana was not affected, she loved it.

Ok ENTIRELY MY FAULTV :thanks:
Below you will see the frass I use nop N - p - k n nothing 000.
Not even listed.
So thank you so much for bringing that to my attention.
I'll have to tell everyone to check npk before they order frass.
:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Bill

Screenshot_20220704-100025_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220704-095956_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220704-095939_Gallery.jpg

Sorry BK I just realized who's thread we are on.:sorry:

No problem! We're all learning and my journal gets boring when I'm the only one posting lol.

This is similar to what I got from my the BP CalMag. Can you shoot a pic of the label?

I'm with you @Jon!

OH gosh mine is like this. I suck at maths. Please tell me if this is a safe one.
IMG_20220704_195414.jpg

Sorry BK, hope you don't mind.
Not at all Carmen. I hope Jon's right, I have no clue.

You should be fine. Pretty sure that translates to 3.6%.

My fault not yours.
I'll fix that tonight when I post pics of my new @Mars Hydro .
Yup. :thumb:
Fed up freezing at night and the clock is ticking.
It's a beauty.

Bill

Thanks for visiting and have a great day!

Even though the door was closed I found myself waking up when the lights came on at 4am... no thanks!
BK I feel you. I have the light on in my living room and it is like trying to sleep on a bright sunny day... I look forward to a bit of down time too as soon as these autos are done :)

Wow! Miss a day and look what happens lol! Back in the day OldMedMan had to do something one day so we all descended on his journal and added about 10 pages to it, it still makes me laugh.

Thanks Emmy I still don't know what's wrong with it but I'm just trying to feed as normal. It's not getting any better but it's not a lot worse either.

Welcome @OGpapa! I've never heard of that. I've heard of blight and I know that's not good. Any idea what may be causing it and how I should treat it?

Did you pick up any hints of cinnamon in the buds? That would be cool. Thanks @Jon!

Hey @Bill284! I know I'm jumping a bit ahead but I'm getting frass and dazzle and cutting back on the stuff @Jon and I have, I'm also seeing N toxicity pretty regularly. I'm also learning to really pay attention to the labels. Botanicare CM plus is 2% N, which is what I'm using.

Morning Carmen! I don't mind anything anyone posts here, feel free! And you were right it was Jon.

Welcome @safeman! Thank you! I was running the lights for a while at 20/4 but I haven't seen any improvement over 18/6, so I've gone back to that. I'm growing in the master bathroom, lights are out from midnight to 6 am. Even though the door was closed I found myself waking up when the lights came on at 4am... no thanks!

No problem! We're all learning and my journal gets boring when I'm the only one posting lol.

I'm with you @Jon!

Not at all Carmen. I hope Jon's right, I have no clue.

Awesome and thoughtful set of responses. Nice

BK I feel you. I have the light on in my living room and it is like trying to sleep on a bright sunny day... I look forward to a bit of down time too as soon as these autos are done :)

LOL Carmen that's way worse than I have it, just some light leaks around the door, mostly at the bottom. I have no idea why it wakes me up but I don't like it!

Awesome and thoughtful set of responses. Nice

Thanks Jon! I say right back at you! Exciting news we finally got some rain today, and hope we get a lot more. I'm tired of watering everything outdoors lol.

Strawberry Banana day 70 day 43. I chopped the cola this morning. I'm going to give the rest of the plant a few more days. Some of the inner buds still haven't finished. Can't wait to try her!

20220705_120442[1].jpg

What's left of her:

20220705_120548[1].jpg

Red Super Skunk day 58, flower 27, 10". She's tiny but loaded with nice sticky buds, I think she's got about a month left. BTW this bathroom doesn't currently have running water, that's why I'm ok with the outlet being on the floor.

20220705_120603[1].jpg

Blueberry Glue, day 45, flower 24. She's 8" tall and in a competition with @Jon's 24 Karat for the smallest auto. I think I'm looking good :yahoo:

20220705_120618[1].jpg

Forbidden Runtz XXL, day 45 flower 22. Full grown at 14". She's the same age as the BG above but what a difference!

20220705_120510[1].jpg

20220705_120525[1].jpg

The leaf problem today it's slowly spreading this is not good. She got her second watering with CM, Safers, Kelp Tea and GG Bloom Nutes this morning. So this is basically her second treatment. I'm going to research the condition @OGpapa mentioned.

20220705_120516[1].jpg

Cream Cookies day 26 flower 3. Hopefully she keeps getting bigger these autos drive me crazy sometimes. She also has some kind of leaf issue but I'm ignoring it, all the new growth looks fine. The first one I grew, which was great smoke, only gave me about 20g's. I've been topping them all lately but this one just got tied to the side of the bag.

20220705_120555[1].jpg

Last but not least the Red Banana Berry XXL, day 9, hiding amongst the daisies as usual. This is the most disciplined my watering has been, normally I would have watered her 2 days ago but I held off. She finally got water this morning her cup was bone dry.

20220705_121202[1].jpg

@OGpapa thank you! I think lol. I looked up bacterial (brown) blight and don't think that's what I have. But the symptoms for Leaf Septoria Dealing with Cannabis Leaf Septoria

It's caused by a fungus. I'm not convinced but I'm leaning strongly, it's appearance and spread fit. Plus that plant has been at the far end of the space and getting the least direct air from the fan. High humidity is also a cause, mine is usually ranging from 40-70 in summer. Mostly low to mid 60's. I can't do much about that. I'm a little skeptical because it's not on anyone else. But it's not acting like my usual calmag issues.

They recommend removing all affected leaves so I've done that as best as I could, I basically defoliated her. It was on a lot of leaves. I also moved her to the middle of the grow so she's getting more air. The recommend rotating the position of your plants to keep ths from happening.

The good news is it doesn't attack the buds - it will attack fruit. The bad news is it may hurt my yield. What else is new lol!

I'll keep watching it, and I think I'll move all the plants out for a few hours and clean everything that I can and spray it with a fungicide. Hopefully that's the end of it!

@OGpapa thank you! I think lol. I looked up bacterial (brown) blight and don't think that's what I have. But the symptoms for Leaf Septoria Dealing with Cannabis Leaf Septoria

It's caused by a fungus. I'm not convinced but I'm leaning strongly, it's appearance and spread fit. Plus that plant has been at the far end of the space and getting the least direct air from the fan. High humidity is also a cause, mine is usually ranging from 40-70 in summer. Mostly low to mid 60's. I can't do much about that. I'm a little skeptical because it's not on anyone else. But it's not acting like my usual calmag issues.

They recommend removing all affected leaves so I've done that as best as I could, I basically defoliated her. It was on a lot of leaves. I also moved her to the middle of the grow so she's getting more air. The recommend rotating the position of your plants to keep ths from happening.

The good news is it doesn't attack the buds - it will attack fruit. The bad news is it may hurt my yield. What else is new lol!

I'll keep watching it, and I think I'll move all the plants out for a few hours and clean everything that I can and spray it with a fungicide. Hopefully that's the end of it!
Couldn't hurt to quarantine. You don't want it to spread.

LOL Carmen that's way worse than I have it, just some light leaks around the door, mostly at the bottom. I have no idea why it wakes me up but I don't like it!

Thanks Jon! I say right back at you! Exciting news we finally got some rain today, and hope we get a lot more. I'm tired of watering everything outdoors lol.

Strawberry Banana day 70 day 43. I chopped the cola this morning. I'm going to give the rest of the plant a few more days. Some of the inner buds still haven't finished. Can't wait to try her!

20220705_120442[1].jpg

What's left of her:

20220705_120548[1].jpg

Red Super Skunk day 58, flower 27, 10". She's tiny but loaded with nice sticky buds, I think she's got about a month left. BTW this bathroom doesn't currently have running water, that's why I'm ok with the outlet being on the floor.

20220705_120603[1].jpg

Blueberry Glue, day 45, flower 24. She's 8" tall and in a competition with @Jon's 24 Karat for the smallest auto. I think I'm looking good :yahoo:

20220705_120618[1].jpg

Forbidden Runtz XXL, day 45 flower 22. Full grown at 14". She's the same age as the BG above but what a difference!

20220705_120510[1].jpg

20220705_120525[1].jpg

The leaf problem today it's slowly spreading this is not good. She got her second watering with CM, Safers, Kelp Tea and GG Bloom Nutes this morning. So this is basically her second treatment. I'm going to research the condition @OGpapa mentioned.

20220705_120516[1].jpg

Cream Cookies day 26 flower 3. Hopefully she keeps getting bigger these autos drive me crazy sometimes. She also has some kind of leaf issue but I'm ignoring it, all the new growth looks fine. The first one I grew, which was great smoke, only gave me about 20g's. I've been topping them all lately but this one just got tied to the side of the bag.

20220705_120555[1].jpg

Last but not least the Red Banana Berry XXL, day 9, hiding amongst the daisies as usual. This is the most disciplined my watering has been, normally I would have watered her 2 days ago but I held off. She finally got water this morning her cup was bone dry.

20220705_121202[1].jpg

Wow! Lotta good stuff here BK. First, excellent job on holding off on watering the XXL. That is how it’s done, but as you have found the discipline doesn’t necessarily come easy. Keep that up. That’s excellent growth for day 9. And congratulations on the cola harvest on the SB. It’s sooooo good! Be patient and don’t rush the dry and cure! Great work by you!

Good afternoon!

Couldn't hurt to quarantine. You don't want it to spread.

Hi @OGpapa, thanks for your very timely info. I don't have any practical way to quarantine, but I'm watching the others closely and not feeling great about things. I waited too long and have had to remove a ton of affected leaves. Maybe I should just get rid of her, clean the hell out of the room, and cut my losses. I guess I could just put her outside. I'll have to think about this. Take care!

Wow! Lotta good stuff here BK. First, excellent job on holding off on watering the XXL. That is how it’s done, but as you have found the discipline doesn’t necessarily come easy. Keep that up. That’s excellent growth for day 9. And congratulations on the cola harvest on the SB. It’s sooooo good! Be patient and don’t rush the dry and cure! Great work by you!

Hey @Jon thanks for your always positive feedback! I chopped her 4 largest colas today at day 72. That's opened up the rest of the plant and I imagine I'll be chopping her soon. About half of the plant remains at this point.

I'm being patient, it's hot and rained a lot yesterday (finally) so the RH is around 70. Temps also 70-75 that's as good as I can do, they're hanging in the dark bedroom with the a/c running flat out. I've been very patient, all I've tried is the test bud from 5-6 days ago but I think I'll have to do more quality testing this afternoon lol!

Take care and I hope you have a great day!

I went to the local hydro store today and was looking at their drying racks. I've never liked the round mesh ones because the buds are lying on something. But they had this for $25. I've never seen one before and so far I like it. The clips are really strong, could probably hold an entire auto with one.

20220707_143035[1].jpg

20220707_143021[1].jpg

It's right up my alley there was no assembly required. Currently hanging about half of the Strawberry Banana. This will make partial harvests much easier for me. Two thumbs up :thumb: :thumb:

Good Morning! We're expecting more rain today and the RH has been close to 70 so it's been pretty good weather for me to dry the Strawberry Banana. The cola has been hanging for 3 full days now she's almost ready for trimming up.
I still haven't tried it except for a very good test bud last week.

What's left of the Strawberry Banana, day 73, flower 46. Don't tell her but this is probably her last full day alive.

20220708_093750[1].jpg

20220708_093809[1].jpg

I don't think I'll get 60g's from her but hopefully close to that.

Red Super Skunk day 61 flower 30. Ok she's only 10" tall but she's a budsicle. She'll be next to finish probably around 25 more days.

20220708_093959[1].jpg

20220708_094016[1].jpg

Blueberry Glue day 48 flower 27, 8" tall. She's just little. She's in a race to the bottom against @Jon's 24 Karat. I think I'm going to win.

20220708_094031[1].jpg

Forbidden Runtz xxl day 48 flower 25, 14". Since (hopefully) correctly diagnosing that she has leaf septoria (thanks @OGpapa) she's been massively defoliated. I've been trying to get every leaf with a spot on it but I'm not sure that's possible. She's still inside for now. Fate undetermined... I hate to give up on her because she's still got lots of potential.

Here she is a few days ago before I started defoliating:

20220701_091226[1].jpg

Here she is today, if it doesn't get any worse she'll be fine this is what all my plants normally used to look like.

20220708_093831[1].jpg

Cream Cookies day 29 flower 6. She'd probably be 10-11" if I hadn't tied her. I'm belatedly trying to employ @Emilya's transplant watering techniques, maybe I can coax a little more size from her.

20220708_093935[1].jpg

And last but not least my latest hope for a well-grown plant :yahoo:

Red Banana Berry XXL day 12. She's been inside yesterday and today, it's been nothing but clouds outside.

20220708_094047[1].jpg

@Jon, @Emilya, @Bill284 and @DYNOMYCO for the win!

20220708_094221[1].jpg

I'm going to prep her new home today using @Bill284's latest thread which I recommend to all soil and coco growers.

Bill's Current Journal

Layering instructions start here:

Bill's Layering Method

Thanks Bill!

Then I'm going to do everything @Emilya says in her great thread on watering a seedling in a large container. I wish I'd read this a year ago lol I think this has really been a problem for me.

How to Water a Seedling in a Final Container

Thanks Emmy!
Then I'll smoke something and chill :lot-o-toke:

@BubbaKush909 fingers crossed for the Forbidden Runtz! Live long little Charlie Brown tree! Your almost ready!!!
Thanks OG my fingers are crossed too. Know any organic fungicides safe to use on flowering plants? It's not stopping and I'm running out of leaves. Ugh.

Yesterday I prepped a 5gal square bag for the Red Banana Berry XXL. It holds as much soil as my 7gal round bags. I got a giant bag of coarse perlite the other day. It's prepped as @Bill284 describes. This is the first one that I pressed down the outside edges and built a mound in the middle. I was going to plant her on one side of the bag but I'd like to get one right first. I misted each layer with a kelp solution to activate the frass, bokashi and various myco's.

I had prepped a 5gal bag for her last week but I was worried it had too much frass so I dumped that one on the spent soil pile out back.

RBB day 12 in her new home.

20220708_154904[1].jpg

Here she is today, day 13 5", 4th node just emerging

20220709_125548[1].jpg

20220709_125542[1].jpg

I love when a new one is starting out before it all goes south :yahoo:

As I understand @emily's instructions, I've watered her enough so roughly the top half of the bag is now wet. Does that sound about right?

All help is welcome believe me. Thanks for visiting!

Back
Top Bottom