Black fly infestation smoke bomb cure? help

I am currently under attack by quite a bad black fly outbreak. I had this prob in the summer and after sterilizing the grow room with bleach and laying new plastic on floor they are back.

I read couple threads on this and see permethrin can help. However during my search I discovered something called the FUMITE SMOKE BOMB.

So my questions are 2:

1. Will this kill the black fly
2. Is it safe to use in the grow room?

My plants are relatively young, still in early stages of veg.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check out my grow https://https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/cultivators-coco-crop.158035/ if that will help u see the area i need to fix.

thanks

Black fly is an aphid at the end of the day, just a black coloured one. :thumb:

Well i had a look at that fumite smoke bomb, now if thats aviable over the counter i would be damn suprised.

As far as i am concerned that industral grade pesticide which requires PA1 & 6 qualification to purchase & to use (pesticide/herbicide industrial ticket)

If it is aviable over the counter, i hope your grow area is air tight if it is not i would vacate premise for 24 hours if ya going to use that in your own home...

As i'm sure this will come under COSHH - control of substances hazardous to health regulation also harmful substance for the resiporatory system if inhaled (lungs) could even be a skin irratant - eyes etc.

Been involved with many aspects of horticultural trade for nearly 18 years, you may like to find other permethrin based pesticide for the job tho - even tho it may leave a trace residue in your plant for a few weeks.

You may like to choose an organic subsitute or cultural method - squish by finger, concerntrated garlic juice - aphids don't like garlic, used it on a 2000 rose plant garden before works a treat.

OR washing up liquid / can get hortic extra thick version - 1 part washing up liquid to 5 parts water etc... this acts as mebrain over insects & suffercates the lil critters, i prefer ecover for this its organic washing up stuff.

Basically most non toxic / organic bug killers are an extra thick washing up liquid.

Have u tried lady bugs?

i recently got a hot shot no pest strip, u can get them at any home depot for like 8 bucks. it wiped out my gnat problem all together and is helping control spider mites. Check it out i bet it will wipe out those flys.

What is that mate? like a sticky thing u hang? I think there's too many for that, however i will hang them after ive destroyed the little bastards! They just appeared from nowhere so fast. They must be rapid breeders. I went through so much care to get my grow room spotless, i'm quite annoyed this has come about. Especially considering it winter and not so many bugs around at mo. I no the heat and humity and environment indoor growing is ideal for pests i just dont know how they got there!!!

I live in a very urban enviroment so would be hard to collect enough to resolve the issue. but if i see any spiders around the house i'll also add those to the garden.

If there Is a garden shop around ur area they might have ladybugs, thats where i get mine when there is none around.

lady bugs aren't fast enough for flys there good for aphids and help with spider mites. But are so amazing in action. You can find them and garden stores

But as for the no pest strip, it is actually like a clip on but a big one. There are designed for flying bugs. It releases a fume that kills bugs. Google it. look it up on this site in the search . People love it and people hate it. It is like any other pesticide you have to use it with care and follow directions. Don't go buying 3 of them and hang them in your room where you sleep 20 ft away from. But in my opinion, i would recommend checking it out.
Brand name is Hot shot - No Pest strip google it, it's worth checking out

Ordinary washing up liquid will do the job with a spray bottle will be just fine.

Heres a link for organic pest stuff worth a read - Green pesticide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At the moment i can not think of the name of industrial stuff, some other brand names are - Pest Off, Neem repel etc.

Oh ye i did notice that smoke stuff on ebay myself & found another hydro shop which stocks it also but i would certianly think twice before using it in my own home tho.

I'll Pm ya some links to UK hydro shops with stuff ya may like.

I'm sure Neem oil will come highly rated with a few of us also :peace:

Back
Top Bottom