Black Lips Bucket Basement

Re: Black Lips Bucket Basement....

Looks great Black, i will be watching.

Hows your control and res tanks setup if you dont mind me asking, looking into having a little stepup like that for mothers, always like to see different setups everyone does not have the same idea.

First off I would like to say thanks for the Comments and Rep....
THE WEED!
MOSTLY CRAZY!
OL HIPPY!
J.STROUSE
Big ups to you all thank you...
Ok sorry they update took so long... I have more pics but im going out for beers in ten min for a buddys b day, so ill finish tomorrow.... here is the room.. new light set up and organization.........

IMG_4079.JPG

Going 4 Green ill post pics and explain tomorrow..

Lookin really good man!

My only suggestion would be that if you set up one reservoir such as a garbage can that will feed a lines to each bucket. Use one out and then T at each spot to go to the buckets.

My good friend has literally close to the same setup but uses the trash can reservoir, he has a simple T valve to it. As for the lines he bought a drill and grommet set (aquarium lines). What that is, is you drill a small hole, insert a rubber grommet and push a fitting in then attach your hose. They are water tight and are not complex.

With this he simply mixes up all the nutes in the large trash can, then opens the valve and it runs to all the buckets. Its pretty pimp and will save you several hours of work.

Thanks Brewster.... Explain this a lil more please... I have been planning on making some thing similar... does he use a water pump? or just gravity? and is there an individual line to each bucket?

hope you dont mind Blackips but i had another question, you and brewster might be able to answer for me.

with the res,controll, and bubble bucket setup. Do you ever drain the the whole setup for a water change or just use the same water and change the PPM/EC to a new number for the water change, and if so how do you drain all the buckets just one drain T valve on the control?

with the res,controll, and bubble bucket setup. Do you ever drain the the whole setup for a water change or just use the same water and change the PPM/EC to a new number for the water change, and if so how do you drain all the buckets just one drain T valve on the control?
Going for green....
I dont have a control, all my buckets are individual reservoirs with a drip/bubble. The 1/4 tubing you see going to a from the buckets is air... to do a whole water change for the entire setup is tricky it takes four hands and prepared buckets with new nutes in them, its a swap style rez change..

oh no way, yea i would say a water change would be tricky

guess we are both trying to do the same thing then. will make water changes and adjusting allot easier.

Rock on Black and :goodluck:

img]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/IMG_4082.JPG[/img]

Birds eye.........new growth looks pretty good...

Thanks Brewster.... Explain this a lil more please... I have been planning on making some thing similar... does he use a water pump? or just gravity? and is there an individual line to each bucket?

Ok ill do the best I can.
Here are the grommets and fittings I was speaking of.
Tees, Ells, Connectors & Grommets

There is a main gravity(but you could use an inline pump) trash can with one line running out. Shortly there after the out it needs a on off valve. It needs (I use this loosely, you don't NEED, but I am impatient and anything to small will take awhile to drain at least on gravity) to be pretty large say 1", then you could T that once, then each of those once more because it looks like you kinda have a 4 row thing going on. From there you could step down the size to like 3/4" to save a bit o cash and at each bucket there would be a T fitting running directly into the bucket as the top portion goes to the next and so on. With these rubber grommets you just push the fittings in, thats it they are water tight and no need for trying to make some seal or using water sealant.

I don't know what you have as far as a drain set up. My friend has a place in his basement that is lower than the plants but he does have the plants raised a bit. He sets the trashcan in the lower area and opens the T valve and lets everything drain back in. But I suppose you could do whatever. If you had a reversible in line pump that would be the cats ass.

Hope this helps describe it a little further.

Here are my fine autistic talents at work
diagram3.jpg

do the best I can.
Here are the grommets and fittings I was speaking of.
Tees, Ells, Connectors & Grommets

There is a main gravity(but you could use an inline pump) trash can with one line running out. Shortly there after the out it needs a on off valve. It needs (I use this loosely, you don't NEED, but I am impatient and anything to small will take awhile to drain at least on gravity) to be pretty large say 1", then you could T that once, then each of those once more because it looks like you kinda have a 4 row thing going on. From there you could step down the size to like 3/4" to save a bit o cash and at each bucket there would be a T fitting running directly into the bucket as the top portion goes to the next and so on. With these rubber grommets you just push the fittings in, thats it they are water tight and no need for trying to make some seal or using water sealant.

I don't know what you have as far as a drain set up. My friend has a place in his basement that is lower than the plants but he does have the plants raised a bit. He sets the trashcan in the lower area and opens the T valve and lets everything drain back in. But I suppose you could do whatever. If you had a reversible in line pump that would be the cats ass.

Hope this helps describe it a little further.
thanks Brewster

I get it now, it's a modified hydro farms drip/air set up, cool man!

Right now I have 3 in flower in dwc with air stones in the buckets. They are drinking up to 2 gallons per plant per day... As mine eat, or just drink water my PH and ppm change.

I run AN also, it is somewhat stable with the way I'm doing it. I just wish I had more of a "water" buffer for them to just drink water and the nutes not get so dam high... I'm running 600-700 ppm right now 1/2 what AN tells ya...

I do weekly drains and the water is pretty cloudy at that point, I take clean ph water pour it thru the net cup to get out the salt buildup and I replace the water and nutes in the buckets it's a PITA! So I will be watching this grow!

I did however pick up a ebb-n-grow for the ease of one rez. It will be modded in a few ways to run right... :peacetwo: :goodluck: :popcorn:

I did however pick up a ebb-n-grow for the ease of one rez. It will be modded in a few ways to run right...
Nice very nice.. What type of modifications will you be making? I have a few in mind for my next ebb n gro set up

Im making some bubble hash now ... using a new dry wall stirrer and drill to mix with.. hopefully its a good yield... Ill post pics later

Fine looking trees you got there, blacklips! Wonderful set-up.

I noticed earlier in the grow that you trimmed the lower portion of the plants. Did you notice any slowing the the overall growth of the plant when you did that? I assume it was for better air flow and a concentration on the lights on top.

Fine looking trees you got there, blacklips! Wonderful set-up.

I noticed earlier in the grow that you trimmed the lower portion of the plants. Did you notice any slowing the the overall growth of the plant when you did that? I assume it was for better air flow and a concentration on the lights on top.

Thanks MOSTLYCRAZZZZY!HA
I trimm the bottom 3rd of the plants away, as well as the bottom 3rd of most of the bottom branches..This promotes the growth and strength to the top of the plant/branches,where the colas are..I only do this in vegg a few times. As for slowing of growth,I run 18/6 light sched in vegg. If i put a heavy heavy trimm on the ladies 2 hrs into their day they will look a lil droopy for 6-8hrs the Boom! they bounce right back and then they explode with new growth..
So yes I do it to promote air flow,to prevent those little popcorn buds that suck to trimm and smoke,and because i want my plant to look like trees! haha
check back later ill post some more pics

Back
Top Bottom