Blast from the past

Livingorganics22

420 Member
Hi all!
Cheers for stopping by!
I use to be on here a while back but gave it a break for a few years now back at it. So a little bit about my set up....

SIP's (sub irrigation planters) running organic soil that I ammend before the start of the run, supported by KNF inputs.
4X8 tent with 2 465w lumatek compact pro LED lights.
Environmental control using alot of the AC infinity get up controlling lung room and tent. I'm in an outside room so humidity at the moment is my worst nightmare.

Currently running 2 strains:
Mint Chocolate Chip OG by Humbolt
RS11 x High Chew by Clear water genetics.

Currently having to switch over from HID lights that I run in the winter to LED so excuse the strange picture. I flipped them to 12/12 last week stretch is in full swing and they are both doing very well! Mint Choc is a proper bush of a plant the rainbow Chews are a lovely structure very nice leaf to bud ratio. Looking forward to seeing how these turn out. Just need to get this RH down!

Cheers everyone!

20240215_184628.jpg

20240215_184654.jpg

IMG-20240215-WA0005.jpeg

Welcome back to 420 Magazine @Livingorganics22

Beautiful garden you have growing there.
What other strains have you grown?

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Hi all!
Cheers for stopping by!
I use to be on here a while back but gave it a break for a few years now back at it. So a little bit about my set up....

SIP's (sub irrigation planters) running organic soil that I ammend before the start of the run, supported by KNF inputs.
Environmental control using alot of the AC infinity get up controlling lung room and tent. I'm in an outside room so humidity at the moment is my worst nightmare.

Currently having to switch over from HID lights that I run in the winter to LED so excuse the strange picture. I flipped them to 12/12 last week stretch is in full swing and they are both doing very well! Mint Choc is a proper bush of a plant the rainbow Chews are a lovely structure very nice leaf to bud ratio. Looking forward to seeing how these turn out. Just need to get this RH down!

Cheers everyone!

20240215_184628.jpg

20240215_184654.jpg

IMG-20240215-WA0005.jpeg
Amazing garden, wow.:bravo:
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :welcome:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Hi all!
Cheers for stopping by!

Cheers everyone!

20240215_184628.jpg

20240215_184654.jpg

IMG-20240215-WA0005.jpeg

Welcome (back) to the community!

Do you notice any issues when switching between light types or do your plants just shrug it off?

Welcome back to 420 Magazine @Livingorganics22

Beautiful garden you have growing there.
What other strains have you grown?

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..
Hey brother thanks for the support I will get a Journal going next round I've got so much on atm it's not best timing although I will continue to document the change from HPS to LED on my other post topic thing over on LED lighting section.

Previous strains -
Barneys farm - purple punch, glookies, pineapple express.
Clear Water Genetics - Black Orchard, Gushers and Cream.
Green house seeds - WonderPie
That's what I can think of off the top of my head but been involved with growing for years!

I'll get a Journal going soon :)

I’m fascinated by the “gull wings” on/over the lights. Are those just reflectors or are there LEDs on that? If they are reflectors, what is the actual light source?
Heyup. Sorry bad pictures! So They are adjustable A wings that have a 600w HPS bulb. The other photo was after I had just swapped the one out for my LED both are done now :).

20240216_200836.jpg

Welcome (back) to the community!

Do you notice any issues when switching between light types or do your plants just shrug it off?
Heyup thankyou!
Good to be back!

This is the first time doing it and it's not ideal I wouldn't want to do it any later into flowering bbbuuutttt.... as soon as I put them in 2 hours later they were praying and very happy. Haven't seen anything negative yet but early to say. It will be half way through flower they start shooting Bananas knowing my luck!

LADY DOWN! WE HAVE A CASUALTY!

So the smallest of the clear water plants threw dicks out of nowhere!! Male flowers started shooting from the lowers under the canopy sneaky bitch. Smallest plant in the whole tent and didn't seem happy so it was good to keep an eye on it. Safe to say that got booted out the tent ASAP. One thing I'm getting frustrated with Clearwater water genetics is they are so bloody temperamental but when they work they are incredible. Gunna take a step back from Clear water and run some others for a while. I also think it's down to genetics being rushed and unstable before being put out to growers I can't remember the last time I had a full tent of the same pheno.

Anyways helps with lowering the humidity so every cloud!
I would also say that this was NOT down to the light change. These have been there from before the change.

20240217_193101.jpg

IMG_20240217_193836_663.jpg

IMG_20240217_192523_830.jpg

IMG_20240217_192557_357.jpg

IMG_20240217_192713_899.jpg

IMG_20240217_192804_852.jpg

IMG_20240217_192832_824.jpg

I also think it's down to genetics being rushed and unstable before being put out to growers I can't remember the last time I had a full tent of the same pheno

I believe you’re correct. If it was just the herm I would be cautious with blaming the breeder (I still would blame them as I wrote in your 12/12 post) but the fact that you’re getting more than 3-4 strong phenos is something the breeder can’t hide or blame on you.

Did the breeder indicate they were still stabilizing the genes, or did they pass it off as a stabilized line?

I would also say that this was NOT down to the light change. These have been there from before the change

I also would agree with this as well. That plant I believe is a true herm. It has both sets of reproductive organs at the nodes which usually indicates it’s in its genes. Typically a stress herm just shows stamens in the buds.

I believe you’re correct. If it was just the herm I would be cautious with blaming the breeder (I still would blame them as I wrote in your 12/12 post) but the fact that you’re getting more than 3-4 strong phenos is something the breeder can’t hide or blame on you.

Did the breeder indicate they were still stabilizing the genes, or did they pass it off as a stabilized line?
No idea unfortunately. Clearwater genetics I have found have a tight community and not alot share their findings and the breeders have hardly any information on each strain. I've run 2 previously and this is my third and everything that's come from the plants have been epic but phenos have always varied quite a bit.

END OF GROW DUE TO HERMIE PLANTS.

For what ever reason all of my clearwater plants hermied and I didn't catch it. They have now seeded the choc mint og and themselves. Gunna have to take down the entire grow and start the 2 week break down and sterilisation of the pollen.

F*k! Pissed me off so bad. The worst time to happen as well I've got no seeds no cuttings nothing lined up which means a massive delay. I cannot believe this has happened and the first time at this stage of the grow. Normally if I get a hermie trait it will be Bananas sticking out the flowers around week 6ish or something not right at the begining with proper male sacks.

Anyway I'm gunna sulk and get on with the clear down and try and recover with a bit of bubble hash. Bastards!

IMG_20240218_210146_063.jpg

IMG_20240218_211314_652.jpg

IMG_20240218_211426_309.jpg

20240218_211824.jpg

20240218_211855.jpg

20240218_212012.jpg

END OF GROW DUE TO HERMIE PLANTS.

For what ever reason all of my clearwater plants hermied and I didn't catch it. They have now seeded the choc mint og and themselves. Gunna have to take down the entire grow and start the 2 week break down and sterilisation of the pollen.

F*k! Pissed me off so bad. The worst time to happen as well I've got no seeds no cuttings nothing lined up which means a massive delay. I cannot believe this has happened and the first time at this stage of the grow. Normally if I get a hermie trait it will be Bananas sticking out the flowers around week 6ish or something not right at the begining with proper male sacks.

Anyway I'm gunna sulk and get on with the clear down and try and recover with a bit of bubble hash. Bastards!

IMG_20240218_210146_063.jpg

IMG_20240218_211314_652.jpg

IMG_20240218_211426_309.jpg

20240218_211824.jpg

20240218_211855.jpg

20240218_212012.jpg

Yeah dude, genetics. Those plants came out of the seed like that.

It’s super suspicious of a breeder to not divulge a lot of information. The breeder I use details the parents, the history, the phenos, everything. No selfing, no reversing, none of it. You won’t find fem or auto but you will find some of the best and most stable lines with all of the info you could want. I’ll send you a PM.

Back
Top Bottom