Fox Farms Ocean Forest
2 Gal Smart Pot
(2) 42 W - 6500k, (2) 42 W- 2700K
Small Clip Fan
70 to 80 Degrees
40% RH
Watering with Distilled Water every 3 days
Fertilizing with FoxFarms Trio every other watering

Started my first grow with some blue mystic auto-flower feminized seeds from nirvana. I started the first plant "mary" in some miracle grow soil and it stalled out after popping out of the soil for about two weeks. I replanted into foxfarms ocean forest after that and also germinated another seed in case the first plant didnt survive the replanting. After the replant Mary picked right up and started growing again. At about two weeks after the transplant she started to flower. The second seed I germinated "Jane" did much better starting off in the ocean forest and eventually started getting much bigger then Mary. Jane showed pistils around 14 days after sprouting. I am at week 6 (total 3 veg, 3 flower) on Mary and week 4 (2 veg, 2 flower) on Jane.

I have been watering with distilled water once every three days. I have been using foxfarms big bloom every other watering at 1/2 s starting at week 3. I have just started add 1/2s grow big to mix as well. Each time I add calmag and molasses to the distilled water.
Past the first two weeks when Mary was in the miracle grow I have not had any real problems. It looks like the miracle grow really stunted her future growth and she hasn't grown much more then 5 inches. Tricomes have started showing up nicely on her leaves so it seems like I will atleast get a small yield off of her. Jane has been getting super busy with a bunch of colas showing up. I have been tucking the major fan leaves under to get light to the main colas. I am hoping to bring both through 9 weeks flowering before harvest.

20121215_0020.JPG

grow room- home made light hood
20121215_0019.JPG

grow room- home made light hood
20121215_0018.JPG
20121215_0017.JPG

supplies

And here Mary is:
Mary_Day_24.JPG

Mary Day 24
Mary_Day_26.JPG

Mary Day 26
Mary_Day_28.JPG

Mary Day 28
Mary_Day_30.JPG

Mary Day 30
Mary_Day_33.JPG

Mary Day 33
Mary_Day_35.JPG

Mary Day 35
Mary_Day_37.JPG

Mary Day 37
Mary_Day_39.JPG

Mary Day 39
Mary_Day_41.JPG

Mary Day 41
Mary_Day_43.JPG

Mary Day 43

And here Jane is:
Jane_Day_15.JPG

Jane Day 15
Jane_Day_17.JPG

Jane Day 17
Jane_Day_19.JPG

Jane Day 19
Jane_Day_21.JPG

Jane Day 21
Jane_Day_23.JPG

Jane Day 23
Jane_Day_25.JPG

Jane Day 25
Jane_Day_27.JPG

Jane Day 27
Jane_Day_29.JPG

Jane Day 29
Jane_Day_32.JPG

Jane Day 32
Jane_Day_33.JPG

Jane Day 31

appreciate any input. thanks.

Re: Blue Mystic Auto Fem- CFL Soil- First Grow

Update- Switched to the full trio of FoxFarms Soil Ferts at 1/2 strength. Any thoughts on how much longer the smaller plant has left. It at day 47 now and most of the trichomes are cloudy, no amber yet thought, but she is getting pretty filled out? See photos below.

close_up_day_47.JPG

Mary Close Up- Day 47
close_up_day_47-2.jpg

Mary Close Up- Day 47
Mary_Day_47.JPG

Mary Day 47
Jane_Day_37.JPG

Jane Day 37

Lookin good ........:goodjob:

Took a sampling off Jane at day 50 yesterday. Quick dried in the toaster over at 110 degrees. Tasted real green, but it a was a good high. Planning to go to day 60. Starting to get some good amber tris. Did the first flush yesterday. Check the photos below and let me know what you guys are thinking.

Mary_Day_51.JPG
mary_51_close_up.jpg

Jane is blowing up right now. Starting to get a much stronger odor. Shes at day 41 now.

Jane_Day_41.JPG
Jane_main_cola.JPG

Any input on trimming back some of the fan leaves. I've heard different things reading online. It is incredibly bushy plant and there are some fan leaves way down towards the bottom that are really stretching to get out to the side. I'm thinking the plant should be spending that energy on buds instead. Appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks.

Wow, they are looking great~ Bushy ladies they are!! Not sure about defoliating the autos, but I would think it would be OK.

Looks good miracle grow does not have correct nutes for cannabis, ocean growth much different ,Jane looks good Mary suffered, may want to try tucking instead of trim I've had success with this method.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom