BluePhoric's Best Coco Grow Method: RQS Haze-Berry, Blue Dream

Hi. I harvested 1/2 of the plant yesterday, and the rest today.

I had one unpleasant surprise : BUD ROT.

I saw only one cola that was strange on the topmost part. It was very dry and the surrounding leaves too. I soon realized there was rot inside, so I chopped of parts of it until there was no more rot.

On the photo, it's the cola on the right/down. A good 1/3 or more of the cola was chopped of.

The rest of the colas do not look dry on the top, the leaves were healthy... I'm crossing my fingers that it did not propagate.

The colas are huge and very dense. I decided to try to dry them faster than usual, with plenty of wind blowing around.

Let me know if I should do anything to control the rot...

Here's the structure...

Thanks,
BP

Those buds look amazing. The big fat buds are definitely more prone to mold and rot. The couple of times I got bud rot, it was always in my biggest, fattest buds....it's heartbreaking.

They must be close to dry by now. How did it go?

Hey guys, sorry I'm not very active...

Started a new job recently. I'm leaving the IT/Programmer business.
Been self employed for 21 years... but I'm moving to other things.
I'm working one full time job and will be starting another part time job at the end of July.
I have 2 mobile video games in the works, well advanced... but I dont know when I'll be able to put some significative time on that.

Back to those buds...

Well, the colas were very very packed, but in the end, the buds were quite fluffy. And leafy.
Probably due to the sativa dom strain (80/20).

Anyway, the dry stuff (extra dry in fact) weight 220g. Probably would have weighted 300+ at my usual 52% RH in jars...

Bud rot : Absolutely no colas were affected except the single one I spotted at harvest.

Curing... well, this will obviously not cure well. It dried relatively slowly, at 65%+ RH for over a week. But it went fully dried into the jars.

I filled 5 1/2 mason jars (1Litre / quart) , and another one filled fil quality trim.

I vaped a few buds, but I cant really say how it is... you know, mixed with alcohol, specific effects get kind of blurry.
It seems similar to my white widow... not more potent I think, maybe a bit more sedative but not sure.
I'll have to experiment a solid high without alcohol to appreciate the effects fully.

BP

Back
Top Bottom