BMG Grow Journal

3 out of 5 plants turned out to be Male. 2 out of those 3 will be discarded. Currently 1 male and 2 unknown sex in the tent. The 2 males I have chosen to discard is pictured below. The plants haven't been watered since last Tuesday so that's why they're looking kinda thirsty. I'm definitely not getting my hopes up knowing that the odds are against me.

20240218_053052.jpg

InShot_20240218_053507134.jpg

I went to discard 1 of the males until I noticed that it did something different from the rest of the bleeders. When it's leaves we're plucked it started to bleed. I caught myself before killing the plant and had already cut 2 of 4 main branches on the plant. I put this plant back inside the tent to do breeding with as well. After this I wanted to check the plant that I was initially going to keep so I cut a top of the Male and it started to bleed profusely so I kept that 1 as well. I have 2 plants now that have yet to show sex and 2 that have that are both males.

20240218_203028.jpg

So I went to check the tent again and I have 2 Males, 1 Female and 1 unknown sex. 🙏 I was getting worried thinking as to "why am I doing all of this..what is all of this for" and didn't care too much to carry on with this grow because I was getting male after male after male and I ran out of these seeds so I knew I wasn't going to be able to get these again. I was going to have to take some time away if this didn't go as planned. I'm back on track and tired of dealing with the stress of this strain. I had limited seeds, some popped, some didn't, some I screwed up, and I was down to my last few plants trying to find a male and female. I can now relax my mind and enjoy the rest of this month worry free! Can't wait to move onto the next!

20240218_212042.jpg

I can cull these 4 Bloods that I messed up on now! I have an Autoflower seedling there too but that is just there because i was testing seeds and it popped and nothing of importance. 🙏

20240218_214309.jpg

The Autoflower that was being pollinated in the Autoflower Cabinet has been washed and placed into the flower cabinet to finish. If I do decide to pollinate her one more time it will be brought back into the Autoflower Cabinet for pollination.

20240218_214317.jpg

2 Males, 2 Females. I'll be using both males for this repro.

1st male
has vigorous sativa like growth. Bleeds profusely. First to show sex.

2nd male (I was about to kill)
Short, stocky, bushy, indica like growth, bleeds when cut or defoliating.

Both Females bleed.

Female 1 matches male 1
Female 2 matches male 2

I'm still a little shocked on how things played out with these 4 plants. The 2 males that look totally different from each other yet I was able to find 2 Females to match both male counterparts while working with very limited plants. I'm ecstatic right now and will be celebrating all the way until sunrise!

20240218_224809.jpg

20240218_224842.jpg

20240219_024935.jpg

I was asked earlier how I keep my seeds for long term storage. I remove all my seeds from original breeders packaging as soon as i get them. I fill a 0.5ml vial half way with rice, then I place my seeds in the vial and then cover it up with rice, screw on the top, then label and tape it shut so that no air leaks through. I then place them in black pouches and then vacuum seal them shut. When I am finished I put them all in a zip lock bag which goes in another black bag. Each black pouch contains 6 different lines which has its own purpose to why seeds were placed in what packs with what lines.

20240219_022149.jpg

20240219_022242.jpg

20240219_022604.jpg

20240219_022457.jpg

Trust the process 💚
🙏 smoking a blunt right now relaxing in my theater room watching t.v and picked up my phone to see what's up with 420mag and read that response from you just made me breathe a sigh of relief and smile. This was the only line in my collection that had me worried, thats why i decided to get it out of the way first. The rest is easy peasy from here on. Thank you for those kind words Pat. This whole process with this line made me feel like I was in a 12 round boxing match.

20240219_033218.jpg

This repro definitely took its toll on me mentally and physically. The odds were against me, my back was against the wall and I took a gamble. I threw all the chips on the table and risked loosing the line. I won't make the same mistake twice. 🙏

Decided to take the Carbon Filters off. And tape the holes with a piece of black cloth. when I installed the filters I left the plastic around them and was going to take them off when i was ready to use the filters but i never had a need to use them so I decided to take them off and put them away incase I would ever need them in the future.

20240219_211358.jpg

20240219_211440.jpg

20240219_211444.jpg

20240219_212208.jpg

You're very welcome for the kind words, brother. I recall doing my crosses and coming up with a bunch of junk. It just takes time sometime, and a great dose of luck never hurts. Trust your instincts when breeding. Listen to your gut because as far as I know there's no book written on it. All we have is an urge to continue a line, grow for free, make our own strain, and our instinct as to what we should be doing. At the risk of sounding like a good ball whack job...I believe something is guiding us in the process. I just don't know what "it" is. It's a pleasure watching you go through it. I love seeing males...in a totally straight horticulture kind of way. 😂

You're very welcome for the kind words, brother. I recall doing my crosses and coming up with a bunch of junk. It just takes time sometime, and a great dose of luck never hurts. Trust your instincts when breeding. Listen to your gut because as far as I know there's no book written on it. All we have is an urge to continue a line, grow for free, make our own strain, and our instinct as to what we should be doing. At the risk of sounding like a good ball whack job...I believe something is guiding us in the process. I just don't know what "it" is. It's a pleasure watching you go through it. I love seeing males...in a totally straight horticulture kind of way. 😂
I think you maybe right Pat!
These are the 7 archangels of "God". The 4 that are placed around the globe are Michael, Raphael, Ariel and Uriel to which they were ordered by "God" to each corner of the Earth, North, South, East and West to protect this world. All four are at their rightful positions.
20240220_034032.jpg

20240220_034345.jpg

20240220_034517.jpg

20240220_034055.jpg

20240220_034247.jpg

20231112_002352.jpg

I second that nocturnal idea. That's why I work the night shift. The shift differential doesn't hurt either. I love your globe and placement of the Angels. Pretty boss set up. It is quite a mixed bag here.

Back
Top Bottom