BMG Grow Journal

Pics of the Blood Males.
Male#1- Last 2 pics

20240220_192335.jpg

20240220_192411.jpg

20240220_192403.jpg

The Autoflower wants water everyday but that's an issue for me. She'll have to adjust to me, but I'm sure she'll fall right into place just as the one's before her fell right into line. It's a good way to build tolerance for drought resistance. 🙏

That's my defol from both female plants. These leaves were at the bottom of both plants and had started growing at the very beginning stages of vegetative growth. They were to close to the soil and were getting wet when watering. They really have no need for anything other than the vegetative stage so thats why they were pulled from the plant. Other than that leaves are tucked or positioned instead of defoliating.

20240220_235017.jpg

20240220_235037.jpg

I find myself fascinated by the Male species of this plant more than I am the females. I believe it's harder to find a good male plant than it is a female one. I can't choose between these 2 males they both have good traits they bring to the table so I'll use them both. The stars of this thread will definitely be the Males that are being used for breeding.

20240221_002722.jpg

I agree with you. There is something triumphant and uhh 🤔...just overall notable about a grand looking male in their prime. The males traits are also a determining factor for breeding, I agree.

I personally would look to their tightness of their anther clusters, overall structure, and smell/terpene profile when selecting my males.

To determine the males scent I would rub their stalks and smell my fingers. That actually is one of my favorite past times when growing. 🤣

Nothing Special here..it's just a Very Old Hawaiian that bleeds when cut. I got these seeds from "Controversial" Pak before he was offended by people on the forums and started ripping people off. I dare anyone to place an order now. I bet you he won't send em.

20240222_012311.jpg

20240222_012252.jpg

Came home from work and the Males have some heat stress! 😩 have to be better on reminding my better half to open up the tent when im not home. The heat has me in a bind for the Males because the tent is in a closet in my Theater room and that space gets very cold in the winter without the heat on, it makes it very hard to enjoy. I have to try and find a good middle ground for both myself and the plants to live well together. As weird as it may sound it feels like their a roommate at times.

20240224_012654.jpg

I see what ya talking about. The serrations are a touch curling up, but it ain't too bad. I have done worse. 🤣 Really nice green they have. You take very good care of your plants.
Yeah I was relaxing about to go to bed after seeing the males and was like let me go check on the girls first and then I open the cab and I'm like awww F%#k. So I hurried up and ph some cal mag and threw it in there just to get them wet. I'll have to feed them in the morning.

20240224_023915.jpg

20240224_024845.jpg

Yup, that's about my worst. They're limp but not crinkled and cooked. They should be fine. These plants are pretty darned resilient to our inadvertent abuse. Hoping the best for ya, bro. I know they're going to survive and be okay. Maybe just lose a few leaves. They defo hit their dry cycle.

Yeah I was relaxing about to go to bed after seeing the males and was like let me go check on the girls first and then I open the cab and I'm like awww F%#k. So I hurried up and ph some cal mag and threw it in there just to get them wet. I'll have to feed them in the morning.

20240224_023915.jpg

20240224_024845.jpg
Pot looks abit tight also i get it that your just doing breeding man they suck up the water during this stage.

I fell into a little dilemma because I wanted to cross pollinate the auto with the photo and vice versa but ended up with only 1 female and male auto witch I took to the next gen because they automatically flowered way before I went into flower with the photos looking for bleeders. I'll be collecting pollen from this run to apply to a Auto and putting a female Photo aside to pollinate with the Auto pollen I have stored in the freezer.

Collected some vials of pollen and put a female inside the Male tent to be pollinated.
My wife is giving me a choice on wether I want to get a full seed line OR place an order with Amazon for grow stuff... I choose Amazon because there's still a few things I need such as Cloning gel, more pots, saucers et . I don't know why but I have a niche for planter pots, I like the nice ones and they are not cheap especially to get ones durable enough to last a long time if kept well.
I was thinking to upgrade to 2 gal pots so that it would buy me an extra day or two while I was at work but then again I think about medium and nutes, if I'm watering more frequently that means I'm using more nutrients if I go with more medium I use more space, amendments and water. I'm still trying to see where my best bet will be in order to save the most money in the future while using less water and nutrients. I came home Thursday and was going to feed but was tired and just ph'd some water to keep the plants from drying out.

20240302_132008.jpg

🤔 I would lean more on the "janky" side when I was growing. I went to the dollar store and bought a ton of their plastic trash cans and drilled holes in the bottom. Those were my pots. I would make my own medium with sphagnum peat moss and perlite. Peat moss comes in acidic so I would use garden lime to neutralize it. My nutes of choice were organic amendments (Down to Earth). I was and am always busy, so I didn't have time for feeding like that. The veggies would eat up my fertilize time every other week. I crafted my own super soil. It has quick and slow release nutrients and would feed through an entire outdoor grow season. I am not quite sure if that was the fiscally sound approach given the cost of the amendments. 😂 It sure kept me free to do other things. I couldn't imagine chasing pH and have mad respect for you growers who do. My grow approach I guess was borderline "neglect". 🤣

Back
Top Bottom