BMG Grow Journal

There is a ton I could say regarding breeding. Did the phenos lean more to photo? The auto trait is recessive when paired with photo. That entails my urge to speak heavily on the matter. The auto just made the off spring very sensitive and almost impossible to keep as a bonsai. The slightest light change and they would want to flower again. Only a full 24 hour would reveg them.

When pairing strains it's all about what is recessive and what is dominant. Leaf shape, trichome production, bud size, structure, and terpenes all come down to if they are dominant or recessive. Color of the plant even. Gregor Mendell did great work regarding such matters, and obviously there's the punnet (?) square. Jorge Cervantes says it just isn't that easy to determine.

20240204_022223.jpg
Is that a toothpick man?!

I hope I'm not messing up someone's post, I have a question, so if it's an 'unknown ruderalis' does that mean the father is unknown?
Questions are welcomed! Maybe you might have had the same question as someone else who was hesitant to ask. For example when i see Gg#4 x Unknown Ruderalis I would assume that the ruderalis used is unknown to the breeder at the time or that they may have wanted to keep that information private from the public for whatever reason.

To be honest I was not to satisfied with the quarter gallon pots when I purchased them for the autoflowers being that I had made a mistake when ordering the quarter gallon pots thinking that they were the half gallon pots. With that mistake it has affects on yeild and growth by 6-12 inches. As with the bad comes the good and I do see a positive in having the quarter gallon pots for the autoflowers such as they flower quicker, easy to manage, less soil and nutrients etc.
Is it something that would make me go and purchase the half gallon pots? I would say No because the give and take here for my particular situation would be saving money by using less medium, nutrients and water compared to having a slightly bigger plant that usues a little extra of everything else for a slightly larger yield.

There is a ton I could say regarding breeding. Did the phenos lean more to photo? The auto trait is recessive when paired with photo. That entails my urge to speak heavily on the matter. The auto just made the off spring very sensitive and almost impossible to keep as a bonsai. The slightest light change and they would want to flower again. Only a full 24 hour would reveg them.

When pairing strains it's all about what is recessive and what is dominant. Leaf shape, trichome production, bud size, structure, and terpenes all come down to if they are dominant or recessive. Color of the plant even. Gregor Mendell did great work regarding such matters, and obviously there's the punnet (?) square. Jorge Cervantes says it just isn't that easy to determine.
That's awesome news! I have intentions to shorten the flowering times of some landraces Ive collected over the year's.

🫣 Figured id give you guys a little sneak peak on what's to come a little later on in this thread. I won't be answering any questions about this particular post or the plant pictured below, but just know that these photos were not photoshopped or edited. I'll be answering questions about this post when the time is right. 🤫 😉

Screenshot_20240205_162945_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240205_162937_Instagram.jpg

Yeah I got questions. I had a plant that did a tiny bit of this. No where near the amount that has. Variegated? The one bud that had a touch of that was just weird. I am totally curious how the quality is of this plant. The lack of chlorophyll would make me assume it is challenged, but it looks totally happy.

This an Auto Malawi x Northern Lights from Ace Seeds and she's not your typical "Autoflower" so to say, she's different than a lot of the other Autoflowers on the market today. She's 1 out of 3 seeds from a pack of 3. She's the only Feminized line in my collection. The cool thing about this little girl is that she has 0% Ruderalis genes in her genetics. The Northern Lights that was used for this Auto Malawi x Northern Lights cross was selected for its naturally occurring autoflowering trait and potency. The Northern Lights was an already established strain in itself and was not tainted by Ruderalis genetics (this is why Ace Seeds used the Northern Lights when creating and moving forward with their Autoflowering line). It was then crossed to a Malawi, selected and worked into an Auto up to f4-f5. As cool as the Northern Lights selection Ace Seeds made for this cross was their choice of selecting a very potent Malawi landrace to reverse and pollinate with. My plans for these Auto Malawi x Northern Lights is to pollinate one with a Purple Autoflowering male. When I start my Malawi seed run I will then be selecting a male from the Malawi line and crossing it back to a Auto Malawi x Northern Lights. Since I was a little careless with this girl, I ordered another pack of Auto Malawi x Northern Lights since I only have 2 seeds left. You'll see me from time to time pop a few of these further on in this thread.

20240205_225333.jpg

The Purple Auto male that I am using is an Anvil. I was gifted these seeds from a friend. The line has True Hermaphrodites that pop up every now and then from time to time (meaning Hermaphrodites that display early on during the preflowering stage both pistils and pollen sacs) so in respect for the breeder I will not be referring to them as "Anvil autos" anymore, I will be referring to them as "Purple Autos" for the time being. That being said, I am working with this line in order to fix it by selecting Male and Female plants while discarding the Hermaphrodites.

20240206_033939.jpg

Waiting for these Blood seedlings from Pua Mana Ohana to catch up with the rest so that I can determine and select bleeders from the non-bleeders before I begin flowering. 5 bleeders so far and 4 seedling Bloods that have yet to be determined.

20240206_035422.jpg

1 Purple Auto seedling and 3 Blood Non-Bleeders in the flowering tent. Waiting to determine sex of these plants. Males will be discarded and females will be flowered along side thir Bleeding counterparts.

20240206_035734.jpg

The light bulb for the seedling cabinet had went out the same day the heat mat had arrived and it's kinda tough right now for the seedlings being that the light is so far away due to other plants being at different stages of growth. I'll have to place an order for another light bulb. I was thinking for awhile of updating my ph pen eventhough I really dont need one but the reason why is because the one I have now is about 8-9 years old. This ph pen has definitely held it down for me for the last 9 years but I feel like it's time for an update. Ac Infinity is killing the market right now in the indoor growing scene and I think I'll be ordering my next pen from them. I'll still be using my hm pen for now until I feel like it's time to switch.

20240206_184726.jpg

20240206_184854.jpg

Wed-Fri is my work week and I'm quite excited about going back to work smoking a blunt and bullshitting the whole time I'm there doing absolutely nothing all while getting paid for it! (I love my job!) 🫡 🤣 Anyways I waterd the plants late Tuesday night so that should hold them over until Saturday morning. Roots seems to be pruning themselves with these pots and it looks pretty cool.

20240206_233311.jpg

Back
Top Bottom