BMG Grow Journal

I enjoy seeing your patience and perseverance to the end goal. Making a personalized seed line is no simple undertaking. Keep up the good work, brother.

Are you going to keep a bonsai mother or father to back breed to? This is what they call back crossing. It stabilizes the seed line as it reinforces the traits you find desirable. Seems a touch incestuous, but from my limited research applied to breeding it is beneficial.

My bonsai (and growing) days are behind me right now. I enjoy watching and living vicariously through your adventure.
Definitely is time consuming 🙏. I do not have any intentions in keeping mother or father plants around for backcrossing right now because im afraid it would sidetrack me from preserving the lines and quickly or as quick as the plant allows to move onto the next line. I have so much cool stuff that I'd like to backcross or cross but time and space is not on my side. I looked through my collection throughout the year's and have selected about 16 or 17 strains that have priority over the rest and since no one knows what tomorrow may bring they come first and then the rest of my collection can be prioritized on what shall be preserved and in what order. There's really no time to play with backcrossing or crossing because I'm always moving onto the next in line. The only crossing that i will be doing for now is amongst Photoperiods to Autoflowers and vice versa.

Separated the Male a female autos to let them do there thing.

20240203_202527.jpg

This Auto Malawi is definitely something different. I have never seen such narrow leaves on an Autoflower ever. Very impressed so far and this is just the beginning. I got over zealous and she got a little burnt but nothing too bad that would effect its growth.

20240203_202425.jpg

Oh hey so autoflowers can be males too? I did not know that. Damn, I thought all autos were automatically females.
....This changes everything....
Yes, you can Google "Regular Autoflower Seeds" and you should be able to find what you are looking for, as for myself I was gifted mine from a friend. If you scroll back a few pages you'll see some pics of the male autoflower i was working with last round.

Oh hey so autoflowers can be males too? I did not know that. Damn, I thought all autos were automatically females.
....This changes everything....
And when you cross an auto flower with an auto flower you get more auto flowers
My first one dropped seeds & they came up by themselves the next year
So, if you can find some regular autos grab them

And when you cross an auto flower with an auto flower you get more auto flowers
My first one dropped seeds & they came up by themselves the next year
So, if you can find some regular autos grab them
Well that's great info cuz now I gotta be sure that I'm buying auto fems, cuz I kinda wanna keep my box boy free. :rollit:

I had hundreds of dollars worth of fem seeds purchased from top breeders that I just gave away and the reason why is because the only way to really preserve a line and not dilute or pollute it is with regular seeds from that line that produce both Male and Female plants. Having only female plants is nice but knowing that you may never get to truly preserve that line if you like it and that at some point further down the generations of that line plants will become sterile which makes no sense to me in keeping an S1 or even Fems if I don't have a true male from that line to preserve it with.
Another reason why I don't purchase or collect feminized lines is because I believe it supports the big commercial businesses and would encourage and assist the Government in approving sanctions to regulate growers with set limitations on how many seeds are allowed to be purchased and grown as we see currently with the amount of plants people can and are allowed to grow in the United States, especially it being a feminized line it would force the consumer to return back to the point of purchase for more seeds . If your not forced to buy the genetics over again you have one more choice and that is the use of chemical agents in order to reverse the plants sex so that it could produce feminized pollen since the consumer is not able to produce the seeds or pollen naturally i.e with a true male and female plant. Eventually study shows the plant will become sterile by producing plants with pollen sacs with little to no pollen. The pollen becomes sterile further and further down the line you go, leaving the consumer with no other option but to repeat the process in making another purchase. At some point if not already i believe the Government or even Breeders will be able to incorporate and introduce the "Terminator" gene into genetics causing cannabis seeds from those seeds that was sold and grown to be sterile in the next generation. I just recently purchased and am working with 1 feminized line right now and will be pollinating that with a suitable Male but have no other interest in working with feminized lines at the moment or future than what I'm doing right now.

Back
Top Bottom