BooMs AutoPot Grow Journal

Backlipslide said:
Very cool to have a mated pair. The wife and I bred convict cichlids, guppies (but I mean, a monkey can breed guppies),Pimelodus pictus, we attempted frontosas, but didn’t invest enough time into it, so we got ride of the six we had and bought 6 baby snakeheads instead. we were super close at breeding a pair of snakeheads but was forced to downsize their tank to less then half of what they had. The female ended up descaling the male and ultimately killing him. It would have been nice to keep them in the 120 gal, but couldn’t. That’s when we shut our last tank down.

Yes, yes it is! Even fresh water the time it takes in maintaining it is ridiculous!

Hell yes it is expensive! The wife and I always joked around, saying it would be cheaper take up smoking meth for a hobby instead. It’ll be cheaper! :laughtwo:

They haven't produce any fry in a long time...probably not happy that the corals are gone :p

Sounds like you and your wife had a nice collection, I just looked up what a snakehead is and man do they look crazy...I wouldn't be sticking my hands in there if they weren't timid.

I sometimes have a desire to restart, but then I think of all the headaches, smoke a joint and forget all about it :laugh:

They haven't produce any fry in a long time...probably not happy that the corals are gone :p

Sounds like you and your wife had a nice collection, I just looked up what a snakehead is and man do they look crazy...I wouldn't be sticking my hands in there if they weren't timid.

I sometimes have a desire to restart, but then I think of all the headaches, smoke a joint and forget all about it :laugh:
That’ll do it!

haha yeah, they were an aggressive lil 6 baby fish. One time we went two weeks over our weekly water change because they were little pitbulls! Latch on to your arm and twist and pull!

I eventually found a pair, got rid of the rest and the two calmed down a lot. It was a fun hobby! Our tanks were supremely clean. We used the 120 as a wall separating our kitchen to living room.

@BooMtoLate sorry dude! Not trying to hijack your journal! I’m just super passionate about fish! :cheesygrinsmiley: :passitleft:

but I got rid of it
Face palm! Lol

that’s why we held onto the 120 gal. was the goal all along, is to have that built into a wall, separating two rooms. It worked well in our small apartment. On the second floor! Hahaha we had a 120, 55, 46 bow front, a 20, and a 10 gal all going at the same time. I felt bad for the lady below us.

yeah, snakeheads have been voted top 5 most aggressive fish in the world by river monsters. They’re actually illegal to own in Canada now, and most of the states. I’ll post picture if I can find them, and if @BooMtoLate doesn’t mind.

If you get back into it @Backlipslide we’ll start a thread to discuss our hobby.
Ya dude! It’s a lot of work but the pay off is worth it. I was thinking of starting up our 46 once I stop growing for a bit.

it's not popular anyways
:(That makes me sad.
it’ll get there buddy! Your only on page 4! For most members that’s 10 minutes to get caught up with! People will soon be here!:high-five:

Nice, freshwater or salt? If your worried about maintenance, bigger aquariums are easier to care for but more expensive.
Absolutely! I agree with that 100%
Salt is more expensive to start out, but a bit easier with maintenance, fresh is cheaper to start out, but more intensive on water changes and maintenance.

IMG_20200126_093139567.jpg
IMG_20200126_093121695.jpg

Mazar x Great white shark
A few years back, I bought a three pack of seeds while the wife and I were on holidays on the island. The strain was called great white shark. I never was able to truly grow it out, because of my lack of know how at the time. Always wish I wouldn’t have used those for my guinea pigs, oh well! I look forward to seeing your awesome lineup in action!

Back
Top Bottom