Brand New Grower In Need Of Help

BigGuy97

420 Member
Hello everybody, I'm growing, or ATTEMPTING to grow a single high CBD - No THC plant to learn for future grows. I quit my anti-depressant cold turkey and this CBD flower I buy at my local CBD shop here in Indiana is the only thing that had made this switch successful! :)

Could someone with experience maybe give me a couple ideas on why my plant looks like this? It is 14 days old now.

My set up:
4 cubic foot box with paper hung as reflectors.

2 60watt 5500k CFL lights

Approximately 1 1/2 quart pot

Expert Gardener potting soil with Pete Moss, permalite, etc..

I only water when the soil is dry to my second knuckle. I keep the temps between 70 and 80 degrees. No humidity control yet.

Leaves are curling up and it seems like this plant should be a LOT bigger at 14 days..

Attachments

• 20190507_122003.jpg
    20190507_122003.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 20190507_121949.jpg
    20190507_121949.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 93
Welcome to 420 and the growing game.
I’ve never a soil grower so this is just a guess someone will chime in I’m sure, but seems like there’s a lot of debris in you soil. May or may not be the issue.

When asking for help you need to have as much info as possible.
What nutrients if any.
Height of light. So on and so forth.

What I think I’m seeing is maybe a Mold issue on the leaves but it’s hard to tell from your picture. Also looks like the leaves are crispy. Again hard to tell from the picture. Just my opinion. I am in no way an expert.

Someone else will come with answers and I may even learn something new lol.

I would purchase a small hydrometer just to be sure you’re on point with humidity.
You may also need a small humidifier to help control it.

Here are the numbers I go by.

Night temp: 70-75F/24C, 50-60% RH
Day temp: 75-80F/27C, 55-65% RH

I’d recommend reading over @Emilya How To water properly write up. There’s a wealth of good information there for you.

You might also check your water source to be sure it fits your grow. PH is a controversial subject around here, so I’ll keep my opinions to myself, and point you to @InTheShed write up on PH. 6.2-6.5 happens to be the sweet spot for me, but it’s all in the medium and water source your using. Both articles are in their profile signatures.

Welcome to the stress of raising a weed. Lol! They are one of the most temperamental plants I’ve ever raised.

Try not to get overwhelmed with the information and think logically about what you’re doing to plant.

I’m a newbie myself, but this is the spot for good debate, and superb research.
Always research outside of the forum on your own. I’m finding that you’ll have to try your own ways, and find out what works best for you and your plants. Especially when not going with “run of the mill” grows.

Good luck!

A seedling in a pot that big shouldn't need water for at least a week or more if the soil was ever watered thoroughly. That size plant needs a tiny amount of water right down the stem and then a bit more about 2" diameter out to encourage the roots to grow outward.

There are nutes in that soil (even though they're mild), and I prefer a growing medium with nothing in it at all, as sprouts don't need food until the cotyledons turn yellow, or you see some of the early true leaves start to get lighter green (whichever comes first).

What strain is it?

Thank you guys alot. I used Alaska Fish Fertilizer already too.. Just transplanted it into fresh soil with no water and I won't use nutrients until later on.. maybe it overdosed a little. If it doesn't come back I'll ditch it.

Back
Top Bottom