Need help

Kayohgzz

420 Member
image.jpg

Wats going on with my plant? I trimmed leaf because it was burnt but I managed to save other leave. I feel she still growing pretty decent after 14 days from sprout. Any pointers or suggestions
Temp 72-78f Rh 38%-62%
Light now 4ft frm plant, was 3 but it was too much nd I can’t dim
Fish fertilizer for nute 5-1-1

Welcome aboard.

Once more of the group gets a chance to see your message some help should start to show up. We gotta remember that there are people from all over the world and some of them are just waking up or are just now getting home from work and all that sort of stuff.

It helps if you do not remove or trim the leaves until the group can figure out the problem the plant is having.

Many problems are diagnosed by seeing the difference between color of the trouble spot as compared to the natural green in the leaf. And sometimes the shade of green helps to figure out what is happening.

Also the location of the problem on the leaf gives clues. Even being able to see where the problem leaves are located on the plant can be a clue.

I know that some of them are going to want to know more about what is happening on your end of things. What are you using for soil? Is it something you mixed up yourself or something you bought? People will want to know how old the seedling is so what day did the seed sprout? Is the fish fertilizer the only nutrients you have used so far?

those cardboard cups often don't break down bottling the roots and suffocating the plant.
would have to know more about your media and watering etc for anything further.

Welcome aboard.

Once more of the group gets a chance to see your message some help should start to show up. We gotta remember that there are people from all over the world and some of them are just waking up or are just now getting home from work and all that sort of stuff.

It helps if you do not remove or trim the leaves until the group can figure out the problem the plant is having.

Many problems are diagnosed by seeing the difference between color of the trouble spot as compared to the natural green in the leaf. And sometimes the shade of green helps to figure out what is happening.

Also the location of the problem on the leaf gives clues. Even being able to see where the problem leaves are located on the plant can be a clue.

I know that some of them are going to want to know more about what is happening on your end of things. What are you using for soil? Is it something you mixed up yourself or something you bought? People will want to know how old the seedling is so what day did the seed sprout? Is the fish fertilizer the only nutrients you have used so far?
Okay and noted I’m learning as I go
Soil is miracle grow performance organic
And yes fish fertilizer is the only nute I used
Soil ph unknown water ph unknown

those cardboard cups often don't break down bottling the roots and suffocating the plant.
would have to know more about your media and watering etc for anything further.
I figured so before even adding soil in (peat moss cup) I went full on Jason and poked holes all through out roots where hanging out some holes before repot
As for watering I dnt have a fixed schedule I just water when it’s light weighted so maybe every 3-4 day
I added nutes after repot and nutes did come in contact with leaf

Okay and noted I’m learning as I go
Soil is miracle grow performance organic

it's a bit of a toss up as that is not a cannabis specific soil. it also is to be used in tandem with a miracle gro nutrient system. you're charting an unknown path.

are you gonna be indoor or outdoor ?

And yes fish fertilizer is the only nute I used

you may need something more complete if indoor.

Soil ph unknown water ph unknown

it may not be needed in that system if it's been amended.

image.jpg

Wats going on with my plant? I trimmed leaf because it was burnt but I managed to save other leave. I feel she still growing pretty decent after 14 days from sprout. Any pointers or suggestions
Temp 72-78f Rh 38%-62%
Light now 4ft frm plant, was 3 but it was too much nd I can’t dim
Fish fertilizer for nute 5-1-1
Hey @Kayohgzz hope you are having a nice day.
Welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:
If you get a chance say hi and meet everyone. :ciao:
Also here is a link to start a journal so we can follow along and help.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

I was thinking the same thing as far as a nute splash. However, it looks like there's water on a leaf or 2 now. Shake any water or nutes from the tops of the leaves or the light & water combo will cause burnt leaf spots. You only need to feed the underside of leaves if Foliar Feeding.

those cardboard cups often don't break down
I haven't used them, but it sounds like a legitimate concern. I start my seedlings in little 2" plastic pots, and from there they graduate to a 1 gal. pot. Just need to be very gentle in the handling.

Fish fertilizer is way too potent for a little seedling so I'm not surprised you had leaf burn. You need a more gentle nutrient to start out with.

And those cups should be peeled away before planting as they will tend to wick moisture up and out before the plant can use it. At this point I'd probably just add enough soil to cover those exposed edges to help mitigate that issue.

Those cups can also produce root issues like circling which can stunt the plant.

All that said, it still looks pretty good. :thumb:

those cups should be peeled away before planting as they will tend to wick moisture up and out before the plant can use it. At this point I'd probably just add enough soil to cover those exposed edges to help mitigate that issue.

Those cups can also produce root issues like circling which can stunt the plant.

I hate those things. Every time I get a (food crop) plant from one of the local sellers, I always get them as wet as I can (soaking) and tear them apart. I figure that, even with the root or two that always gets torn in the process, I'm still better off. I wish they'd forbid companies from using peat.

Fish fertilizer is way too potent for a little seedling so I'm not surprised you had leaf burn. You need a more gentle nutrient to start out with.

I'm thinking... none at all.

miracle grow performance organic

If that stuff is the same as "Miracle-Gro Performance Organics All Purpose Container Mix" that I just looked at, even the people at the company - who want you to purchase their nutrient products - tell you, on the product's web page, to consider starting a regular feeding program... 30 days after planting. They also state that the product has "plant food included in the soil that feeds up to 3 months."

I didn't investigate enough to learn whether that's merely the usual N-P-K stuff. Might be, it could benefit from some of the micronutrient stuff, IDK. <SHRUGS> But that's neither here nor there; my point is that you should not need to add nutrients to a bucket full of soil that is already spiked with nutrients of some sort... and only has a plant growing in it that, at present, looks like it isn't going to consume as much as a little bit of grass would. Try just giving it water for now. Speaking of which, can someone post a link to Em's watering threads? I'm thinking they might help the OP until he (she?) can figure out how to find some of the basic information available here on the forum.

Er... This FAQ megathread of links might be a useful place to start (although it's a bit dated, here and there) :

I hate those things. Every time I get a (food crop) plant from one of the local sellers, I always get them as wet as I can (soaking) and tear them apart. I figure that, even with the root or two that always gets torn in the process, I'm still better off. I wish they'd forbid companies from using peat.

I'm thinking... none at all.

If that stuff is the same as "Miracle-Gro Performance Organics All Purpose Container Mix" that I just looked at, even the people at the company - who want you to purchase their nutrient products - tell you, on the product's web page, to consider starting a regular feeding program... 30 days after planting. They also state that the product has "plant food included in the soil that feeds up to 3 months."

I didn't investigate enough to learn whether that's merely the usual N-P-K stuff. Might be, it could benefit from some of the micronutrient stuff, IDK. <SHRUGS> But that's neither here nor there; my point is that you should not need to add nutrients to a bucket full of soil that is already spiked with nutrients of some sort... and only has a plant growing in it that, at present, looks like it isn't going to consume as much as a little bit of grass would. Try just giving it water for now. Speaking of which, can someone post a link to Em's watering threads? I'm thinking they might help the OP until he (she?) can figure out how to find some of the basic information available here on the forum.

Er... This FAQ megathread of links might be a useful place to start (although it's a bit dated, here and there) :
BEWARE !!!! used Miracle-Gro Organic and got a soil full of nats/gants this soil affected all plants and really became a issue, use "stick" ads - fly trap (coil) did help make them (traps) turn black with the little critter

Back
Top Bottom