Breaking Brix: Buck's DIYs

I see an HK on the pot wooooooo!!

The other 2 are in solo cups. Man, those cherry vanilla cookies seeds were fresh, they popped within few hours. I can see a difference with fresh seeds already. Thanks for turning me on to them.

Thought about getting some alien rift or Jedi og, but I need to grow some of what I have 1st lol

With the amare 450 we pulled 14 oz with one plant. It is 6 cobs with some monos around them. I could see a lb easily with cobs.

LEDs may finish sooner but using docs kit they usually finish 1 - 2 weeks passed the breeder times so it might even out.

Seems like the right combination of the cobs and monos works extremely well. That's why I'm adding some. Looking forward to seeing what that Perfect Sun Cob light will do. For the $, seems like great deal for the area it covers.

Picked up some din rail for my build, it's real cheap on eBay. I lucked out and got this at work
420-magazine-mobile296581174.jpg

Now I'm waiting on fuse holders, won't ship till the 24th, damn zon

Sweeeet. I want to run some Dynasty regs so bad I can spit....BUT I need em to be fems so sending them off early like you to be tested is exactly what I need to do. with a small grow space, I can't afford to grow for 60 days only to end up figuring out I have dudes.

Please do post the process and results!

Thanks bro. You probably figured out already but I just figured out you and Duggs are both electricians.

If you have access to 3-phase, that would be ideal, 277v. I put 100a sub panel just for my grow, but I'm still running 120v to lights. Not much gain unless you have warehouse full of lights, but then you would have 480/277, that is where you'll see the jump in efficiency and save $. I thought about coming from breaker to control box with 240, have all drivers on 30amp breaker. But it doesn't save anything on electric bill, your still pulling same # of watts

Hey bedroom, don't pay any attention to pic with resistor in the beginning. I took the pic, but it's not correct way to use resistor, it needs to be in series on negative side of dimmer leads if anybody uses resistors. I posted the pic and forgot about correcting it
Yeah you'll only pull like 30 watts per driver that way lol I put my resistors on the positive leads though, should I switch it to the negative? I used Wago's in case I had to change anything so it'd be a quick fix lol

Here's the girls after getting sprayed down with leaf wash. Thanks doc, this stuff seems to be working way better than what I've been using, and zero stress on the plants. They seem happier after getting the spray.
420-magazine-mobile237768787.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1628276972.jpg
420-magazine-mobile53730492.jpg
420-magazine-mobile243900827.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1879783040.jpg

I wish I could of sprayed at lights off, had to do it 10 mins before lights on, but I opened tent and have 6 big fans blow drying them

420-magazine-mobile1965131652.jpg

About to get all my materials in. Still waiting on few items. Hopefully by this weekend will be able to start. Going to get frame bolted up and pre-drilled. Then disassemble and maybe paint. Since I'm planning on this light to run for next 10 years, I thought I should paint it. Might paint it orange, or whatever is on sale lol. This control box is bigger than my last, only going to use 3 ac display meters, one for each cob driver, and one for he 3 drivers for the Chil boards. Still haven't heard back from few people about digital controllers. So I went ahead and ordered the one that matches my boards, be able adjust each color in 1% increments and has ton of safety protection built in. It's costly but worth it for long run.

I have 2 heatsinks that I can use to mark my holes on frame, I just hope when time comes to switch over that they still line up. Got to do some calculations to see if it would really be much better to run drivers at 240v instead of 120v. It will still use same amount of electric, but be easier on drivers.

Just what does phylos test exactly to determine plant sex? Seems like the first person that can sell a kit to test sex will make a ton of money. I mean we have test kits for humans, can we not have test kits for a damn plant?

Buck's 1500 Watts Of COBs

It's kind of interesting this sex testing. It does go against a lot of current knowledge saying that the sex is influenced by genetics but the final decision is made 3rd week. Dutch passion found that to be the case in the late 90s.

""Feminised Cannabis Seeds"
Courtesy of Dutch Passion

In November 1998 we introduced our "Female Cannabis Seed". We did this after our own experiments showed that from female cannabis seed, we acquired almost 100% female off-spring.

In the meantime we are six months further on. We have received a lot of feed-back from our customers. The reactions are mostly positive! Clients have successfully produced almost 100% female off-spring. However there have been reactions from customers who found a few hermaphrodites or males plants.

Apparently environmental influences affect the sex of the female cannabis seeds as well. Because of the fact that Female marijuana seeds do not grow into female marijuana plants under all circumstances. Thus we changed the name from "Female Cannabis Seeds" into "Feminised Cannabis Seeds".

From literature and from our own findings it appears that the growth of a male or a female cannabis plant from marijunaa seed, except for the predisposition in the gender chromosomes, also depends on various environmental factors. Not only the origination of entirely male or female marijuana plants is partly affected by these environmental factors, the number of male and female cannabis flowers on a hermaphrodite plant is affected as well."

Back
Top Bottom