Brewing earth juice tea

medigreen

alright, when the ph starts comming up after 24+ hours of brewing do you just pull out the airstone when the ph is about right? i've done this and it seam to send my soil ph(runoff) through the roof. am i doing this wrong?

Mine always leveled off around 7... Get creative, add another nute to drop it down if you don't want to use PH down...

^^^^^^THAT^^^^^^

It's EASY to lower pH with EJ.:amen:

DD

^^^^^^THAT^^^^^^

It's EASY to lower pH with EJ.:amen:

DD
I agree^^

Imo:
never add pH down with Ej, since the nute's down the pH.

Just add more Nute's if your worried about to high of a pH :)
(they lower pH drastically, like before it rose after 24, so start with low amounts)

Though if your soil pH is fine, the pH of your water or fert. shouldn't matter. At least with EJ and TLO organics

I've been using Earthjuice with some additional additives (bio root and bio weed by general organics), hygrowzyme, organic molasses, europonic's humic acid as well as added a few experimental organic nutrient trials (green coconut water, Naked brand "green machine" fruit smoothy, spiralina 500mg pill) but with distilled water I never have a high or even close to neutral ph. My earth juice mixture usually is always sitting around 4.9 to 5.2ph as soon as it is mixed. I have done both the bubbling for 24hrs method as well as direct feeiding after only an hour of bubbling and haven't seemed to notice a difference in plant reaction, however, when bubbling the mix for 24 hours I usually see the ph raise to around 5.6 to 5.8 however I still like my feedings to be around 6.2-6.4 for my soil. So usually this is when I will bring the ph up a little. Unfortunately I do not know of a organic ph up to add to nutrient mix (any recommendations?) so I am using the general hydroponics PH up....Just a fyi...I am running about 94% organic. I have not had any soil issues resulting from the earth juice tea blend, with 1 exception being my hanna ph meter going out of wack from not being calibrated frequent enough...but otherwise besides that, my soil runoff stays right at 6.2-6.4 with this method. I also use the recirculation nutrient chart as instructed by a very knowledgeable grower I am friends with.

. I have done both the bubbling for 24hrs method as well as direct feeiding after only an hour of bubbling and haven't seemed to notice a difference in plant reaction, however, when bubbling the mix for 24 hours I usually see the ph raise to around 5.6 to 5.8 however I still like my feedings to be around 6.2-6.4 for my soil. So usually this is when I will bring the ph up a little. Unfortunately I do not know of a organic ph up to add to nutrient mix (any recommendations?)
I have since quit using EJ except as a supplement/addition but, i might be able to help out. I always thought that the suggested bubbling time was 24-48 hours. You might be able to fix your ph problem by letting it go a little more. But be careful b/c the ph starts to go up fast, at anywhere from 24-36 hours. Also, EJ makes a natural ph up.I think it's potassium bi-carbonate(could look, to lazy). hope this helps.

Great answers guys!! I really was curious what effects my chem PH up and down were doing...Looks like I will be taking a trip to the hydro store to get some EJ ph products. I had no idea that the ph up and down would actually destroy the microherds...appreciate the info!! I guess I will try bubbling my mixes a little longer to see if I can get the ph to come up without using any ph adjusters. My question is this...

For my EJ feedings, I usually have been adding, hygrowzyme, bio-root, bio-weed, humic acid and botanicare cal mag and unsulphured molasses. Should I add these extra's in right before feeding, or should I add them in when start bubbling the mix?

I also was given a fairly large pack of MYco to add to my feedings...should this go in right before feeding or when I first start bubbling my mix?

Thanks everyone!!! Knowledge is Flower!!! lol

Also I have been adding green coconut water about 1 oz per 2 gallons because of the high potassium, cytokins and micronutrients in the juice. Plants seem to be responding well.

I also have been adding 1 500mg spiralina pill into my feedings. Read a lot of really good stuff about this algae and how much nutrient's and hormones it packs!!

My other experimental additive is Naked "Green Machine" fruit smoothy. I researched all the natural ingredients in the smoothy and they all are useful for fertalizers so I decide to try it. I add 1 oz to 2 gallons of water.

Good stuff here... I am running EJ on a large scale this year and was/am a lil worried about PH issues as I have read from other consumers that it can be an issue.
My soil is killer and it is my understanding that it if your soil is right, the PH EJ produces shouldn't be a problem.

I do however have a bottle of EJ PH up on hand just in case.

It's one thing to brew for a few plants, it's another to do it for a couple dozen (outdoor) big mamas. I am hoping it won't be an issue cause I can't afford to setup and bubble that much juice... say, 100 Gals or more at a time a couple times a week!

I have been feeding w/a non brewed mix of grow, bloom and catalyst w/no apparent probs so far, I hope this will continue to be the way it goes... we'll see!

I always use dolomite in my soil. Its good insurance for PH and provides cal and mag. I dont use RO water either and my water reads 160 PPM Plenty of calcium in there also. If your water is like mine and you use dolomite lime ( Pellitized not hydrated ) you wont need any calmag or ph down or up. I also brew with earthjuice catalyst/fresh worm castings/kelp meal and bat guano with mycos and I know the ph concerns but I have nothing but healthy plants with huge buds of goodness so I forgot completely about testing my runnoff. Its kina a trade off going organic growing style.....no more ph testing and PPM juggling...traded for haveing bubbling buckets of poo sitting around bubbling....its the shits but this shits for me.....hehehe Love my earthjuice catalyst!!

:bravo:

DSCN02351.JPG

My PH when bubbling EJ stays at about 4.0 give a take a few 10ths even after bubbling for 48 hours... maybe I'm not infusing enough air... hmmm

You are talking about earthjuice catalyst right? Add a handfull of fresh worm castings and 2 teaspoons of blackstrap mollasas and make sure your water is just rolling with bubbles and it will be around 7 - 7.5 in 30 hours.

Cona

I am using the grow, I rotate between catalyst and blackstrap. I do believe I need a bigger pump. The one I have makes bubbles but not to the extent I think will work better... I have to bubble 150 gals at a time!

Thanks for the feedback :Namaste:

You are talking about earthjuice catalyst right? Add a handfull of fresh worm castings and 2 teaspoons of blackstrap mollasas and make sure your water is just rolling with bubbles and it will be around 7 - 7.5 in 30 hours.

Cona

Boy that's for sure... LOL
I found a small dual outlet aquarium pump to use in the third barrel, I took the 4 leads on the bigger one and now all 3 have 2 leads.
I just started another brew about an hour ago, we'll see what that produces. I need to come up w/a hun to buy the bigger pump , hopefully in another week.

Wow...thats alot of brewin.

Back
Top Bottom