Brix related question regarding calcium

Hi fellas.

So I have been wanting to add some phosphorous and calcium to my soil. Juding from everything else I use I think they would complete my needs.

Rock phosphate looks good but it is so slow to break down. I was hoping at least for the phosphorous to find something more quick release. The calcium can be slow and steady.

Anyone got some ideas on something? Or a combo of stuff I could use?

Food grade calcium from lime, can get it from amazon. Or do Docbuds 6-5-3 combo, with tea and azomite worked wonders on my aspiring to be brix plants. I used it as a top dressing, kinda mixing it into the top layer then hitting it with natures own tea. They never showed any signs of needing anything, and grew up to be pretty nice ladies. Even to existing soil structure 6-5-3 will do some nice work along with the good tea.

Food grade calcium from lime, can get it from amazon. Or do Docbuds 6-5-3 combo, with tea and amozmite worked wonders on my aspiring to be brix plants. I used it as a top dressing, kinda mixing it into the top layer then hitting it with natures own tea. They never showed any signs of needing anything, and grew up to be pretty nice ladies. Even to existing soil structure 6-5-3 will do some nice work along with the good tea.

Well I am more half Hi Brix then full blown. I use phosphate additives, mostly Jamacian bat Guano during my flowering. Infact as said above I would like to get a second source of high phosphorous. Preferably a liquid as I have two liquid sources of Potash that I put in every feeding, so I would love to balance that out with more phosphorous instead of just relying on my slower releasing bat guano and left over bone meal which I feed during veg.

The Lime was a consideration.

Well I am more half Hi Brix then full blown. I use phosphate additives, mostly Jamacian bat Guano during my flowering. Infact as said above I would like to get a second source of high phosphorous. Preferably a liquid as I have two liquid sources of Potash that I put in every feeding, so I would love to balance that out with more phosphorous instead of just relying on my slower releasing bat guano and left over bone meal which I feed during veg.

The Lime was a consideration.
Are you adding any beneficial bacteria to eat some of what is in your soil, or are you completely relying on liquid ferts?

I dont add them in they are just naturally there. My soil is a big mix of stuff.

Manure, compost, green sand, perlite, alfalfa meal, bone meal, blood meal, feather meal, cocoa meal, so po mag, azomite, Jamaican bat guano, peat moss.

My soil is typically 6.2-6.9

I dont add them in they are just naturally there. My soil is a big mix of stuff.

Manure, compost, green sand, perlite, alfalfa meal, bone meal, blood meal, feather meal, cocoa meal, so po mag, azomite, Jamaican bat guano, peat moss.

My soil is typically 6.2-6.9
That's all good but if u don't have anything in there eating all that good stuff up, releasing the important stuff, nothing really happens. Use some good tea you will be amazed with the result. Like I said a weekly tea, will really hook your grow up. You have a great structure, but the beni's dont last forever in there, need to add them and let them do the worrying for you. Need something in there to eat all that sh!t :morenutes:

There are already plenty of microbes in my soil decomposing everything. You do not need tea to have microbes. Good sound soil has plenty.

What i need is more Calcium and Phosphorous to prepare for the flower season.

There are already plenty of microbes in my soil decomposing everything. You do not need tea to have microbes. Good sound soil has plenty.

Microbes die off ijs, but this is a moot point, you want to add calcium and phosphorus. 6-5-3 adds what ur looking for too, but again you need the tea to break it down. :thumb:

Dont get me wrong. Teas can be really awesome. Once I have a extra air pump laying around I will probably give it a shot and see how I like the results.

Its just atm I just need calcium and P lol.

Dont get me wrong. Teas can be really awesome. Once I have a extra air pump laying around I will probably give it a shot and see how I like the results.

Its just atm I just need calcium and P lol.

Dr. Earth Soft Rock Phosphate is colloidal phosphate infused with seven strains of beneficial soil microbes. Contains Pro-Biotic beneficial soil microbes. An excellent source of natural phosphorous and calcium. Provides both short and long term benefits. Great for feeding flowering trees and shrubs. Stimulates root growth. 0-2-0 formulation. Still need some tea to break it down, idk of a liquid that will do what srp will do.

why would you need more P if your infusing with bonemeal?

forget the tea aspect for a moment, i think your vastly underestimating the amount of microbes you need to break down the slow to convert stuff.

if i start making tea, im tempted to grind up rapid rooters into the mix for their built in innoculant, lol.

have you considered adding mycoriza or however its spelled?

why would you need more P if your infusing with bonemeal?

forget the tea aspect for a moment, i think your vastly underestimating the amount of microbes you need to break down the slow to convert stuff.

if i start making tea, im tempted to grind up rapid rooters into the mix for their built in innoculant, lol.

have you considered adding mycoriza or however its spelled?

I add Mycorrhizal to every plant when I put them in their first pots. Few tablespoons of Glomus Intraradices.

A little gos a long way I bought a small package for 2 or 3 bucks at the hydro store when I first started my original 8 plants. Now with double that I still have half the packet left.

A Milk foliar spray add both calcium and phosporus. Also you can use phosphoric acid in a dilluted spray for adding phosphate via foliar feeding.

I heard milk also helps with things like PM.

Currently I just foliar spray my plants with a hose lol.

Dont worry, my climate is not the type to have to worry about PM. Its extremely dry here usually like 9-18 humidity

Back
Top Bottom