Brown leafs on 2 week old plant please help

Also I forgot to post that I used dolomotic lime inside the soil could that be whats causing the Nutrient burn?

Ahhh that could be your issue my friend. Did you "cook" (compost) your soil after you added the lime and before you planted in it??? This stuff is great but it is extremely potent and will cook your plants if you dont.

Ahhh that could be your issue my friend. Did you "cook" (compost) your soil after you added the lime and before you planted in it??? This stuff is great but it is extremely potent and will cook your plants if you dont.
Here's a play by play.
- got the sunshine mix #4 Flushed it with 100 gallons of water after I put it into the 5 gallon bucket
- mixed the lime in it 1 3/4 tablespoons per galon
- added more perlite
- planted seeds after germination

Now what then guys I really want her to survive what can I do for it should I give it base nutes and hope for the best by base I mean fox farms big bloom only.

Anytime you ever add anything like that to your soil, it is very important to compost your soil. Adding raw nutrients like that can cause some crazy things to happen in your soil. For one it will start to decompose the additive and that actually heats up your soil. Kinda like when you turn an outdoor compost pile in the winter and it starts to steam like crazy!! Same thing is going on in your pot. 30 days of composting will work for any additives you put in. If you did not compost you may want to transplant into new soil man. I have never had this problem, just have done a lot with composting and vegi garden work. And additives and composting them is something i do know lol. Hope things work out!!!!

Anytime you ever add anything like that to your soil, it is very important to compost your soil. Adding raw nutrients like that can cause some crazy things to happen in your soil. For one it will start to decompose the additive and that actually heats up your soil. Kinda like when you turn an outdoor compost pile in the winter and it starts to steam like crazy!! Same thing is going on in your pot. 30 days of composting will work for any additives you put in. If you did not compost you may want to transplant into new soil man. I have never had this problem, just have done a lot with composting and vegi garden work. And additives and composting them is something i do know lol. Hope things work out!!!!

Well thanks a lot we now know the problem but what I don't get is I mixed the exact same amount of lime in 4 buckets with the same soil none of the other plants are having this problem and they are just as old. but I will take your advice f or sure tmrw morning I will go the the hydro store get some materials to create a new hempy bucket then transplant it into the hempy tomorrow night after I'm done cleaning the perlite and making the new bucket.

Ya she could just be more affected by whats going on down there lol. What i have learned is that when ever you are dealing with seedlings they do not like high nutes. I use Fox Farm Happy Frog soil for my seedlings and it is a pretty weak soil and it can be to hot for some strains. Good luck with the doctoring!!!! Hope we get some more input from these old school growers!!!!

Ya she could just be more affected by whats going on down there lol. What i have learned is that when ever you are dealing with seedlings they do not like high nutes. I use Fox Farm Happy Frog soil for my seedlings and it is a pretty weak soil and it can be to hot for some strains. Good luck with the doctoring!!!! Hope we get some more input from these old school growers!!!!
yea I agree 100% I just never knew that lime does that its my first time working with it after reading everywhere u have to put lime in the pots for it to work out with sunshine mix #4. But no big deal Ill post some pics of the transplant tomorrow it should do better after the transplant.

It's ok to use dolomite lime, but outraged is right about cooking the mixture, I never add anything except perlite to my mix. I use 65% FFOF 35% perlite, through the entire grow, I even start my seeds in that mix, and I've never had issues with it

As promised guys here’s the update with the transplant I did it yesterday but was to lazy to post considering it got late. They are looking better already who would thought, something I thought would do more harm then good ending up doing way more good. Thanks a lot for the advice guys I have a feeling it will be smooth sailing from here.
Hempy_bucket.jpg

Back
Top Bottom