BubblinBuds Hydro Grow 2020

Hey everyone so not too much going on right now as we’re still in the seedling stage patiently waiting for some vigorous growth to start up but here’s some pictures. It’s time to up the feed now and let them start drinking some heavier soup now that they are all well established with lots of roots. Everything is the same as before:
76-78F room temp
68F reservoir temp
ppm’s are low right now, around 100-200ppm (we will be upping the feed today as they look like their asking me very politely to “hurry the fuck up and feed me!” Haha pictures below. Thanks for stopping by :passitleft:
Pure Power Plant
DA32F173-9AD1-4212-9DCC-3748F33A4115.jpeg

Chiquita Banana
B1324DDC-89F9-44F5-905B-584FCD47EB7D.jpeg

Sirius Black
6290DAA0-C583-4B81-881A-6F9735388060.jpeg

Northern Lights
8CE78ECD-1A0F-4826-B5F7-5ACF263A9798.jpeg

Pinkman Goo
81BEC12C-075A-4CE6-B48F-05647F40AC10.jpeg

Thanks @r0am1ng st0ner ! I appreciate the kind words, I usually feed a little heavier then this by this point but this is only my 2nd grow using Mega Crop so I figure slow and steady at first so I can get an idea of what each plant wants then I’ll start to cater to them. Last grow I started all my plants with AN base nutrients and then switched to mega crop after they were established. This grow I’m starting with MC so it’s brand new for me starting seedlings with this 1 feed nutrient, but we’ll get the kinks worked out and get them growing nicely here in no time. :passitleft:

Ya I have used GH trio, AN, and Botanicare’s nutrients on other grows and my last harvest using the MC turned out very similar results to all of the above nutrient lines so I decided it’s worth it. It saves me a lot of money on nutrients and time spent feeding plants is sliced in half so I decided to give it another go. If I can save that much $ and time by switching feeds I’m all for it, as long as it doesn’t effect the quality of my medicine. Your correct, the plants are definitely healthy growing everyday with nice uniform green leaflets so everything’s going great I just know I can push them just a little bit harder.. so I want to. Lol You’ll notice throughout my grow, I tend to push my plants to their limits feed wise but work my way up there slowly to make sure I don’t over do it.

I have used FF trio and AN sensi 2 part and currently use AN but like you don't want to look in the cupboard the nute bottles are in.... It is like spring loaded open the door and.... ya you know. So the 1 part sounds nice for sure, I also push the nutes hard until they ask you to stop. Maybe @MrSauga can tell you what he does when he is around next I know he uses MC however not in hydro, amounts might be the same.

Haha ya I know exactly what you mean.. it gets crazy with all those bottles. Still not 100% sure im on the MC train just yet, well see how this grow turns out. My last grow was spectacular averaging around 10 oz a plant, one blueberry I pulled 16.5 oz off and it was all top shelf bud so if I see similar results I will definitely be switching to MC for awhile. Here’s some photos of my last grow with MC to give a referance:

Hydroton? Yes... everything is exactly the same as last grow, nothing has changed. Just DWC buckets, hydroton, RO water, and MC. Why do you ask?

EDIT: It is new hydroton, if that’s what your asking.
omg i'm sorry I am sorta half awake and in two threads, bed time it is :rofl: :passitleft:

To explain a little as I feel silly as heck now they had made a diy media and had 3 plants that did not seem to like this media. This was also their second grow I thought they were saying they had great luck last time. :rofl: But I am off to bed man, thank you, and can't wait to see them take off

Thanks for the tag Stoner.

I usually feed a little heavier then this by this point but this is only my 2nd grow using Mega Crop so I figure slow and steady at first so I can get an idea of what each plant wants then I’ll start to cater to them.
Hiya BB! Your first plants look like they produced well with the MC so good on you. One thing I noticed you say is you push your nutes hard but not overdoing it. With MC you want to do the opposite. You want to run them lean so when you get to flower you haven't built up excess amounts of Ca and Mg. Your plants will not show these issues until flower when the plant calls for K and it can't get it because of a buildup of other nutes.
So feeding a plant with MC relies on your eyes and experience more than anything. When a plant is hungry or underfed they start to yellow from the bottom up. With MC you a re looking for those subtle changes of green that will tell you it's time to increase by a 1/2g.

I like to get to 4g/gal in mid veg and hold that value until the plants ask for more. After the second true set of leaves the plant can take 1/2g or 1g/gal to start. When the cotys have turned yellow you'll have to be feeding by then no matter what, another sign the plant is looking for food.

Hope that helps a bit. I'll follow along and try to help if I see anything going out of whack or if you numbers are getting too high too fast. Thanks for the welcome!

Thanks for the tag Stoner.

Hiya BB! Your first plants look like they produced well with the MC so good on you. One thing I noticed you say is you push your nutes hard but not overdoing it. With MC you want to do the opposite. You want to run them lean so when you get to flower you haven't built up excess amounts of Ca and Mg. Your plants will not show these issues until flower when the plant calls for K and it can't get it because of a buildup of other nutes.
So feeding a plant with MC relies on your eyes and experience more than anything. When a plant is hungry or underfed they start to yellow from the bottom up. With MC you a re looking for those subtle changes of green that will tell you it's time to increase by a 1/2g.

I like to get to 4g/gal in mid veg and hold that value until the plants ask for more. After the second true set of leaves the plant can take 1/2g or 1g/gal to start. When the cotys have turned yellow you'll have to be feeding by then no matter what, another sign the plant is looking for food.

Hope that helps a bit. I'll follow along and try to help if I see anything going out of whack or if you numbers are getting too high too fast. Thanks for the welcome!
Very useful information Sauga and good to know, I’ll keep that in mind. I appreciate it, as it’s only my second run with the 1 feed. I’m hoping they turn out as good if not better then the first run, it’ll be great to have you around. :high-five:

Wassup guys:passitleft:
Having trouble sleeping today so I’d though I’d do an update. I was correct those plants were hungry and responded well from the feeding... might have over cooked one or two but I’ll back off the nutes and they’ll bounce back. Here’s the photos

Pure Power Plant.. fed this one a bit heavy but she will be ok
278E197F-EFF7-4512-B6C3-BFE333BC2324.jpeg

C.Banana .. again fed a little to heavy but she will be fine
8785E09E-6CB9-418F-90B3-8C3FBF6DDF34.jpeg

Northern Lights
F2F007F6-C0BD-495A-A5F3-834164DA40AD.jpeg

Sirius Black
7BCBA871-0A56-400E-A857-5F6674A35574.jpeg

Pinkman Goo
63799761-2CE1-4A89-A8DA-D032A4AE061A.jpeg

I’m along for the ride...very curious about the Hydroton! Do you germinate, and right into the clay balls?
Happy to have you @LandoC thanks for showing interest! Yes that’s exactly what I do. I let the tap root get about as big as it can before it will pop the shells off in the napkin and the tap root is like a cork screw when I put it in. I should have taken some pictures of the seedlings before I placed them into the hydroton and after.... oh well, next time. It’s super simple and I prefer it over rock wool or any starting cubes.
EDIT: Here’s a picture of a seedling just put in the rocks, thats all I could find in my gallery. After one day it will be standing up, day two the shells usually crack open, and it’s just business as usual from there.
27062017-14D4-4D16-907B-C446CDA5B918.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom