Bud Grant Does BDS Afghan - Organic Soil - SuperRoots Airpots - Stealth - 135W UV LED

Bud Grant

Greetings,
In addition to the 6 pack, I have two Early Misty going into Vegatation.
2013-01-31_22-40-39_723.jpg

Re: Bud Grant does BDS Afghan,Organic Soil,SuperRoots Airpots,Stealth,135 watt UV LED

2013-01-30_22-33-02_901_1_1.jpg

6x 5 liter Super Roots Airpots. six snug into the Growlab perfectly

Re: Bud Grant does BDS Afghan,Organic Soil,SuperRoots Airpots,Stealth,135 watt UV LED

Misty supposedly has White Widow /Early Skunk genetics. Very pretty leaves on this variety. This plant is marketed as a strong outdoor variety. These are gonna get their lovin' indoors

Soil:
1. About 6 gallon recycled from last grow. They were all males, organically grown.
2. 24 Quarts of Life Force Soil. Got this from Living Whole Foods.
This is a product I would recommend. Very black peat with coarse perlite.
3. Shake of high phosphorous Bat Guano and Azomite.
4. 3 Shakes Bone Meal, couple hands full dolomite lime.
5. 3 hands full Gurney’s Raspberry & Blackberry Food
(mainly Kelp,blood & bone meal. Alfalfa meal, sunflower ash)
Mixed with bare hands for vibes and positivity
6. 3 lbs or so Wiggle Worms Castings
7. Small vile of desert sand for luck

I like the Airpots, first time trying these ever. They look like sea urchins. Impressed by the design, function , and engineering. They are easy to put together, beginners may want to watch their video. It shows how they are made, the air pruning method, and assembly.

[video=youtube;pafzxbfb30g]
[/video]

fluorowing-5.jpg

Stock photo of the Fluorowing I got off Amazon.
Instead of getting the $12 ratchet off Amazon I went to Lowes and got x2 -foot length of chain and 4 aluminum quick connects. 8-9 bucks and better as well.

Life Force Organic Soil Mix
Certified Organic
Free of animal products and animal by products
Packaged in 5 lb bags (approx 8 quarts, .3 cubic feet)
One 5 lb bag fills 2.5 to 3 (depending on soil depth) 20"x 10" wheatgrass growing trays
The life force soil mix is an organic blend of coconut coir, starter charge, beneficial microbes, 78+ Ionic Chelated Micro-Nutrients and Multi-Nutritional and Organic Componds.

Gurney's Raspberry & Blackberry food is 4-3-4- NPK

2013-02-01_22-05-07_490.jpg

The plants in veg have a 135 watt ufo hovering 16 inches over you cant see the ufo in this pick

at 5 nodes or so this is most attractive plant I've ever grown. Nothing has ever come close.

2013-02-02_21-16-39_515.jpg

Maybe you guys who grow a lot of plants know the answer to this?
How often do your first true leaves have a lobe on them??

2013-02-03_22-22-01_205.jpg

Early Misty A has strong Indica Traits. Wide leaves compact.
Early Misty B burned slightly more than A when nitrogen was increased.
Early Misty B also seems to fancy herself a Sativa , early leaves suffered scaling of sorts. I wasn't planning on topping any plants any time soon, but I may want to with this one. I suppose this is the 1/4 Sativa coming out, she could be interesting.
2013-02-03_22-21-42_566.jpg

well it is lonely in here so i guess i'll talk to myself awhile.
Been reading The Rev's book. Learning this so called TLO technique. Which involves picking fly shit out of the pepper. Rev is on point and has put a lot of thought into his work.
Ignoring someone with such extensive experience in the art of growing weed would be foolishness.
At the same time he has made something that is relatively easy to do by most organic gardeners standards and made it into a hard science ripe with hazards that must be avoided at all costs. Attention he will tell you must be paid to the tiny microbeasties living in your soil. He will also let you know how you have been causing chaos in their environment by watering with nutrients. His soil mixes are complicated enough to make any TV Chef blush, requiring "cooking" to produce useable soil. He also gets into creating feeding resevroirs (spikes) as he calls them to inject nutrients. By doing so you can avoid disrupting micro life.
Interesting read, not sure if I agree 100% with his soil choices. He likes to use wood chips, Wood chips or other decaying carbon needs nitrogen and uses it heavily. Every gardener knows that a heavily mulched area needs reinforcement of extra nitrogen. The micro fungi that consume wood are heavy consumers of nitrogen, while eventually becoming beneficial, immediately becoming burdensome. This leads to the need to add a product bloodmeal, that leads to acid therefore requiring ph buffers. He then uses a truck load of alkaline buffers. Bone, calcium, rock dust,dolomite.
Rev believes the plant can search out its own nutrients, which is cool and groovy, anyway I'm only about 1/2 through.
Hope you San Fran fans are starting to feel better, it was a good run.
Take it easy
Bud

Pretty sure I see male preflowers on Early Misty A. This is the plant I found the most attractive, which makes me gay in regards to weed :circle-of-love:

hope Misty B is female, because I'm going to clone the shit out of her lol:420:

Whoopie that's 5 males 0 females from buydutchseeds.com

Got my six Afghan in que. Can't wait. One of these has to be female.Right?

Back
Top Bottom