Bud Grant Does BDS Afghan - Organic Soil - SuperRoots Airpots - Stealth - 135W UV LED

Re: Bud Grant does BDS Afghan,Organic Soil,SuperRoots Airpots,Stealth,135 watt UV LED

Hey bro!

Nice journal, and gorgeous plants. Sorry about the males...can't be helped.

I've found that germinating at 72 degrees and 60 to 70 RH produces more females than males, often 7 or more out of 10. You might give it a shot some time.

That book you're reading is excellent, BTW. A bit kooky, but a lot of what he's saying about the rock dusts and microbes is exactly right.

Anyhow, I'll be checking your stuff out, I LOVED your soil mix and especially the way you described making it. Intuitive gardeners who have that connection with the soil and plants are the kind of people I like to hang with, so I hope you don't mind some company!

Re: Bud Grant does BDS Afghan,Organic Soil,SuperRoots Airpots,Stealth,135 watt UV LED

Hey bro!

Nice journal, and gorgeous plants. Sorry about the males...can't be helped.

I've found that germinating at 72 degrees and 60 to 70 RH produces more females than males, often 7 or more out of 10. You might give it a shot some time.

That book you're reading is excellent, BTW. A bit kooky, but a lot of what he's saying about the rock dusts and microbes is exactly right.

Anyhow, I'll be checking your stuff out, I LOVED your soil mix and especially the way you described making it. Intuitive gardeners who have that connection with the soil and plants are the kind of people I like to hang with, so I hope you don't mind some company!
Thanks for reading my journal and the kind words Doc.Pull up a chair, make yourself at home.
When I germinate I've been filling 1/3 of 4 inch pots with soil. The rest of the way with fine horticultural vermiculite. Then I put the tray on a heating pad, not sure where the temps are. Maybe next time I will put a thermometer in the medium. What is RH ?

Re: Bud Grant Does BDS Afghan - Organic Soil - SuperRoots Airpots-Stealth-135 Watt UV

I was thinking one could argue that growing indoors isnt organic at all, but it is using un natural elements to become what it becomes. Indoor marijuana is using LED's and other artificial sources of food.
She uses man as a solable food source. He is her greatest ally.
The idea that marijuana uses thc as an anti pest control is compelling, though I've never known any one who extracted some top grade skunk and applied it to the face to keep the gnats off.
Far from the truth. I'm not sure if another fool ever thought that THC is a chemical that keeps man taking care of her.
Yes, man is organic his methods are organic. The sun is a false profit, the tent is un natural. Air is stale but full of basement Co2.
Water treated, then softened. Run through active carbon and deposited in this jug made out of plastic.
Man is the most advanced myccorizae albeit the biggest.
Later
Bud

Re: Bud Grant Does BDS Afghan - Organic Soil - SuperRoots Airpots-Stealth-135 Watt UV

Don't use these
2013-02-06_22-11-32_466.jpg

Then forget to use this
2013-02-06_22-17-54_361.jpg

experimented with layers
added bottom layer high phos bat shit. Not sure why Rev goes with nitrogen.
Just to hedge, I did a couple with bonemeal on the ground floor.
Experimented with mid layer too
Couple got chicken poo, and 4 got Kelp meal on the 2nd floor.
Then a buffer layer of soil. Top floor got a full scoop of Great white
Root ball on cool soil mix with no adds, couple got rested right on the myco
Desert sand on top
Did not water plants. Plants were covered with very hydrated soil mix
Took a wooden skewer and inserted it into the top layers to create air tunnels up and down the length of the strata. Also inserted them into the sides of the airpots to allow a few tunnels toward the middle of the plant, making sure of course to avoid the young roots.
Air temp 72 degrees
Ventilation
Ambiant

Gave my plants water today. One cap full Bonide Atlantis Hydrolyzed fish emulsion. 2-4-0 to one Gallon h2o
Looking at the label I noticed it said "natural based" also 0.05 Nitrogen derived from slowly available nitrogen.
I guess reading through the b.s. that meant that 1.5 of the soluble nitrogen is probably some type of chelated stuff.. Urea or something like that. This isnt a big deal for me, especially so early in the grow, and in such low amounts.

2013-02-19_22-02-02_821.jpg
Hi everyone. Two days since I watered with Kelp tea. Great White and molasses. Air stoned for 72 hours.

there's something primordial about the Afghan plant. The long leaves and squat growth.

7. Small vile of desert sand for luck

Having spent the bulk of my life living in various deserts, I love this addition! :Namaste:

there's something primordial about the Afghan plant. The long leaves and squat growth.

You are so right about that!

I'm growing some interesting genetics lately, namely an afghan x herijuana cross. Each time I grow a plant that has a lot of afghani influence I notice a couple things:

1.)they like soil that drains well
2.)they like cool, dry nights
3.)they like a lot of minerals in the soil.

They're like a gorgeous wild animal compared to all the domesticated strains we like to grow.

Good info Docbud. When you say "cool nights" could you expand on that? Like how cool?
You are so right about that!

I'm growing some interesting genetics lately, namely an afghan x herijuana cross. Each time I grow a plant that has a lot of afghani influence I notice a couple things:

1.)they like soil that drains well
2.)they like cool, dry nights
3.)they like a lot of minerals in the soil.

They're like a gorgeous wild animal compared to all the domesticated strains we like to grow.

Hi everybody. Made another tea. Manure style
Didn't get crazy with it. Maybe two tablespoons chicken shit (Espoma) to one gallon water. teaspoon molasses, 1/4 teaspoon Great White. After 72 hours air stoned mixture was nice and foamy. Separated this into two waterings, 3 days apart. First watering 1/2 solution half water. Never made manure tea and I was being cautious. Watered 3 days later at full strength. Mixture smelled like Great White with a hint of sweetness. Smelled kind of like ice tea almost.
Soil test shows medium to high nutrient levels in NPK. PH is high 7.5 maybe. Not sure if the molasses is acidic enough to bring it down. Soma would tell me that I need to bring it down to 6.5. However 7 suppose to be good for bacterial myco. So I'm going to leave it alone for now and check in a week or two.
Got two clones from each plant. Hoping the weed Gods don't fuck me over with dude plants. Been smoking Early Misty and that shit has a high thc content. Those plants are alternating nodes and should go into flower soon. More than likely both are male. Not 100% sure though.
take it easy

Back
Top Bottom