Bud is going too crisp when drying

I thought i read somewhere that if you over dry your weed you have ruined the curing process and you can't add moisture to start the cure any truth to that?:roorrip:

I've never heard that but I suppose that could be true, depending on the circumstances maybe, anyone? All I know is my bud smells, tastes & smokes just the same as the bud that didn't get over dried but most importantly, the effect remains the same too. Trial & error I guess. :yummy: ~Ginny

Great tip Goldengoose7! Thx bunches for sharing!!! :goodjob:

Great tip Goldengoose7! Thx bunches for sharing!!! :goodjob:

My pleasure! :)

Having a stable storage environment allows you to leave the bud to age and improve over long periods which ultimately transforms what you started with into something even better! I've found that the better the bud is going in, the better it will become after long term storage. Those Himidipacks really make serious aging possible in any airtight container.

Before that, you needed to invest in a really good cigar humidor which, by the way is still a really great way to store and age your 5 star bud! :thumb:

Great advice Goldengoose, I did almost the same on my cure and it turned out great....

If your buds are drying out too fast you may have way too low of a RH...you want it around 50-60% ideally for a nice slow dry( just make sure you have good air exchange in your drying area....mine sat right in this zone and within 6-7 days the buds were crispy to the touch, but wet inside :) Also cooler rooms will present a slower dry versus a hotter room which will increase the speed it drys...

What I found was exactly as you stated...once the outsides of the buds feel crispy...jar them....within a few hours of being closed they will feel moist again.. Each time I opened the jar I would put my hand in the jar and "feel" the humidity of the jar...you can feel it on your hand if its really moist in the jar, and if so.leave it open for a while.feel the buds and when the edges get crispy time to put the lid back on until they moisten up...and repeat over and over until they do not get moist anymore and stay rock hard..

You will start to feel the "Heavyness" of the buds get lighter and ligher and you almost can feel when there ready. I did mine on almost a 12/12 setting....12 hours closed, 12 hours open and this seemed to work very well. If the buds felt a lil wetter than they should...take them out...lay them evenly on a few paper towels for a few hours...when the outsides feel crispy...back in the jar :)

Nice dense, stinky sticky nugs was the result of this method...I also cured for about 4 weeks before they were ready and at this time, very smooth enjoyable smoke!!

i find that if its really crispy when i put it in the jar to dry it throw in some orange peels, flowers, fresh herbs, or anything fragrant and moist and it will help that out, and i just open the jar for a few seconds once a day to help move the air around and change out the peels or flowers and they always come out smelling fresh and just the right moistness

Re: bud is going to crisp when drying

You may be drying to fast. Is the light on when you dry? If so turn it off. You may want to slow your fan down too. Is it blowing directly on your buds?
I grew mine outside and a greenhouse type thing and then I brought it in as it got colder and I harvested a quarter of it and it was too early and I didn't hang it long enough and I got three quarters of it hanging and I just keep an eye on it because I don't want it to dry but the buds are not Big dookie buds that buds but they're just not what I was looking for and I wasn't prepared and in the get prepared for what I was going to need but I will be prepared next time

Back
Top Bottom