Buds Indoor Grow - White Widow

Close up crystal madness

took some close ups - you can tell that they could have gone a bit longer, but I certainly do have some funk NASTY to look forward to!

122808_part_2_002.jpg

122808_part_2_005.jpg

122808_part_2_007.jpg

122808_part_2_008.jpg

122808_part_2_009.jpg

122808_part_2_010.jpg

122808_part_2_012.jpg

Sooo...the smell of this stuff drying was way* more powerful than anticipated...I went ahead and trimmed all buds of excess leaf material after 48 hrs aggressive drying in the closet, broke out my new jars, and got it organized/graded etc. one way or the other, i have to be able to put a lid on this stuff's odor due to living in an apartment, and closing the closet door is just not enough, so into the jars it goes...i have the next week off and will be around the house 90% of that time, so I can devote as much attention as needed to the harvest, the big question is: do i leave the tops off the jars a few more days to let it air dry, or can i burp the closed jars every few hours?
I really don't want mold, but I just couldn't air dry this for a week without getting v& lol is there something i can put in the jars with the harvest to aid in drying it out, like paper towels, or would leaving the tops not-all-the-way-on be ok, or should i bite the bullet, and spread this out over wax paper and let it air dry a little longer? oh yea, yield so far is ~ 4oz. with expectations to end up around 1.5-2oz dried.

123008_004.jpg

123008_002.jpg

123008_001.jpg

I air dry about 3 days max. At least this time of year when humidity is low. The buds felt dry and crumbly but the stems still fold in half as oppose to snapping. I put them in the jars over night. The moisture leaves the stems and goes back into the buds making them a little more spongy. Then I dump them into a cardboard box lined with newspaper loosely covered. Every few hours I stir up the buds. let it go over night in the loosely covered box. Then to the jars for long term curing. I check / open the jars periodically for the next week or so to smell for ammonia and anything like that. If all is good I leave them be until I need to smoke it. Something you'll get the "feel" for as you go. I over dried my buds once and had to make hash out of the whole plant. So now I'm paranoid about that.

You may want to combine some of those jars. If you leave too much airspace in the jar they may dry out too much in the jar.

I air dry about 3 days max. At least this time of year when humidity is low. The buds felt dry and crumbly but the stems still fold in half as oppose to snapping. I put them in the jars over night. The moisture leaves the stems and goes back into the buds making them a little more spongy. Then I dump them into a cardboard box lined with newspaper loosely covered. Every few hours I stir up the buds. let it go over night in the loosely covered box. Then to the jars for long term curing. I check / open the jars periodically for the next week or so to smell for ammonia and anything like that. If all is good I leave them be until I need to smoke it. Something you'll get the "feel" for as you go. I over dried my buds once and had to make hash out of the whole plant. So now I'm paranoid about that.

You may want to combine some of those jars. If you leave too much airspace in the jar they may dry out too much in the jar.

oh good! I was a little panicky thinking I was sposed to dry for at least a week, if not more - I guess since I didn't get massive buds that 2-3 days is fine then. here's another pic for ya, it all looks just like this! btw + rep for the reply!

123008_part_2_006.jpg

the big question is: do i leave the tops off the jars a few more days to let it air dry, or can i burp the closed jars every few hours?
I really don't want mold, but I just couldn't air dry this for a week without getting v& lol is there something i can put in the jars with the harvest to aid in drying it out, like paper towels, or would leaving the tops not-all-the-way-on be ok, or should i bite the bullet, and spread this out over wax paper and let it air dry a little longer?

:smokin: paper grocery bags would've worked good for that situation..:grinjoint:
:peace:

XSVBuds Congrats on your smoke.:clap:
I bet its all worth it now.:slide:

Man this waiting stuff is hard.:grinjoint:

Pan4

hell yea this waiting stuff sucks - imagine finding pockets of time dilation, like in star trek: tng s6...you could stick the plants in and it would make them grow at 50x times normal - you'd have to have fire hose attached to the hydro setup but imagine harvesting every 15 minutes lol

Back
Top Bottom