Burned sugar leaves, should I harvest now? Indoors, W10

Hey @nickmetal, good to see you salvaged some of it.

Yeah, the dead leaves provide a base for mold to get started. Better luck next time... buds with happy green sugar leaves!

Oh this was a while ago & I try to help in FAQ section of forums where ol fuzzy cares to paddle on the pond, so to speak.

Now in the detective part of the work questions need to be asked to help solve the problem to which we may of missed RH aka relative humidity.

So why is this important ?

Well you most likely check RH when the lights are On.... lights Off the RH can spike to dangerous levels if you are not aware of lights Off RH, bud rot can set in on your prized herb !

So if RH is an issue during lights Off a dehumidifier is a good solution.... oh you can check RH of lights Off as soon as the lights come on or use a green light source with out any other light source effect the grow.

After all bud rot can get the best of us ;)
Yes, Mr. Duck, I'm sure you're right. My extraction fan rarely came on at night, and, yes, the humidity spiked every night--I have a humidity tracker.

You've given me info here that I can correct. I've been wondering what I can do to prevent this disaster from happening again, and I think you're right that the main culprit probably was high night time RH.

Next time, I'll assure that there's adequate extraction during the dark periods!!

So sorry for the loss Nick. They were nice buds.

Back
Top Bottom