Burnt & Drying Leaves

Grow17

I've had this happen on 2 grows now.
The 1st was due to heat from LED's
I've since switched to 4 ft 8 lamp T5's using 3200K Cool White {Red} for flower mode.
I use FF schedule in Ocean Forest soil.
The tops are 8" from the bulbs and I can leave my hand right on the bulbs without getting burned.
DSC0042611.JPG

re: Burnt & Drying Leaves

eventho i use FF dirt also. Ocean forest can burn them. i mix mine with happy and Ocean 1/2 with 1/2. the yellow on the leaves is chemical. kinda looks like mag/cal burn. ocean forest after using it for so long, i still to this day have to add Mag/cal to the water ever month. or i get same thing.

re: Burnt & Drying Leaves

Thanks, they're apx 10 days or less from harvest.
Many of the top fan and sugar leaves are dying. Would it be advisable to cut them off or just let them die on their own.

if your finished up in flowering stage. cut them off. all the energy will go to them leaves and not the plant.
but if your in flowering stage late in the stage. plants almost done with cycle. look at the leaves under the eye glass or mircoscope see if the ambers are colored. if ambers are golden brown almost amber color. then its time to chop. you wont 30 percent to 50 percent ambers colored.

They're close, but only now starting to turn.
I ordered Cal/Mag last night and it will be here for tomorrow's feeding.
I had planned on doing a flush with Sledgehammer.

good deal. flush it 2 days in a row. just once with sledgehammer tho. tsp or whatever it calls for per gallon.
just do it once. then clean clean water afterwards. i use molasses in my water to promote good bacteria in the dirt. especially ff.
but do the cal.mag watering once every month what i do. it helps with the ff dirt. cant go wrong with it.
but your doing well. post some update pics. lets take a look.

I've been using molasses, but read that you should stop a month before harvest.
So much info to digest :)
yeah i do that too. i stop mine about 3 weeks before harvest. i just put 2 more into flowering today. had to post pics of them.
now i have 3 in flowering and 2 in veg and 1 seeding out now. keep chain going lol.:thumb:
:volcano-smiley:

Well mutha you know what !
I just mixed up the Cal/Mag and found that my friggin Mr Meter ph tester is wayyyy out of calibration.
So I've been feeding my girls with a ph of around 5.0 :oops:
Lucky I still have the liquid test kit.

Yep. Lucky. I don't even use them anymore I take serrindge give 5 ml per gallon. Lmao. I did that before.

Back
Top Bottom