MoriartyShell

Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster, I have a problem. I've cultivated Spliff Seeds gold line of Power Plant with success into 2 plants, one's the mom and the other a clone, into the 5th week of flowering, now it wont stop burning its leaves to crispy claws.

Strain: Power Plant (80% sativa/20% indica)
Indoors or outdoors: Indoors
Lighting source: Cfl Veg, 600w HPS flower (18 in away)
Where?: In the closet
Medium: FF Planting/ocean forest
Fertilizer used right now: Jack's Classic, black strap molasses
Lighting schedule: 12/12
Water: tap ph'd at 7
Temp: 70-75

I haven't fed my 2 plants any fert besides the molasses in the 4th week, watered twice. I wish I would have taken a picture a few weeks ago, lush green shiny leaves, now they claw upwards, and get so burnt that they crumble off. I've since moved them away from the light to rest, I flushed them yesterday, I took these pictures today.
full

full

full

full

full

full

looks like I'm going to defoliate them, the budsites are very dark green with dark sugar leaves. There's only a few fan leaves left around the top of the plant I think I'll leave them until they must go. Fed today with blackstrap and RO water. Will update in a day or so if anything changes

So I found out that multiple deficiencies and simultaneous burning of the leaves could clue in a dreaded pest. Fungus gnats! they're everywhere in my soil, so i peppered them with cinnamon and sealed off the pots, which will hopefully kill them. in either case, I'll be going to the grow shop to pick up a pesticide. btw, one of my girls has 1-2 weeks left of flower, calyxes are swelling and everything, orange hairs everywhere. should I just wait it out? will this contaminate my bud?

Bad Luck so close to harvest. Bury them in sand. Add 1" of sand to the top of the soil and the gnats larva will die. Also get some fly paper/tape for the ones flying around. Good luck!

thanks TG! I got rid of the gnats. I'll have to take some photos, the girls are pretty resilient and the crop looks promising. 1 week left for the big bonsai, 2 weeks for the regular plant, and I just started flowering a little bush. Cheers!

you're right jimmy, it's an old picture. The girls have grown quite a bit in spite of the stupid gnats. as of today, the old girl is on her 45th day of flowering, with the younger at 24. I'm planning on chopping the elder in 5 or so days, but i'll upload some pics soon to get a second op

Back
Top Bottom