Burping

The70’s

Good day, this is my third harvest, at each point in my grows i try to stay in my lane, make sure the environment is stable and water correctly (wet/dry cycle).
I just finished a 10day dry, the buds went into jar’s yesterday and today, i have four jars. Humidity without bovedas is around 57-62%.
Is burping purely a RH, active water thing, or do i add humidity pacs because i
“have to” air out the jars for a couple weeks, seemingly to give them fresh air, do an air exchange so to speak.
I always question the “next step”
Thanx

Gotta add a pic, GG4, one of two phenos

1695704161276.png

Burping is more about air exchange for the microbes to handle the cure than it is for RH. Your buds should already be dried down to the correct wetness before sealing them in the jars otherwise you risk mold setting in.

The humidity packs are for long term stability at a certain rh, not for getting it there in the first place.

Like everything sometimes we just do what we’ve done for years and with success in doing so kinda forget ”why” we’re doing it.

So burping is a process of lowering jar humidity and air exchange in the first few weeks…. I think 🤔

So since the RH is spot on, i have added 62% humidity pacs, and for the next two weeks (they just went into jars yesterday) im gonna quickly air them out.

Im gonna try my best to NOT over think this like i do with EVERYTHING 🙄

Back
Top Bottom