Buysser's Very First Grow - Mars II 1600 Watt Attic Grow Using Growology

Nervous watering. Last night I watered with Growology step two and started with two gallons each pot. I'm in 5 gallon smart pots with a 17 inch saucer under that. I put two gallons in a couple, waited and had over an inch of runoff so I took out about half of that with a baster.
Then I used only 1.5 gallons and still had some runoff but of course not as much so I just took a bit out..
There was probably 1/2 inch in all of them when I went to bed and this morning the runoff is all gone.. Good watering? Suggestions? Just have to get that routine going to move thru to the end cause I don't think I'm doing any damage, just want the best for em.. .
Thanks all!!! Don't know what I would do without this thread..

be careful when you leave your run off in the saucer as it will cause mould I watered one off mine a few weeks ago and forgot to empty the runoff and ended up losing half my main cola and had to chop her early because off the mould it caused

A top tip from Welshy ;thumb: Make sure you get 20-25% run off too so you know all the salt build ups get washed through & don't let it sit in this & suck it back up, you run the risk of lockout :)

be careful when you leave your run off in the saucer as it will cause mould I watered one off mine a few weeks ago and forgot to empty the runoff and ended up losing half my main cola and had to chop her early because off the mould it caused

Thanks welshman. So just for clarification, when I water, make sure there is more runoff and remove it from tray?? Not leave it in to soak up overnight? Last night the bottom of the smart pot was fairly moist but no runoff from the night before.
Just want to make sure. :thanks:

Thanks welshman. So just for clarification, when I water, make sure there is more runoff and remove it from tray?? Not leave it in to soak up overnight? Last night the bottom of the smart pot was fairly moist but no runoff from the night before.
Just want to make sure. :thanks:

yes mate you want about a 20% run off and then make sure you remove the runoff.

Crappy picture but I found a solution to two problems. I needed to get my girls off the ground and i built my.net 6 inches to high. Found these shelves at wall Mart. Stuck them in the saucers and boom, in the net they go. back on track for now.

Sorry bout the picture

20141012_111020.jpg

I hope she turns out as nice as mine has mate. Have you not done any topping & training to prepare for your scrog yet?

I do too!! Been watching your beast all along... Yes, been trimming and training for a few weeks now. When I raised them all up, they fit really nice the square that I was aiming for... I use small bungee cords and the spools meant for this..

Just need some time now to grow into the net. I'm not going to scrog all five because of space so I figured I should pick them biggest and fill up what I can then make a decision on when to flip over. At least I think that's what I'm going to do..

:hmmmm:

Crap forgot to ask this quick question. After the big watering it dropped my soil level a couple three inches. Can I or should I add soil in the pots? Seems like the stem is down a bit too. Figured maybe when they need water then add soil and water.. Just my nervous newbie thoughts.

Sorry for two posts in a row

b

Yes replace the lost volume of soil mixture in your plants pot to maintain at least the same planting depth.

I'd still put some saucers under those cloth pots too. As they get bigger, it'll be harder to do and you will want to be able to water them from the bottom some too. Saucers allow that easily. ;)

I was just thinking tonight that I'm going to take my time in veg and then flower and of course in curing. Stumbled on a really sweet Street deal that can keep me going for quite a while.
I'll get some pictures up tomorrow but that would leave me planning for a longer veg and a longer flower. going to do some toping cause they're coming through the net pictures tomorrow I promise

Back
Top Bottom