C99 & Iced Widow

I was wondering today if it's a good idea to add a couple 60w CFLs on the floor, right in the middle of the canopy in between the four pots. I thought this might help the lower parts of the plants. The CFL's wont be too close so the extra light might not be worth the extra heat emitted. Can anyone say for sure? I worry about the extra heat so close to the pots i.e. the roots & the extra hassle for little in return.
:Namaste:

You can't go wrong with some extra light, and cfl's don't emit much heat. Unless of course you already have a problem with heat.

Your probably right blaze, those garden elves must be teaching you well lol! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Day42 (from sprout).

Here's a pic I took earlier.

day7 flower:
day427.JPG

peace out

Those are some big bitches. How much have they stretched in the last week?

Those are some big bitches. How much have they stretched in the last week?

I can't say exactly how much they've stretched...but one of the c99's was about 50cm before I flipped! Hopefully they don't turn into hideous creatures of the garden scaring all the gnomes & elves away :rofl:. According to the breeders they're medium height plants so will see what happens, if they get too big then we'll just have to figure it out mate lol!
:thumb:

Quick update. I got a couple of 120w soft white CFLs that I placed in the middle of the canopy. According to my light meter it makes a pleasant difference...for example one area at the bottom (wasn't close to the bulb) without the CFLs registered about 7,000lux, with the CFLs it registered about 19,000lux. Nice!
:high-five:
CFLs:
Day43_2_.JPG

Day43_3_.JPG

Nice idea bud! That will work well. No popcorn bud for you hopefully.

That would be great. But I don't think it will make a huge a difference since as you know to get the most out of CFLs the plants need to be very close which isn't the case here...I expect it to improve the overall grow though, surely.

Back
Top Bottom